Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default All-New Wolverine 34 Preview

BANNED

So we've got the reveal for last week's cliffhanger:

Captain Marvel (with different-colored gloves!) and (an apparently ageless) Hawkeye are joining the party, and Gabby isn't the traitor the last issue appeared to be setting up. On the whole a nice bait and switch, even if I'm sure no one REALLY expected Gabby to turn Heel.

Also, Taylor gets to follow-up on Laura's guest spot in Hawkeye after all.

I don't like Kate outfit at all... Seems interisting tho.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Spectacular Member Wolvie valley's Avatar

Interesting. I like the world Taylor has written here. An absolute utopia. Her highness is setup to go out on a bang!! I like very much the future of Laura.

I also like the idea of jumping ahead in some issues even tho the character is in his prime in the current timeline but it's interesting to get issues on futuristic Laura
    Last edited by Wolvie valley; 04-20-2018 at 04:49 AM.

Alrighty. I'm going to remain POSITIVE with my commentary in THIS thread.
    Here goes.

I'm really into this notion of Kate and Laura become close. Or at the very least, close enough to be reliable in a pinch for each other.
    I am a massive fan of spotlighting female friendships and camaraderie.

Also, its nice to see Noh Varr and Kate are friends again.
    I couldn't help myself.

"I regret nothing."

That defines Gabby's persona so wonderfully.

Good preview. Love seeing Captain Marvel enter the mix. She's aged well in this world. I get the sense that this is going to be Laura's swan song before she goes back to being X-23 while Logan returns. While disappointing, I hope this story caps off that journey on a high note.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    On the whole a nice bait and switch, even if I'm sure no one REALLY expected Gabby to turn Heel.
    *raises hand* I've been kind of waiting for it ever since OML went on a stabby tirade, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I couldn't help myself.
    That was my first thought. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Alrighty. I'm going to remain POSITIVE with my commentary in THIS thread.
    Here goes.

I'm really into this notion of Kate and Laura become close. Or at the very least, close enough to be reliable in a pinch for each other.
    I am a massive fan of spotlighting female friendships and camaraderie.

I couldn't help myself.

I also like the idea of a Kate/Laura friendship. I enjoyed the Hawkeye issues and Laura could always use more friends... especially since writers never follow up with her existing ones lol.

I still don’t get Taylor’s fascination with sticking Carol so frequently in this book. There’s plenty of other characters I would’ve rather seen.. like how about not killing off Hellion and have him take Carol’s spot for example. Or one of the other many characters that have been important to Laura in the past.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I also like the idea of a Kate/Laura friendship. I enjoyed the Hawkeye issues and Laura could always use more friends... especially since writers never follow up with her existing ones lol.

I still don’t get Taylor’s fascination with sticking Carol so frequently in this book. There’s plenty of other characters I would’ve rather seen.. like how about not killing off Hellion and have him take Carol’s spot for example. Or one of the other many characters that have been important to Laura in the past.
    Ideally it means that something within the plot will NEED a Flying Brick. None of Laura's friends on the X-Men really fit that niche. But yeah, it would have been nice to see someone like Mercury or Dust.

BANNED

My reaction to Danvers' arrival can only be described as "AND THEN THERE'S THIS ASSHOLE". At least there's Kate, so yay for me, glad to see her here. Hope this issue is less of a borefest than the last one.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Going from the X-Men Red artist to this kinda hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Captain Marvel (with different-colored gloves!) and (an apparently ageless) Hawkeye are joining the party, and Gabby isn't the traitor the last issue appeared to be setting up. On the whole a nice bait and switch, even if I'm sure no one REALLY expected Gabby to turn Heel.

Also, Taylor gets to follow-up on Laura's guest spot in Hawkeye after all.
    Yeah, Kate's definitely aged well! The only visible sign of aging is that she bobbed her hair - yet she's meant to be around 52 years old here. At least mid 40s Kamala still looking young can be explained by a healing factor. Can't say the same for Kate, a badass normal. Carol and Maria are at least showing grey hair and facial lines.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    I don't like Kate outfit at all... Seems interisting tho.
    Really makes me miss the days before Gillan's Young Avengers changed her costume. It used to have flair to it. Now it's so basic and boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Kate's definitely aged well! The only visible sign of aging is that she bobbed her hair - yet she's meant to be around 52 years old here. At least mid 40s Kamala still looking young can be explained by a healing factor. Can't say the same for Kate, a badass normal. Carol and Maria are at least showing grey hair and facial lines.
    Yea, I mean for comparison, Kate and Laura are around the same age yet Kate looks younger than Laura here.

This is every kind of awesome!

I love the art - although i also hate Kate’s outfit.

So everyone keeps bring up Carol...that is Noh Varr right?? I really can’t tell anymore lol