Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I totally am. I want the universe and characters to flourish but it's just a hot mess right now. DC has so many great characters and stories that I want to see adapted, characters to interact with one another. WB/DC doesnt put the same type of care into their film-verse as Marvel/Disney does, they just want to make a quick buck.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Batman in reference to the Snydervers, not Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy.

Wonder Woman is debatable
    Eh, I don't need it to build a universe. Good Batman movie beats the need to connect to the next movie.

And debatable? Wonder Woman was awesome!

No. I am not jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I agree... and regardless, it's one of the most critically acclaimed comic book movies of all time, so it certainly matches up to the MCU (and I would argue generally surpasses it) in that regard.

In response to the recent poster who hadn't seen Aquaman, it uses more of the cheesy, jokey Marvel formula than the other DC films, but it's grown on me a lot, especially given the history of the character.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Eh, I don't need it to build a universe. Good Batman movie beats the need to connect to the next movie.

I'm answering the OP; if we are going to have a cinematic universe I want it to be like the MCU and not what he have.

DC fans have every right to be jealous and upset. DC should be EMBARRASSED at the state of the DCEU/live action universe.

Extraordinary Member

As far as the comics are concerned, I'm a fan of both. In re to the movies, I'm glad DC has finally made a turnaround since cutting Snyder loose (Wonder Woman and SHAZAM were fantastic), but they still have a long way to go to catch up with Marvel.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Yeah I'm definitely jealous, especially because Marvel was able to build what they have with B-list (and that's being generous) characters and all it took was patience and a respect for the source material. Each original member of the Justice League, besides Martian Manhunter, can easily anchor a film trilogy and yet here we are.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I think some are but wouldn't admitted unlike some of you guys here.

That being said, I just want great comic book movies from both sides so it's a bit sad to see the DC sides of things be quite inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I think some are but wouldn't admitted unlike some of you guys here.

That being said, I just want great comic book movies from both sides so it's a bit sad to see the DC sides of things be quite inconsistent.
    I feel like admitting it and pushing forward is definitely the way to go. I can now thoroughly enjoy what Marvel is doing while still hoping for the best with DC.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I'm answering the OP; if we are going to have a cinematic universe I want it to be like the MCU and not what he have.
    The OP asked if we fans are jealous (as if this fandom can agree on anything). Technically there's nothing in the OP to assume we have to have a shared universe.

Extraordinary Member

These things go in cycles. Back in the 80s and 90s Marvel fans envied the success of the first two Superman films and first two Batman films.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Yep. I like both universes, but most of the characters I love are at DC over Marvel.

I would be lying if I said I didn't want what Marvel has for DC, even if I don't always like the MCU. The IP brands started out as lesser than the main ones DC has and now they are thriving. They did more with much less.

But it's not as if we have nothing to be grateful for either, I think Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam and BoP were all good-great.

DC movies are starting to get it to get on track but at this point movie wise it would be better just focus on the movie being made and worrying about a shared universe later.

TV wise DC is kicking Marvel's ass seven ways from Sunday. Love it or hate the Arrowverse shows are light years ahead of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. which is the currently the only live action Marvel TV show and I keep meaning to get caught up with but I stopped watching it after season 2. The rest of their shows (so far) have all been canceled Agent Carter, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Daredevil, The Defenders, Iron Fist, The Punisher, and The Inhumans. DC have tried and succeeded with other second and third string characters and teams like The Doom Patrol, The Teen Titans, Lucifer, and Stargirl even their so called failures like Constantine being incorporated into the Arrowverse.

Movies wise Marvel has won live action TV show wise DC has won. So I call it a draw.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 06-23-2020 at 04:00 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I got asked whether I was 'jealous' of the MCU as a DC fan. I replied in the negative as I really enjoy the MCU films personally. After a chat I did have to concede that I did wish that DC were closer to Marvel on the movie side of things though.

The OP asked if we fans are jealous (as if this fandom can agree on anything). Technically there's nothing in the OP to assume we have to have a shared universe.
    MCU = Shared Universe

DCEU = Shared Universe

Stop being obtuse.