Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

The Rebels have always had a lot of Imperial defectors. It's been that way almost as soon as there was an EU. Even Han Solo used to be an Imperial in the old EU.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Disney's kind of been using the Imperial deserter/defector angle a bit already, I think. Not just Finn, there's a lot of that going on in the current EU too.
    Yeah but I didn't mean like a defector angle. I was thinking more of an enemy mine situation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Maybe have them argue over which side was really right.
    Oh, that is easy. The side that weren't genocidal maniacs lead by a literal evil wizard was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Oh, that is easy. The side that weren't genocidal maniacs lead by a literal evil wizard was right.
    Well obviously but I meant more from the characters perspectives. Basically what we were promised in battlefront 2. They kind of botched the story with that one IMO. The whole thing with Hask should have been a big moment in the game but you get literally 2 empire missions before they go to the defector plot.
    Last edited by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE; 04-25-2018 at 08:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    So I have an idea. Don't know if it's been done before or not though. What about an Ex-imperial Officer who leaves after Endor but doesn't want to rejoin any sort of war. Then through a series of circumstances is forced to team with a Rebel officer for survival. Maybe have them argue over which side was really right.
    The novel Lost Stars is sort of what your talking about. It follows two characters that grow up together and fall in love. They both join the Empire, and start to rise up the ranks until one of them has a change of heart after seeing the true actions of what they are doing. It follows the two leads from the beginnings of the Empire until after the final battle over Jakku.

It is one of the best books to come out of the new cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The novel Lost Stars is sort of what your talking about. It follows two characters that grow up together and fall in love. They both join the Empire, and start to rise up the ranks until one of them has a change of heart after seeing the true actions of what they are doing. It follows the two leads from the beginnings of the Empire until after the final battle over Jakku.

It is one of the best books to come out of the new cannon.
    I see. I may check that out. Thanks for the tip.

It's also got a manga adaptation-I'm pretty sure the only Star Wars novel to get that done (Although some of the novels have had American comic adaptations-Splinter of the Mind's eye, the Han Solo novels, the Thrawn trilogy and the most recent Thrawn novel).

The first four films were also adapted into manga, and there was some standalone one a while back.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth