There seems to be some parallel to the Dark Phoenix Saga

Mastermind == Mesmero
    Jean Grey == Rachel Grey

X-MEN GOLD #31
    MARC GUGGENHEIM (W)
    Pere Perez (A)
    Cover by Phil Noto
    X-HONEYMOON!
    • The cake’s been cut, the band’s gone home, and the biggest X-Wedding in history is finally a done deal!
    • I’m not crying, you’re crying! And so is one of the X-Men!
    • And those aren’t tears of joy: You won’t believe which X-Man calls it quits!

X-MEN GOLD #32
    MARC GUGGENHEIM (W)
    Pere Perez (A)
    Cover by Phil Noto
    DARK RACHEL SAGA!
    • You may have known her as Rachel Grey…as Phoenix…as Prestige…but all of that is over.
    • Only THE HOUND remains! And you better pray she hasn’t caught your scent!
    • A seismic shift in status quo for one of X-MEN GOLD’s charter members starts here!

XMGOLD2017032_cov-600x910.jpg
    Last edited by jalsrix; 04-18-2018 at 03:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    X-Men Gold 31 and 32

There seems to be some parallel to the Dark Phoenix Saga

Mastermind == Mesmero
    Jean Grey == Rachel Grey

Sorry wrong image attached below but can't delete it.
    Well LOL at least I know what happens in astonishing

Let’s not compare anything Guggenheim does to Claremont.

I hope Rachel beats the bloody crap out of the whole team.

I'm intrigued by this. Rachel hasn't really had a chance to do much in X-men Gold or an any X-book, for that matter. She always seems to get sidelined for one reason or another. This could be her chance to break out and re-assert herself in the X-books. I think that could be good for her, if done well. Maybe this story will give her some momentum moving forward.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'm intrigued by this. Rachel hasn't really had a chance to do much in X-men Gold or an any X-book, for that matter. She always seems to get sidelined for one reason or another. This could be her chance to break out and re-assert herself in the X-books. I think that could be good for her, if done well. Maybe this story will give her some momentum moving forward.
    You know who is writing this, right? The same writer who had people not know what her hound marks were when they reappeared for the 80th time. None of this is new ground and it only serves to regress her character IMO. I'll read it, of course, because it's Rachel but I am not expecting anything revolutionary. I expect this to be only be slightly less damaging to her character than R'chel was.

In order for her to really break out, it must be on a bigger scale where there the ramifications are across the rest of the marvel universe or at least the x-titles. If this story is just contained in Gold, then I wouldn’t call it a break out, sadly......your right though, she is always sidelined. Claremont is really the only writer who can make her shine.....the Greys End storyline really helped Readers connect with her. It’s a shame.
    Last edited by Wolfsbane; 04-18-2018 at 06:30 AM.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Will they give her the Phoenix force? As Rachel's whole thing was that she managed to pull herself back before going dark. Which is why AvX was problematic as well as Jean Grey's solo when we see her mindscape. Rachel is the anomaly so perhaps they're rectifying that.

BANNED

I doubt it will be well done. Guggenheim writes her as incompetent. Previous writers in recent years had her take down Thor and other Avengers and wrote her as a major fighter and a powerhouse. Guggenheim has her knocked out and mind controlled all the time. I honestly would rather him not hav used her, but this book at one point was all about making Kitty look good and Kitty do everything, at the expense of everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Will they give her the Phoenix force? As Rachel's whole thing was that she managed to pull herself back before going dark. Which is why AvX was problematic as well as Jean Grey's solo when we see her mindscape. Rachel is the anomaly so perhaps they're rectifying that.
    Well Jean is back, and no two Greys can be in the X-Men at the same time....

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Well Jean is back, and no two Greys can be in the X-Men at the same time....
    If they can have 3 wolverines on 1 team, they can make an exception for 2 greys
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    If they can have 3 wolverines on 1 team, they can make an exception for 2 greys
    You would think so. But if there is one commandment written in stone in the X-Office it is that Rachel and Jean cannot co-exist in the X-books simultaneously. It is too confusing for readers and therefore when one returns the other shall leave. Everyone loves Wolverine so you need to have 10 of them running around.

Astonishing Member

Why is creating originals idea's a crime?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    You would think so. But if there is one commandment written in stone in the X-Office it is that Rachel and Jean cannot co-exist in the X-books simultaneously. It is too confusing for readers and therefore when one returns the other shall leave. Everyone loves Wolverine so you need to have 10 of them running around.
    Rachel and Jean are not the same person unlike that younger Jean Grey.

Rachel is Jean's daughter in the future, so unless another daughter is born...

That's right everything that Rachel needs most is to be compared to Jean instead of separating from each other.

Yes we have big plans for Rachel a new codename and uniform, be fainted in the infirmary in several issues and return to deal with is past Hound (something that she already overcame long time) and to be defeated by the same villain who had tormented her in the past yes it is what I call development.

Well I guess it's better than limbo but do not expect much. Considering that Jean is back think have to be glad Rachel is not dead yet.