Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    To me, it's not so much jealousy as it is disappointment.

DC has had a long track record of rebooting Batman or Superman over and over, and rarely ever giving other heroes a shot.

Meanwhile, Marvel made hits out of Guardians of the Galaxy and Dr. Strange, showing that it can be done.
    Which is exactly why I want Shazam and Aquaman to be successful.

Invincible Member

What's funny is that a little over ten years ago, the opposite view was the consensus among the fans...that DC had the better showing in other media (movies, TV, animated features).

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    What's funny is that a little over ten years ago, the opposite view was the consensus among the fans...that DC had the better showing in other media (movies, TV, animated features).
    I think they still do in every area except movies. Which are the biggest slice of the pie, but still. DC cartoons, live action tv (other than Marvel's Netflix anyway), and video games are usually much better than Marvel's, I think.

Oh, Marvel looks like they have better toys from what I see in Target.

I think DC is doing fine, they're just not making a lot of good movies right now.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

DC had Man of Steel and Wonder Woman, I liked both. Wonder Woman falls apart completely in the last 20 minutes but it still was enjoyable.

The Nolan Batman films are tremendous, though I don't think we're counting them, right? TDKR is so good.

Only thing I don't like is DC allowing the MCU to make Cap the new Superman
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

Meh. Envy and jealousy are weak emotions. And besides i enjoy dc's films. Why would I care what everyone else thinks?
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

I mean... I'm jealous of Marvel's popularity and breadth of subject matter more than its quality or approach. I think DC movies are good. I love Justice League. I love Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. I love Man of Steel. I love the vast majority of Wonder Woman and I think there's at least a heck of a lot to like about Suicide Squad, even though I also think there were a lot of missed opportunities. I'm very excited for Aquaman, Shazam and whatever the New Gods movie turns out to be, whenever that starts to happen.

I wish there was a movie about Zatanna or Doctor Fate or something. I wish there was a movie about a lot of the weird, lesser known aspects of the DCU. Heck, I wish there was a Batman movie with Robin in it that takes hm seriously. But more than that, I wish the DC movies we have now were more popular. Then again, I guess that's easy for me to say as someone who likes them.

Marvel's popular. Some movies I get why, some I don't. But I do think DC deserves to be popular too.
    Last edited by Adekis; 04-17-2018 at 07:42 PM.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    It's crazy. Cap feels more like Superman than whatever crap we got from the DCEU.

Not really. Jealousy would be wanting Marvel to fail. But i love MCU films. I love the MCU much more then DCEU. At this point i have stopped caring for DCEU. DC fans shall get better films. And they shall be loved by people in general. If not like MCU, at least as X-Men films of Fox. I do keep an eye on Shazam and Aquaman, hoping they would succeed.

And please give a Superman film. Man of Steel earned 667 million. Not shabby for an origin film to kick start the new wave of DC films. At that point the only origin film which earned more then Man of Steel was Spider-man.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Huh?

10char
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I'm not jealous, I don't like many of ANY of the comic book movies during this craze, be it Marvel or DC. What bothers me though is the comparison effect of general audiences since DC's movieverse has been a failure and Marvel's has been a smash success. It makes the DC characters look like jokes to the general audience, and that's scary. Because while the fact is simply that for the most part the films have been very poor representations that do not do credit to the world of DC Comics, my fear is that to the general audience they won't even realize they are bad representations of really good ideas, rather just assume the characters themselves are terrible.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-17-2018 at 11:58 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I am a little if I'm being honest.
    As much as I get a kick out of the Marvel movies (and have pretty much loved all of 'em) as a DC guy, I would LOVE to see the DC cinematic universe do as well.
    Imagine a DC version of Infinity War!!!

A Justice League Unlimited made real versus Darkseid, Desaad, Granny Goodness and the Furies.

*sigh*
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    What bothers me though is the comparison effect of general audiences since DC's movieverse has been a failure and Marvel's has been a smash success. It makes the DC characters look like jokes to the general audience, and that's scary. Because while the fact is simply that for the most part the films have been very poor representations that do not do credit to the world of DC Comics, my fear is that to the general audience they won't even realize they are bad representations of really good ideas, rather just assume the characters themselves are terrible. That's scary.
    Sacred Knight said it all.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Last edited by Buried Alien; 04-17-2018 at 10:52 PM.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Mighty Member

I am not jealous of marvel because I don't enjoy most MCU movies or the universe but I am disappointed in DC. They make really big mistakes that could have been easily fixed for no reason but being careless. I've seen people on here come up with better ideas than they have and they are all professionals. I'm losing interest in the DCEU because of the direction it's going in now so even if they end up with good movies(and shows) because it will be about characters I'm not a fan of instead of Batman or Superman we get Batgirl, Harley Quinn, or Lois Lane (with Metropolis). I dont want to see Aquaman or the Flash either at this point with how JL turned out.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 04-18-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    The Nolan Batman films are tremendous, though I don't think we're counting them, right? TDKR is so good.
    In terms of what it seems like is being considered? That's how it feels. Set those films(along with things like the Norton "Hulk" film) aside to think strictly in "Universe" vs. "Universe" terms

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    If we're talking Netflix shows, yeah. Those are quite good. DAREDEVIL is tops, man. PUNISHER was rad. LUKE CAGE was cool as hell.
    Honestly?

Forget the "Netflix" family of shows. The real shame is to see Legion on FX and know that the DC IP isn't seemingly even considering anything like that.

It's not so much "Envy"/"Jealousy" as it is wasted potential. Seemingly because there just isn't the vision there.

Could be that I'm wrong on that last point. As of right now, I don't feel like I am.