Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The Life Of Captain Marvel #1 - The covers for this are very nice. I know Stohl's run hasn't been the best damn thing, but I'm curious to see how she handles this.

Cosmic Ghost Rider #1 - This is the first and probably only time I'll ever be excited about Frank Castle.

X-23 #1 & #2 - I'm judging by the solicit she's actually calling herself X-23 again and it's not just an editorial title. It's bullshit and I hate it either way, and I haven't made up my mind on whether I will support this or not.

Death Of The Inhumans #1 - Well, that should clear things up. So the Kree are killing the Inhumans in what I assume is yet another attempt to conquer the race. And I think the solicit already spoils that a bunch of alien Inhumans have been offed. I wonder if the Earth Inhumans are gonna play any part on this or if it's going to be strictly a cosmic book. Anyway, that design on the variant cover is sick.

Wakanda Forever: X-Men #1 - I'm surprised Nakia is back in comics and it's not suddenly and inexplicably looking and acting exactly like her MCU self. Also, LOL at the solicit referring to Storm as ''Panther's one true love''.

Avengers #4 - I don't get this solicit calling Jennifer ''Hulk'', plus the way she's been drawn by Ed McGuiness. I thought the whole point of Marvel Legacy was bringing her back to the She-Hulk persona? But then again, after Laura going back to X-23, I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this kind of inconsistency.

Infinity Countdown: Champions #2 / Champions #22 - These solicits are sounding like Nova's gonna die, or at least something really bad happens to him.

Thor #3 - What in the ten realms... I was not expecting this as a plot for this book. Can't say I'm not interested, though. I like that Balder's being used again, and it's nice to see Aaron continuing his plans for Hela (maybe the surprise guest star is Thanos, considering what happened on The Unworthy Thor; I wonder whatever happened to that). The possibility of Thor hooking up with Hela reminds me of the Ultimate Universe... Also, I wonder what Angela has to say about this, considering she was the one who left Balder in charge of Hel precisely to keep Hela away, and now the sucker might be marrying her. LOL

Immortal Hulk #3 - ''One Below All''......... Never change, Ewing.

Quicksilver: No Surrender #3 - That cover is so cute! I mean, if you ignore the creepy blood and all. Anyway, I'm here for some Maximoff siblings story time.

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #21 - Of course Annie would get a clone... of freaking course.

Spider-Man/Deadpool #35 & 36 - Interesting that we're getting a little bit more of backstory on Peter's biological parents... scary that it looks like they might be ruined. LOL

The Punisher #228 - I don't read this nor do I plan on doing so, but I am SO glad Tony is kicking Frank's ass for desecrating Rhodey's legacy.

Runaways #11 - Man, this.... this right here is why Runaways is awesome. I LOVE the idea behind Gert realizing that the person she used to be back in the early 00s (in real time, at least) is now pretty much a trend in this new decade. The whole ''having to digest everything she missed while she was dead'' is overall a pretty interesting storyline for her. This cover is an amazing representation of that and I can't wait to see how Rowell tackles this issue. I'm not even going to lie: this is my favorite Runaways run ever. Yes, I even like it more than BKV's and I'm so glad to know we're having at least 18 issues of this wonderful thing.

Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur #33 - WHAT EVEN IS THIS COVER LMAO

Marvel Rising: Squirrel Girl/Ms. Marvel #1 - I'm so confused over how many issues exactly we're getting of this Marvel Rising initiative, but the creative team is awesome, so keep it coming, I guess?

X Classified #1 - ??????

Astonishing X-Men #13 - YASSSSS DAZZLER! I'm digging her new look.

X-Men Blue #31 & 32 - That new roster lasted a lot less longer than I thought it would. Anyway, are we getting an 180 here, with Emma going good and Magneto going bad? Not that I would complain about that.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-17-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    My order form will consist of:
    TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR 1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR VS. DOCTOR DOOM 1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR – THE COMING OF GALACTUS 1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR – THE WEDDING OF REED & SUE 1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR – HULK VS. THING 1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR – GALACTUS HUNGERS 1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR – THE COMING OF H.E.R.B.I.E. 1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR BY JOHN BYRNE 1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR – WHAT IF? 1
    It's been a long time since I have ordered this many comics from Marvel.
    Since they're only a dollar, I think I'll get these too. It will be nice to see that Hulk vs Thing cover in print again.

I noticed there's a new Fantastic Four Masterworks coming out that includes Byrne's issues where he was the artist and hasn't started his Fantastic Four run yet.

It's too bad Marvel shut down their prints section of the store where you could pick certain covers and have them sent to you as a frameable print. I'd like one of Fantastic Four Annuals#2 and #3

Spectacular Member

Infinity Countdown #5
    Infinity Countdown: Champions #2
    Infinity Countdown: Darkhawk #4
    Inifinity Wars Prime #1
    Immortal Hulk #2 & #3
    Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #307 (caps off Zdarsky's first year, I'm enjoying this series, but I might drop after this since it's kinda least priority for me)
    Black Panther #3
    Moon Knight #197
    Exiles #5
    Astonishing X-Men #13 (was hoping to drop this but Rosenberg kept me in, sorry wallet)
    Old Man Logan #43 & #44 (think they're trying to end this at #50?)
    Domino #4

Still considering Cosmic Ghost Rider, Death of the Inhumans and Multiple Man. Will likely be pulling at least one of them.

I'll be trade waiting Avengers, Captain America, Thor, Venom, Sentry and some of the mini's in addition to what I'm already trade-waiting. Need to save money and make my backlog more manageable.
    Last edited by nickytesla96; 04-17-2018 at 01:26 PM.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

BANNED

Immortal Hulk #2 and #3
    Amazing Spider-Man #1 and #2
    Cosmic Ghost Rider #1
    Death of the Inhumans #1
    Venom #4
    Marvel Two-in-One #8
    Sentry #2
    X-Men Red #6
    Weapon H #5

Avengers #4 and #5 (maybe!)

And that's it!

Mighty Member

Not sure why re-naming a character or title (whichever) "X-23" is reason to drop an otherwise good book.

Not much is likely to change with my pull-file. I am keeping "the Punisher". I am giving "X-Men Red" another issue or two.

(X-Men titles have some premise-level problems that I cannot just read around, as much as I like Taylor.) "Exiles" has my attention, if not a spot in my file. I am planning to give "the Sentry", "Avengers" and "Iron Man" a shot.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Captain America #1 - Interested to see the Secret Empire ramifications
    Amazing Spider-Man #1,2 - Gonna miss Slott on the title but I think Chip will do nicely
    Death of the Inhuman #1 - Carrion looks sick and reminds me of Earth X Black Bolt
    Avengers #4,5 - Big cosmic enemies, huge scaling story 10,000,000 years in the making and (She-)Hulk is wearing a tank top and ripped pants, kinda kills the theme doncha think?
    Immortal Hulk #2,3 - Excited to learn about the One Below All, are they the weakest one there is?
    Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #21 - Clones, alright.
    Marvel Two-In-One #8 - Fantastic series
    Daredevil #605 - DD on horseback fighting the Hand is something I never knew I wanted to see
    Exiles #5 - Really liked the first issue
    X-Men Blue #31,32 - Yay for Emma back on the hero side
    The Thing & Human Torch by Dan Slott TPB - Heard great things about both series can hardly wait to read through it all

Maybe:
    Darkhark Mech looks super cool but not sure if its enough to warrant a purchase
    Marvel Rising: Ms. Marvel & Squirrel Girl - looks fun

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

moon knight #197 by bemis

not liking the direction, this month. I'm not a space/cosmic guy. demons don't really do it for me, either.

Mighty Member

Best news for me is Marvel FINALLY publishing a Complete Collection of Hickman's FF run. Long overdue. Super excited.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- Looks like Coates' Captain America will finally be dealing directly with Secret Empire fallout.

- I'm not sure how I feel about Stohl getting to do a "Secret Origin" for Carol, but I guess they want a "Carol Danvers Year One" type story out in time for the movie. Will they write her as a 90's kid?

- Inhumans vs. Kree sounds like the best Inhumans story they could give the property right now (and would hearken back to War of Kings). I'm guessing the Carrion is the Kree vanguard.

- So we've got Nakia in two different books (and the return of M'Baku)...she's Malice in one, but I wonder if she'll be movie synergized in the Black Panther solo? Although it's really ironic that they go with "Panther’s one true love, Storm of the X-Men" in a solicit with her in it...

- I'm guessing whatever the Champions are reeling from involve Thanos and Sam.

- Darkhawk goes Mecha?

- Those Carol Danvers variants make me kinda miss the old versions of Carol.

- So Hela is going to marry either Thor or Balder? Wasn't she in love with Tyr or hooking up with Thanos?

- Judging by those Iron Man solicits, it sounds like Rhodey is finally back in some form. I wonder if "Sunset Bain" is a woman?

- I'm interested to see how Saladin handles Pietro and Wanda's relationship, given in the past writers have emphasized it's more negative aspects.

- "Mayor Daredevil." Well, I guess if Fisk as mayor wasn't a jump-the-shark moment...

- I guess Natasha being alive didn't take too long to get out there now that she's back on a Most Wanted list with the Punisher...

- I hope Tony cleans Castle's clock.

- Doreen behind bars with Kraven? Sounds fun .

- It's nice to hear Kamala and Bruno will finally be rebuilding their friendship, although it's kind of weird that they're only trying to learn more about her powers now.

I guess if it's any consolation, this seems to all be taking place in one day so she might just be stuck in the outfit she was wearing when the big conflict that unites the new Avengers team goes down.

Although it is kind of sad that the outfit She-Hulk keeps getting promoted in with this team is just tattered clothes .
    I'm actually looking forward to Coates's Captain America, especially given that it seems Marvel's finally ready to more seriously tackle the fallout from Secret Empire.

Yes, Sunset Bain is a woman and she's a character from the older comics. From what I recall, she and Tony were lovers in college, a relationship that she exploited to build up her own corporate empire with ideas stolen from him. However, she debuted in an issue of Machine Man, and her backstory was only explored about twenty years later in the Iron Man comics, which revealed her past with Tony Stark.

Mayor Fisk was good for upping the stakes for Daredevil and the rest of the street-level heroes/vigilantes, because it elevated Fisk to a position where he was not only virtually untouchable by the law, he literally was the law, meaning DD and company couldn't rely on alliances with legitimate law enforcement to bring him down like they might have in the past. That said, with Deputy Mayor Murdock now Mayor Murdock . . . hmm, a mayor who is also a vigilante . . . where have I seen that before?

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Not sure why re-naming a character or title (whichever) "X-23" is reason to drop an otherwise good book.

Not much is likely to change with my pull-file. I am keeping "the Punisher". I am giving "X-Men Red" another issue or two.

(X-Men titles have some premise-level problems that I cannot just read around, as much as I like Taylor.) "Exiles" has my attention, if not a spot in my file. I am planning to give "the Sentry", "Avengers" and "Iron Man" a shot.
    Mostly because it's been established that "X-23" was the designation of a weapon, clearly meant and explicitly intended to dehumanize the person who was tagged with said designation. It represents everything Laura Kinney has been trying to get away from, so her going back to it is at the very least a mixed bag.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

My thoughts:

Definitely:
    Death of the Inhumans 1 - That villain looks like a Raptor.
    X-Men Grand Design 1 & 2 - Didn't realize this was coming back. Going to be an expensive month.
    Daredevil 605 - Glad to see Fisk hasn't been forgotten in all this.
    Black Panther 3 - Did you hear there was a Black Panther movie? I'm going out on a limb and say that Marvel comics have. Also, it's clear how much Coates loves Claremont.

Probably:
    The Life of Captain Marvel 1
    New Mutants: Dead Souls 5

Maybe:
    Captain America 1 - Definitely intrigured, at a minimum. I'll see how I feel after the FCBD issue. Who did that black and white cover? That's the one I like.
    Marvel 2inOne 8 - I like this series, but I feel I've been transitioning away from it, particularly with the FF coming back.
    Marvel Rising: Squirrel Girl/Ms. Marvel - This looks fun, but this is an expensive month.

Possible trade pickups:
    Cloak and Dagger: Predator and Prey - Didn't realize there was more old-school Cloak and Dagger.
    Daredevil EC: Root of Evil - Hooray for one of the worst Daredevil eras of all time. Looking forward to it!

Other thoughts: Immortal Hulk has some very cool covers. I'll also say Black Panther and Punisher's look pretty good too. Moon Girl might be curing herself of Terrigenesis. I'll let someone else talk about the X-Classified book. I'm glad to see another book appealing to younger viewers with Ms. Marvel and the Teleporting Dog, but this would not be a month to check this out. The last two months have been pretty light on books so I might have gotten it then.

Where the hell has Brute Force been all my life?!!!
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I'll be getting:
    Cosmic Ghost Rider: #1
    Hunt for Wolverine: Adamantium Agenda: #3
    Avengers #4 and #5
    Tony Stark: Iron Man #2
    Avengers: Back To Basics MPGN TPB
    True Believers: Fantastic Four By Walter Simonson #1
    Black Panther #3
    Doctor Strange #3
    The Punisher #227 and #228(My 2 all time favorite characters are going to fight for the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Old Man Logan #43
    Domino #4
    Star Wars Poe Dameron: #29
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 04-24-2018 at 07:53 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Not too excited about anything this month. My Marvel list is dwindling fast anymore. But

Definitely:
    Marvel 2-In-One #8 is the only book I'm looking forward to

Probably:
    X-23 #1 & 2 to see how Tomaki handles Laura
    The Life of Captain Marvel #1 to see if Stohl works better on a personal story
    The Hunt for Wolverine: Adamantium Agenda #3 for creative team
    The Hunt for Wolverine: Mystery in Madripoor #3 for cast

Reluctantly:
    X-Men: Gold #31-32 for Kitty

Possibly:
    Captain America #1 depending on supporting cast
    The Punisher #227 for Natasha's guest appearance
    X Classified #1 depending on just what it is
    Last edited by klynn; 04-17-2018 at 02:51 PM.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Light month for me.

My only definite buys:

Scarlet Spider
    Spider-Gwen
    Runaways
    Multiple Man

-Pav, who wants that Midnight Sons ongoing, Marvel...!!!
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Light month for me.

My only definite buys:

Scarlet Spider
    Spider-Gwen
    Runaways
    Multiple Man

-Pav, who wants that Midnight Sons ongoing, Marvel...!!!
    Right there with you, though I'm especially riding on Ben Reilly being on that team.
    The spider is always on the hunt.