Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Maybe at how well they have been handled. WB looks like a bunch of baffoons. Handing the keys over to Snyder was a big mistake.
    I would've threw him away after MoS.

Astonishing Member

I'm a fan of both DC and Marvel, but I'm very disappointed in the way WB is handling the DCEU. Seems to me they are lacking leadership and focus. Too scattershot, no direction. They don't know what to concentrate on. Instead they are giving a lot of lip service and planning to direct every single IP instead of concentrating on a few to see what happens.

For example Harley Quinn. It's reported she has 4 potential projects on the go. Her solo movie, SS2, Joker and Harley Quinn, and Gotham Sirens. Too much Harley.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    In terms of what it seems like is being considered? That's how it feels. Set those films(along with things like the Norton "Hulk" film) aside to think strictly in "Universe" vs. "Universe" terms

Honestly?

Forget the "Netflix" family of shows. The real shame is to see Legion on FX and know that the DC IP isn't seemingly even considering anything like that.

It's not so much "Envy"/"Jealousy" as it is wasted potential. Seemingly because there just isn't the vision there.

Could be that I'm wrong on that last point. As of right now, I don't feel like I am.
    I have not seen Legion but have heard great things. FX is dope and takes real narrative and creative chances with their programming. I'll get around to watching Legion at some point when I have time.

It is really sad that there is nothing like that from DC. Especially because they just have so, so much great material to draw from. Instead we just get the CW junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I have not seen Legion but have heard great things. FX is dope and takes real narrative and creative chances with their programming. I'll get around to watching Legion at some point when I have time.

It is really sad that there is nothing like that from DC. Especially because they just have so, so much great material to draw from. Instead we just get the CW junk.
    That "CW junk" includes Black Lightning and Legends of Tomorrow which are hardly like what you see on regular t.v. They're easily way above Legion imo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m more pissed at WB for their ineptitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    bland and boring, just like the DCEU Superman
    Fixed it
    Exactly these two things.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

In reference to the titled question, the answer is yes.

And anybody who cares about the cinematic universe who said no is lying through their teeth.

I don't have a horse in this race, I like both Marvel comics and DC Comics so I'm not gonna hype one up or downplay the other or force myself to like something b/c I'm stanning.

But Marvel has their **** together and DC doesn't or should I say Disney has their **** together and WB doesn't; it doesn't matter how you try to downplay Marvel or if you think their movies are mediocre or one and the same, the fact of the matter is, there's a plan and they're sticking to it, going at the pace they know they can keep up with.

On the other hand DC prioritized rushing over quality just to try to catch up with their competition and ride the superhero wave that media keeps saying won't last forever and all they seem to want to do is snare big name actors instead of upcoming or moderately famous actors and do movies based on characters that should be at the back of the line. The funny thing is, they have the source material, hell they own it and yet they still struggle to pull something moderately well received.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 04-18-2018 at 04:29 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

It's crazy. Cap feels more like Superman than whatever crap we got from the DCEU.
    If Superman were a hypocritical, sanctimonious glory hound who recruits terrorists and whines about "people with agendas" while covering up his own agendas, yeah I can see how MCU Cap is like Superman.

Extraordinary Member

It's crazy. Cap feels more like Superman than whatever crap we got from the DCEU.
    No kidding, right? There really isn't the least thing admirable about the DCEU's Superman at all.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    In reference to the titled question, the answer is yes.

And anybody who cares about the cinematic universe who said no is lying through their teeth.

I don't have a horse in this race, I like both Marvel comics and DC Comics so I'm not gonna hype one up or downplay the other or force myself to like something b/c I'm staning.

But Marvel has their **** together and DC doesn't or should I say Disney has their **** together and WB doesn't; it doesn't matter how you try to downplay Marvel or if you think their movies are mediocre or one and the same, the fact of the matter is, there's a plan and they're sticking to it, going at the pace they know they can keep up with.

On the other hand DC prioritized rushing over quality just to try to catch up with their competition and ride the superhero wave that media keeps saying won't last forever and all they seem to want to do is snare big name actors instead of upcoming or moderately famous actors, do movies based on characters that should be at the back of the line. The funny thing is, they have the source material, hell they own it and yet they still struggle to pull something moderately well received.
    You are quite right you know. I am sure at the back of my mind there is some jealousy. I went with the criteria that i don't want MCU to fail. That's like the most gross form of jealousy. It can be subtle too. MCU films shall not be so well received when DCEU films are not being well received. When you name the thread like this: "Are we jealous...", one automatically begins in the back foot. Who would admit that they are 'jealous'? Most honest one can be is to oneself. I am not accusing anyone. I am speaking for myself. DCEU has been a disappointment.

One thing pretty much everyone here would agree is that DCEU films shall be well received. Some would say it already is good. Others would say its bad. But the fact is DCEU has not be as well received by general audiences as MCU has. If someone is thinking differently one may as well be deluding oneself. Talking about MCU is cool. Just look at the hype for Black Panther and now IW. The only time when there was this positive conversation about DCEU films was during Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 04-18-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Well, at least this news about Spielberg on The Blackhawks sounds good.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I'm not jealous of the actual films for the most part, but everything that comes with them.

I enjoy BvS, Man of Steel, and Wonder Woman more than pretty much any Marvel film. Black Panther is the exception and I do wish Justice League had more buildup like the Avengers did.

But I'm not jealous of their style of film. The humor is excessive at times; not enough to ruin the films but enough to knock my enjoyment down a peg. I like to take superheroes seriously and I like the epic take DC had for their mythological characters.

What I am jealous of is the fact that they were able to get so many heroes on film, give so many lesser known heroes on-screen debuts, and that the public embraced them. I get tired of having to defend my honest opinions about DC films to casual superhero movie fans, and that carries over to defending DC characters in general to an extent. So I'm jealous of the fact I'm not in the majority; my taste and preferences are not embraced. I'm also jealous that the films I do enjoy still suffer from editing problems and re-shoots and clashes of vision.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    No kidding, right? There really isn't the least thing admirable about the DCEU's Superman at all.
    I find this ridiculous. Fans who make statements like this, in my view, put far more stock in Superman saying something charming than they do heroic deeds and sacrifice. He's completely selfless in the face of global controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I was in the pub the other night and got talking to a group of lads that are significantly younger than I am but am still friendly with.

To a man, they are all Marvel fans. Actually, it would be better to call them MCU fans as only one of them makes any attempt to read the comic side of things.

They know the distinction between DC and Marvel, not always a given here in the UK where 'Why isn't Batman in The Avengers?' does tend to get asked sometimes, and know me as a DC fan.

I got asked whether I was 'jealous' of the MCU as a DC fan. I replied in the negative as I really enjoy the MCU films personally. After a chat I did have to concede that I did wish that DC were closer to Marvel on the movie side of things though.

Are you envious of the MCU personally? There was all that rubbish about fans trying to sabotage Black Panther's Rotten Tomatoes rating so obviously there are people out there with a chip their shoulders about it. How representative is that of genuine DC fans though?
    I am a comic book fan. While I like DC Comics, I like Marvel Comics as well. I hope all comic book movies are good. I don't work for DC, so I don't really care if people know the difference between Marvel and DC. It's all about quality.

Sandy Hausler

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I find this ridiculous. Fans who make statements like this, in my view, put far more stock in Superman saying something charming than they do heroic deeds and sacrifice. He's completely selfless in the face of global controversy.
    Well, at least the authorities cleared the area before Bats and Supes' big throwdown as opposed to what happened last time. Just wish this had been attributed to Superman clearing the area himself as opposed to the local authorities recalling what had happened in Metropolis.

Also, why can't he do both? One doesn't necessarily contradict the other.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Well, at least the authorities cleared the area before Bats and Supes' big throwdown as opposed to what happened last time. Just wish this had been attributed to Superman clearing the area himself as opposed to the local authorities recalling what had happened in Metropolis.

How often does Superman clear an area before a fight if he does ever does it at all? At best he'll just fly away and hope that the villain is dumb enough to follow him. People seem to have a very narrow-minded view of how typical superhero fights treat collateral damage.

Ans Superman has the excuse of not being very experienced in the DCEU as opposed to MCU Steve's idiocy at the Lagos market place where he picked a fight with terrorists in a crowded area with no thought to civilains.

Also, why can't he do both? One doesn't necessarily contradict the other.
    One is a lot more important than the other.