Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Still looking out for members of the No Surrender cast. I expected a few members of this era of Avengers to take a bow, but why bring back Lightning and change Hawkeye's costume if they have nowhere to go?

I think stretching out this Infinity Wars event with Infinity Countdown is a little weird, but I guess it's still preferable to a gigantic linewide crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Maybe:
    Captain America 1 - Definitely intrigured, at a minimum. I'll see how I feel after the FCBD issue. Who did that black and white cover? That's the one I like.
    David Mack did that! I think it's supposed to be in the style of the end credits sequence that he designed for Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Is there an alternate link?
    The use of full images instead of thumbnails is taking forever to load and scroll through.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Is there an alternate link?
    The use of full images instead of thumbnails is taking forever to load and scroll through.
    https://www.newsarama.com/39545-marv...citations.html
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

All the comics I am getting look good this month. It appears that they are finally bridging the gap between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back in the Star Wars comic and I am so glad.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Thanks!
    Much appreciated.

For me:

Cloak & Dagger: Predator and Prey
    Defenders Epic: New Defenders
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 04-17-2018 at 04:33 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:
    - I'm not sure how I feel about Stohl getting to do a "Secret Origin" for Carol, but I guess they want a "Carol Danvers Year One" type story out in time for the movie. Will they write her as a 90's kid?
    For those not a fan of her work (I liked the first arc, but didn't read it with the Secret Empire stuff yet), I've gotten the impression that Joe Quesada is fairly significantly involved in an uncredited role. Maybe it could tighten up her writing.

I'm not sure it's actually being released with the movie. The story is July-November. I guess the trade will be on the shelves in March, but you'd think the trade would actually hit the shelves in December or January.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. I've said this recently, but I've thought before how I would retell Carol's origin to keep all the stuff we've read the same while adding to her agency (I think KSD made an interesting stab but I don't quite think it accomplished it, although I like that story a lot). I'm hoping this is the same way - please don't retcon away the stuff that happened, but there's nothing wrong with adding to it.

- Inhumans vs. Kree sounds like the best Inhumans story they could give the property right now (and would hearken back to War of Kings). I'm guessing the Carrion is the Kree vanguard.
    He looks an awful lot like a Raptor, fwiw.

ETA: One more thought. I think I might end up skipping Infinity Wars, which sucks because I loved Duggan's writing on GOTG, but July looks ridiculously expensive for me.
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 04-17-2018 at 04:19 PM.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Mighty Member

Marvel finally gets a new book on my pull, with Coates' Captain America finally launching. I've also decided to pick up Immortal Hulk, just because I dig Ewing and it's worth trying a few issues. He has yet to let me down.

So:

Cap America
    Immortal Hulk
    Black Panther
    Daredevil
    Scarlet Spider
    Runaways

Ctrl+F "Songbird", no hits
    Ctrl+F "Thunderbolts", one hit in a non-canon book

So nothing worth of note to be released.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

I'll be getting the Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows and X-23 single issues and the Spider-Girl Complete Collection trade. I'm trade-waiting on all the Star Wars and X-Men: Red stuff.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Thoughts...

• Old Man Logan is basically a double-shipper now. No complaints here, as it's one of my favourite books, but it would be nice if Marvel could give a proper heads-up when they're going to switch to double-shipping.
    • Renew Your Vows continues to surprise with the path it's taking. Conway's run was good, but felt very safe. Houser is taking it in much stranger directions, and the book is greatly benefitting from it. It's honestly the only Marvel book where it feels like anything could happen (partly because it's Alt Universe - there's a lesson there).
    • Still no Miles? Bummer.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Old Man Logan is basically a double-shipper now. No complaints here, as it's one of my favourite books, but it would be nice if Marvel could give a proper heads-up when they're going to switch to double-shipping.
    Yeah, the uncertainty bothers me more than anything else. I would probably buy more books if I knew how often they were coming out and could plan accordingly. Daredevil seemed to have that problem for awhile.

Still no Miles? Bummer.
    Not a shocker. There's also no Jessica Jones yet. I think they're going to relaunch in September or October if I had to guess.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Spectacular Member

Curious on whether they plan to end Old Man Logan or maybe bring him back to the Wastelands universe and make it an Elseworlds book.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

All-New Member

Definitely getting:

Amazing Spider-Man

Avengers
    Cable
    Captain America
    Cosmic Ghost Rider
    Death of the Inhumans
    Immortal Hulk
    Sentry
    Venom
    Last edited by Darkfire360; 04-17-2018 at 06:46 PM.

Spectacular Member

Not a shocker. There's also no Jessica Jones yet. I think they're going to relaunch in September or October if I had to guess.
    Probably trynna get as close to the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse movie release as possible for that sweet synergistic promotion.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

For those not a fan of her work (I liked the first arc, but didn't read it with the Secret Empire stuff yet), I've gotten the impression that Joe Quesada is fairly significantly involved in an uncredited role. Maybe it could tighten up her writing.
    Joe Quesada helping with the writing does not instill any more confidence .