Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

IMMORTAL HULK #2-3
    Death Of Inhumans

Maybe:
    Cosmic Ghost Rider
    Infinity Countdown #5
    Infinity War Prime
    Infinity Countdown: Darkhawk #4

Though the cosmic books are my favorite, I am really not that excited about any of them.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Joe Quesada helping with the writing does not instill any more confidence .
    I'm not a fan of his writing either when it comes to the contents of it, but I could see him helping a bit more with the nuts and bolts aspect.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

So in July there are quite many comic books i am looking forward from Marvel.

Will be getting for sure:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 & #2.
    X-MEN: GRAND DESIGN – SECOND GENESIS #1 (of 2)
    AVENGERS #4,5.
    IMMORTAL HULK #2,3.
    TONY STARK: IRON MAN #2
    VENOM #4
    SENTRY #2
    DOCTOR STRANGE #3
    DOMINO #4

Trade Waiting:
    PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #307
    MARVEL 2-IN-ONE #8
    OLD MAN LOGAN #43,44.

TPBīs i will be getting:

S.H.I.E.L.D. BY HICKMAN & WEAVER: THE HUMAN MACHINE HC
    PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN VOL. 3 – AMAZING FANTASY TPB
    THE THING & THE HUMAN TORCH BY DAN SLOTT TPB
    MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE EPIC COLLECTION: CRY MONSTER TPB

Still in doubt if i wil be getting these (Will depend of previous issues,reviews,previews)

BLACK PANTHER #3
    WEAPON H #5
    DEADPOOL: ASSASSIN #3,4.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    IMMORTAL HULK #2-3
    Death Of Inhumans

Maybe:
    Cosmic Ghost Rider
    Infinity Countdown #5
    Infinity War Prime
    Infinity Countdown: Darkhawk #4

Though the cosmic books are my favorite, I am really not that excited about any of them.
    I totally agree, I love Thanos as a character but he has been there with the Infinity Stones/Gems over and over and over again.
    I am excited about the upcoming movie but in comic format it is old and has grown tiresome as has any storyarc featuring the infinity gems/stones.
    Surely these writers can be more creative than what we are seeing ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Getting too much, but most stoked for:
    Ant-Man and the Wasp
    Avengers
    Captain America
    Immortal Hulk
    Domino
    Exiles
    Daredevil
    Punisher
    Infinity Countdown
    Infinity Wars
    New Mutants: Dead Souls
    Spider-Gwen
    Old Man Hawkeye
    Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man
    Thor
    Life of Captain Marvel
    Infinity Wars Prime
    X-23
    Marvel Two-In-One
    Old Man Logan
    X-Men: Grand Design - Second Genesis
    Sentry
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Right now, just Old Man Hawkeye 7.

Some other titles looked fun, but that's it so far.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm not a fan of his writing either when it comes to the contents of it, but I could see him helping a bit more with the nuts and bolts aspect.
    Carol really NEEDS her own "One More Day" story

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Small month, though there are some good trades I've been waiting on.

Definitely:
    CAPTAIN AMERICA #1 - I trust Coates, and he can't be worse than Spencer or as forgettable as Waid's run has been.
    OLD MAN HAWKEYE #7 (of 12) - Has been really good, though it's kinda losing focus which may or may not be intentional. Still, good character work with Clint, even if nothing so far has surpassed that amazing first issue.

S.H.I.E.L.D. BY HICKMAN & WEAVER: THE HUMAN MACHINE HC - First series basically just didn't conclude, so I'm hoping it ends on a strong note. Not sure if it will still have ties to Hickman's other Marvel work, both in terms of continuity and themes. Also, as someone who only fairly recently got the first series' OHC, I'm glad Marvel are actually releasing this in this form and not just an oversized trade or OHC with both this AND the first series by Hickman.
    SILVER SURFER BY SLOTT & ALLRED OMNIBUS HC - **** YES! Finally! It didn't even take long, but I was so sure this run was getting an omnibus that I didn't buy a single trade even though I LOVE this run. Also, perfect art (even if it's interior) for this omnibus. It represents it so well.
    BLACK PANTHER VOL. 2: AVENGERS OF THE NEW WORLD HC - YES!!! Finally! A Nation Under Our Feat was great, and it definitely read better when binged in one big go, so I'm hoping Avengers of the New World is the same.
    RISE OF THE BLACK PANTHER TPB - I've heard good things about this from, like, one person. But hey, I'm reading everything that's part of Coates' Black Panther run, so why not?
    X-MEN ORIGINS: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION TPB - Oh hey, I remember wanting to get the hardcovers way back when I first back got into comics.

Maybe:
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 & #2 - Probably would've been more excited for this before his Cap run. Hopefully he at least reigns in his dialogue, because... ugh. Spencer loves to spam dialogue everywhere, and it doesn't even read easy like Bendis or leave a strong impression like Hickman. Also, boo, Aunt May's not dead. And MJ's not on the covers. Oh no...
    X-23 #1 & #2 - Might trade-wait it. I think Laura was pretty stagnant as a character until All-New Wolverine, which kinda just re-wrote most of her personality, but Mariko Tamaki's a good writer and I LOVED Supergirl: Being Super.
    AVENGERS #4 - Probably gets an arc, even though I'm not a fan of McGuinness on dramatic series.
    AVENGERS #5 - Oh... the team ONLY assembles here? Oh jeez.
    THOR #3 - Depending on the first issue, since I'm just not a fan of Mike del Mundo's art.
    TONY STARK: IRON MAN #2 - Not really an Iron Man fan, but I wanna read this because Slott. Also, guess Rhodey is back. Huh. Also, "Sunset Bain"... so... over-the-top Japanese supervillain? Or is that name UNintentionally awkward.
    MULTIPLE MAN #2 (of 5) - Depending on the first issue, and I might just trade-wait it.
    X-MEN RED #6 - Was gonna give it an arc, but I don't know how many issues the first arc is gonna be, and, really, the first issue was one of the strongest and I've been let down since.
    DOMINO #4 - Still on the fence about this and whether or not to trade-wait it.\

MARVEL KNIGHTS BY JOE QUESADA OMNIBUS HC - So basically the Daredevil omnibus for before Bendis' run, gotcha. Don't think anyone cares about the stuff between this and Bendis.
    CABLE: SOLDIER X HC - What is this? Was it good? Like, I'm curious, since it's getting an expensive OHC (that's basically an omnibus), and I doubt Marvel are only doing that because of Deadpool 2 (a big trade maybe, but not an OHC).
    OLD MAN HAWKEYE VOL. 1: AN EYE FOR AN EYE TPB - Guess this is being split into two trades for some reason. I really like the series so far, but I might wait it out for an OHC, which I think this series will probably get (it definitely deserves it (so far)).
    MARVEL LEGACY TPB - Um... I don't even know what the things aside from the Legacy one-shot are. Also, really with that IGN tag, like, right there under the title? But yeah, the one-shot was... meh, but I might want it in a form that I can put on a shelf.
    ASTONISHING X-MEN BY CHARLES SOULE VOL. 2: A MAN CALLED X TPB - First arc was meh, what I read of this one was also meh, and I guess Soule is gonna finish his X-stuff with Hunt for Wolverine. Just... man, this was so forgettable. Though I guess at least we got Xavier back? Even though I didn't really care? Other than that, this run just really liked avoiding X-tropes and cliches in really boring ways that lacked any warmth.
    HULK BY MARK WAID & GERRY DUGGAN: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION TPB - Kinda wanna give Waid's Hulk run another go. At the time, I think I found it really average, but that was when I was just getting into comics, so... yeah. Wanna reevaluate it.
    SPIDER-GIRL: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 1 TPB - I've heard decent things about Spider-Girl, and I kinda wanna give it a shot. Like Renew Your Vows, it's more of where I want Peter to be.
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 04-22-2018 at 05:43 AM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Random thoughts:

Okay, Cosmic Ghost Rider sounds like stupid fun, just based on the premise of the character. Though I can just picture Frank not being amused with the chains and spikes.

So... Wakanda Forever is gonna be with a bunch of different characters, I guess. I'm down with that.

Um... Darkhawk... the fucking ****?! My inner 12-year-old is digging that cover!

Infinity Wars... ugh. Yeah, pluralising! Yay! Also, it's months late to fully cash-in on the Infinity War movie, so... good job there, Marvel. Yeah, I know the comics division doesn't really talk to the movie division anymore, but they bothered to do the countdown crap and have it be MIDWAY DONE by the time the movie was supposed to come out, so... yeah.

Wow, Carol's hair on that Avengers #4 cover... is that **** regulation, yo?

Okay, seeing a guy called MAN-THING holding the teenage Viv like that.... ewewewewewewewew.

That Quicksilver solicitation... "Witness a deep dive into one of the most powerful and tumultuous relationships in the Marvel Universe!" Um... are they that close? that just conjures up images of their Ultimate versions to me. Or is that a lowkey reference to Magneto being their dad, which I'm still surprised hasn't been brought back yet?

I get what that Spider-Gwen cover is going for, homaging the Edge of Spider-Verse #2 cover while showing Gwen without her mask because of its own story, but... eh. It just doesn't look right. The Gwen in the foreground is just... there. Didn't put on a mask or anything, she's just crouching.

Is that supposed to be Eddie on tat Venom #4 cover? I thought it was Sabretooth at first.

Oh man, that clone (?) Annie costume is... yeah, I can appreciate Annie's current costume even more now (is she still called Spiderling?).

Oh hey, we're allowed to acknowledge the Fantastic Four properly now. I wonder why.

I find most of the Carol Danvers covers to be meh, but that Lupacchino one is nice. Also, I guess she goes by Ema now.

Was ANYONE waiting to see Frank fight Tony? Also, still weird to me that this is the direction The Punisher took after the Netflix series.

God, pink dreads guy on that Runaways cover... either Anka is drawing it wrong, or it really looks that weird and like a tentacle monster is eating your head. Also, that's seriously gonna be a part of the issue? I guess... okay?

Didn't realise that the new Wasp wears wedges. Um... why? I mean, she flies everywhere, but... why? Her costume was designed in the 2010s too...

No clue what X Classified is, but um... maybe Cyclops related? Because it'd be nice to have Jean, Logan ANd Scott all back as a sort of return to form (before the inevitable new Uncanny ongoing). I mean, they're also releasing that Cyclops and Phoenix wedding omnibus...

Wanted to read Exiles, but the art just didn't do it for me, and Blink's new look is kinda bleh. Oh, but I wouldn't put it past Marvel to kill BLINK off first.

Wow. Astonishing was pushed in a fairly big way and had this roster of rotating, liked artists... and now it's just another X-book, and has Greg Land. Yeah, the new Uncanny ongoing can't come soon enough. Or at least a creative team shakeup.

That Cable cover looks great and makes me realise how much I miss Scott and Jean being together. Also, not used to seeing such clean lines from Johnson, though I only know him from Extremity.

Unless it's a story from the past, wouldn't it be cool if Magik just ASKED Strange for whatever it is they probably only need to borrow?

Jimmy Hudson now looks com,pletely generic, to the point that I wasn't even sure if that was him on that X-Men: Blue cover.

Holy ****, Lady Deathstrike on that Weapon X cover.... um... that hair. That makeup. Although Sabretooth is getting some good poses in modeling those jeans.

That Doctor Aphra cover... Asian woman (well, she's drawn to look Asian a lot, at least) has tentacles around her and is sweating hard... Marvel... why.

Just realised, looking at that Champions vol. 3 cover... they never DID end up getting a big roster shakeup, did they?

Okay, with Matt being back in his red suit for a while now, it's just kinda weird that Soule's Daredevil trades still have that "Back in Black" subtitle. I get it, it can also refer to the tone, but... yeah. Just at a glance, kinda awkward.

I completely forgot that T'Challa and Storm's kid from the future stayed behind. Also, man, Polaris needs to be in better comics.

Brute Force trade... okay then!

God, I forgot how unfinished and 90s Larry Stroman's art is. Even if Dagger's outfit didn't lend itself to a lack of detail, I get the feeling her feet would still look like that.

No clue what's in that Daredevil Epic Collection, but that cover's awesome. Like, a creepier Ikari, basically. No clue who that is, though. I doubt it's Matt.

Oh hey, Fantastic Four trades! I wonder why Marvel are suddenly keen on releasing these! Also, Heroes Reborn? Really? Also also, YOU CAN'T TEMPT ME, MARVEL! I've waited this long for a reprint of the Hickman Fantastic Four omnibus, I can keep waiting!
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 04-22-2018 at 08:37 PM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Um... Darkhawk... the fucking ****?! My inner 12-year-old is digging that cover!
    I haven't read Infinity Countdown yet, but I did just finish Duggan's Guardians of the Galaxy. Darkhawk makes a ton of sense given the villains of that book.

Infinity Wars... ugh. Yeah, pluralising! Yay! Also, it's months late to fully cash-in on the Infinity War movie, so... good job there, Marvel. Yeah, I know the comics division doesn't really talk to the movie division anymore, but they bothered to do the countdown crap and have it be MIDWAY DONE by the time the movie was supposed to come out, so... yeah.
    Well, Infinity Countdown is still a book with Infinity in the name dealing with the Infinity Stones in time for the movie. Not that the general audience goes to comic book stores in response to movies anyway. If anything, they should have finished the entire event months ago and had a trade out in time for the movie.

They do have the Silver Surfer Epic Collection that involves his encounters with Thanos followed by Thanos Quest in there, which is probably what I would point to (plus Infinity Gauntlet) for those who want to read the story that inspired the movie.

Okay, with Matt being back in his red suit for a while now, it's just kinda weird that Soule's Daredevil trades still have that "Back in Black" subtitle. I get it, it can also refer to the tone, but... yeah. Just at a glance, kinda awkward.
    Have they released a trade since Legacy?

No clue what's in that Daredevil Epic Collection, but that cover's awesome. Like, a creepier Ikari, basically. No clue who that is, though. I doubt it's Matt.
    I haven't gotten to that era yet, but I remember things being very complicated. It might be Matt in his old costume. I seem to recall there being someone dressed in each Daredevil costume or something like that.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Well, Infinity Countdown is still a book with Infinity in the name dealing with the Infinity Stones in time for the movie. Not that the general audience goes to comic book stores in response to movies anyway. If anything, they should have finished the entire event months ago and had a trade out in time for the movie.

Have they released a trade since Legacy?
    Oh yeah, Infinity Countdown could fill that niche, but it's a lead-in to another story, so it's a bit weird like that. And yeah, they should've at least had the Infinity Countdown stuff in trade before the movie. However, as someone whp knows people who aren't into comics very much but ARE into MCU movies, there are those who will check out comics after a movie. Some will visit stores, but probably more likely, they'll look around Comixology. So if all they're finding is a countdown thing that really telegraphs that it's not the main story and Starlin's Infinity trilogy -- which has what mainstream people would consider "outdated" art -- they're gonna be a bit disappointed.

Also, the solicited trade is a Legacy one and retains the "Back in Black" subtitle.

Regular pulls:

That Doctor Aphra cover... Asian woman (well, she's drawn to look Asian a lot, at least) has tentacles around her and is sweating hard... Marvel... why.
    Yeah, Aphra is Asian (or whatever the analog would be for humans of the GFFA). Kinda hard to say how real life ethnicities fit, but then again, it's a bit of suspension of disbelief that humans exist in another galaxy set eons before our time and sliver of the Universe, so who cares really?

As far as the tentacles go, I think that's a bor gullet (the mind-reading animal Saw Gerreura had in Rogue One) and given Aphra's tendencies for getting in over her head, it's not really that out of place. (I'd also point out that she's been an extremely well-rounded character, so I think that the cause of well-written diversity will remain intact here.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Jimmy Hudson now looks com,pletely generic, to the point that I wasn't even sure if that was him on that X-Men: Blue cover.
    Where do you see Jimmy on the X-Men Blue cover? I only see the O5

BANNED

Thor #3
    Marvel 2-In-One #8
    The Punisher #227-228
    Darth Vader #18

Maybe:

Avengers #4-5
    Venom #4