Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Nobody can get away it because the more stories in continuity the more stupid it gets. Joker escapes kills people gets put in jail by Batman, Joker escapes kills people gets put in jail by Batman, Joker escapes kills people gets put in jail by Batman.At some point you stop blaming Joker because that what he does and start to blame Batman because his so call morals prevents him from doing thing that save the most innocent lives but that is for another topic. The X-men are in that same territory how many students have been killed/attack on campus? Now obviously to have interesting stories dramatic stuff needs to happen but as example manga Hero Academy had two attacks on the children in their stories and after each attack the security is actually raised in the story after. I haven't seen active effort in the X-men stories to protect their kids. Who cares if X-men save the world if they can't protect their own students in one place where it suppose to be the most safe for them.

I don't maybe I should be assuming that the X-men are doing in everything in their power and be using suspension of belief but since a bus exploded killing students feels that keeping students safe should be their number 1 priority. Lastly Hero Academy had a great scene where the teachers had to go bunch of parents to get permission to keep their kids in a dorm to keep them safer. I am imagining that scene in the X-men and Kitty Pryde is going to parents " I know a bus blew up on campus killing multiple students,we have several other small incidents of students dying please believe we are safe the recent purifier attack on campus and serial killer attack that killed couple of students are anomalies". Maybe a better way making the points is what student would actually want to stay at that school? Would you want to go that school?
    To do that would defeat the purpose of Batman which was to rise above what's wrong still I can see where you're going with this. The only reason why the campus is so under-protected is because one reason plot convenience writers and editors are far too lazy to try and beef-up security so that students of the Xavier Institute for Gifted Youngsters will actually be safe. it's been an ongoing problem that Marvel still won't solve. in fact it's a cliche.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

- First things first:
    No time displaced O5.
    No need to kill off a character per year if they're coming back some months later.
    Bring back the family soap opera aspects of the X-Men.

Team ideas:

Professor X is alive and works at the Mansion. He and the mansion staff (Forge, Beast, Dr. Reyes, Dr. Nemesis and Moira) don't have their own book but are featured in all the other books when needed. The only X-Men still dead is Cyclops. All teams must have A-listers and "trainee" members.

X-Men: based on the school. Public face of mutantkind. Celebrity heroes.
    Storm (leader)
    Namor
    Emma Frost
    Colossus
    Kitty Pryde
    Nightcrawler
    Trinary

Uncanny X-Men: based on the school. Protectors of the school
    Magneto (leader)
    Wolverine
    Psylocke
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Magik
    Rockslide

X-Factor: based on a space station on the orbit of the earth. In charge of responding to the intergalactic threats.
    Jean Grey (leader)
    Havok
    Iceman
    Polaris
    Northstar
    Archangel
    Armor

X-Force: based in the Outback. Strike underground team.
    Cable (leader)
    Domino
    Marrow
    Daken
    Shattestar
    X-23
    Hellion

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    - First things first:
    No time displaced O5.
    No need to kill off a character per year if they're coming back some months later.
    Bring back the family soap opera aspects of the X-Men.

Team ideas:

Professor X is alive and works at the Mansion. He and the mansion staff (Forge, Beast, Dr. Reyes, Dr. Nemesis and Moira) don't have their own book but are featured in all the other books when needed. The only X-Men still dead is Cyclops. All teams must have A-listers and "trainee" members.

X-Men: based on the school. Public face of mutantkind. Celebrity heroes.
    Storm (leader)
    Namor
    Emma Frost
    Colossus
    Kitty Pryde
    Nightcrawler
    Trinary

Uncanny X-Men: based on the school. Protectors of the school
    Magneto (leader)
    Wolverine
    Psylocke
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Magik
    Rockslide

X-Factor: based on a space station on the orbit of the earth. In charge of responding to the intergalactic threats.
    Jean Grey (leader)
    Havok
    Iceman
    Polaris
    Northstar
    Archangel
    Armor

X-Force: based in the Outback. Strike underground team.
    Cable (leader)
    Domino
    Marrow
    Daken
    Shattestar
    X-23
    Hellion
    Ambaryerno's going to love your X-Force line-up. And even more surprising but not entirely given the previous events Magneto is the leader of the Unacnny team. Also Trinary is a little dumb considering that her attempt to draw attention to a righteous was something only a really dumb person would do but given how you said rookie's I guess she qualifies.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I would only have two titles named X-men. The main characters on those teams would be characters like Cyclops, Wolverine and Storm not d-listers that should be on lower tier titles. All of the titles from the 90s would return. No character would be in more than one team. Villains would not be on the team unless he is musseled and with gauntlets that keep Sabratooth from killing. Also one solo title per character.

As far as story. There would be significant retcons. There would be a Crisis for the whole X line. Most of Morrison's run would be retconed. The secondary mutations were a good idea. All of Fraction, Gillen, Bendis and Aaron's work would be retconed. The dumb **** that has been done with the Phoenix force would be retconed. Most of Wolverine's children would be retconed. Marvel has ruined them. This is if I was over all the X-books.
    Also there would be a cosmic X-men team. And Mutant X would be relaunched. Professor Charles Xavier would be in overall control of all of the X-men books. Magnet would be their enemy.