Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

HARD Crisis-style reboot, such that the past is incredibly changed, but we never dwell on it. Part of the fun is fans trying to piece together the past and how we got to where we are.

Uncanny X-Men Young mutant school, based in Westchester.
    Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus teachers and X-Men
    Magik, Rachel Summers recruiters and X-Men
    White Queen, Beast teachers
    Jubilee, Iceman, Prodigy, Dust students (around 20 more)

X-Men X-Men hero training academy, based in Alcatraz.
    Cyclops, Wolverine, Rogue instructors and X-Men
    Blob, Toad, Frenzy, Unuscione reformed criminals and new X-Men

X-Force Global mutant underground, Xavier-affiliated operatives and rescue squads
    Cannonball, Bedlam, Rictor, Shatterstar, Warpath Houston-based "SEAL Team X"
    Sunspot, Magma, Sage Sao Paolo-based Hellfire Club intelligence
    Wolvesbane and others Muir Island-based mutation research facility
    Karma and others Madripoor-based criminal community intelligence
    Link and others Birnin Zana-based political action organization

Excalibur Xavier-adjacent semi-retired superbuddies and crosstime adventurers
    Brian Braddock, Braddock Industries Chief Executive Officer
    Meggan Braddock, acting Captain Britain
    Kylun, Braddock Family Security
    Forge Braddock Industries Chief of Operations
    Banshee Braddock Industries Chief of Security
    Proteus son-possessed mother and dimensional tunneler

X-Factor Lower East Side of Manhattan, Mutant Town community policing
    Bishop (beat cop), Polaris (governing official), Multiple Man (private eye), Shadowcat (legal defense)

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

If I were editor I would hire good writers and give them the freedom to tell the stories they want with the cast they choose while making sure the editors of the books do their job and prevent any potential continuity snafus. I would put:

Thompson and Dauterman on Uncanny X-Men
    Taylor and Asrar on X-Men
    Rosenberg and Marquez on X-Factor
    Ewing and Larraz on New Mutants
    Strain and Molina on New X-Men
    Bunn and Sorrentino on X-Force

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

This is going to get some flake but I am in favour of Grant Morrison's scrapped plan to open the school to gifted humans and explore what that would mean. Not sure how but it would be something of a game changer for the Institute.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    This is going to get some flake but I am in favour of Grant Morrison's scrapped plan to open the school to gifted humans and explore what that would mean. Not sure how but it would be something of a game changer for the Institute.
    The X-men are about inclusion after all, the franchise is severely lacking some token humans

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    The X-men are about inclusion after all, the franchise is severely lacking some token humans
    I'll bet it would be a real eye-opener for those like Magneto who think too highly of mutantkind. And make it more clear that as hard as it is for mutant humans can also suffer for being unique.

BANNED

I'll bet it would be a real eye-opener for those like Magneto who think too highly of mutantkind. And make it more clear that as hard as it is for mutant humans can also suffer for being unique.
    Then again, it's not a competition for who suffers more... And if I wanna see humans suffering I'll turn on the news, I buy X-men to read about mutants and their stories, if I wanna read about humans I'll pick up avengers

Then again, it's not a competition for who suffers more... And if I wanna see humans suffering I'll turn on the news, I buy X-men to read about mutants and their stories, if I wanna read about humans I'll pick up avengers
    I mean if you want to take the X-Men to the next level you should try to pay more attention to the human side a little it's not a matter of who suffers more. It's just matter of proving the X-Men struggles are not unique to them which has made them a little too insular as a group. I know I thought his way before that my trials wer eunique to me and me alone and I should get special treatment because of it. So why not huh?

BANNED

They're just metaphors for us.

All good science fiction stories are about our real world problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    They're just metaphors for us.

All good science fiction stories are about our real world problems.
    Yeah but the X-Men have basically come to life to the point they're basically independent of the ideas that Claremont used as his inspiration at this point. So why not try to take those ideas and bring them to the next level?

BANNED

Yeah but the X-Men have basically come to life to the point they're basically independent of the ideas that Claremont used as his inspiration at this point. So why not try to take those ideas and bring them to the next level?
    Grant Morrison is the only main X-writer who ever had a go at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Grant Morrison is the only main X-writer who ever had a go at that.
    And it's unfortunate that Grant Morrison scrapped the plans to include gifted humans as well into the school. Because I know I would love to have seen more human characters involved to bring a more balanced view of discrimination to the X-Men.

BANNED

And it's unfortunate that Grant Morrison scrapped the plans to include gifted humans as well into the school. Because I know I would love to have seen more human characters involved to bring a more balanced view of discrimination to the X-Men.
    It's a metaphor, if I wanted to see real life discrimination in my face I'd turn CNN or fox

It's a metaphor, if I wanted to see real life discrimination in my face I'd turn CNN or fox
    Yes I understand but the X-Men as a franchise feels a little stagnant at this point so it needs to be reinvigorated. We've had years of mass extinction stories and to top all off mutants are still on the verge of extinction it's almost symbolic of how stagnant the X-Men have become. That's also why I started these thread to find out what can be done if possible at all to take comci book characters to the next level to give some development.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 04-19-2018 at 12:15 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

That would've been nice. If I were writing X-Men I would like to use people like Silk and Vance Astro.

I'd like to do a solo Cyclops series where he is removed from the x-men. perhaps he goes to Alaska and runs into a slew of guest stars, like Shatterstar or Sunfire. Not sure who i would want the villain to be, but someone who would challenge him and his skill as a fighter