Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    Rogue and Gambit are another Spiderman and MJ. The couple is indestructible. I did say on another thread Scott x Jean is the greatest X-Men love story, only thing is many readers embraced Scott and Emma. Readers will never embrace anyone for Rogue and Gambit. They are that indestructible to readers.
    I was talking about Spider-Man and Mary Jane's marriage from domestic problems to the stress Peter's vigilante activities put on him to finally trying to kill Mary Jane off. They seemed impossible to break up. What about Marvel's attempts to pair Rogue with Magneto? That may be the case but to be spared what came later. One of the things I would do for the X-Men is a hard reboot and make Emma a member of the founding X-Men and pair her and Cyclops together while Jean and Logan get together.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I was talking about Spider-Man and Mary Jane's marriage from domestic problems to the stress Peter's vigilante activities put on him to finally trying to kill Mary Jane off. They seemed impossible to break up. What about Marvel's attempts to pair Rogue with Magneto? That may be the case but to be spared what came later. One of the things I would do for the X-Men is a hard reboot and make Emma a member of the founding X-Men and pair her and Cyclops together while Jean and Logan get together.
    Rogue and Magneto was one of Claremont's little errors that came back to bite him, also causing a larger problem for the X-Men romance story book. In the savage lands, it was meant to be a fling. A crush or infatuation from Rogue's side. Claremont had not created Gambit then. Marvel then chose to capitalise on that little error with Age of Apocalypse. Since then Rogue has always gone back to Magneto at some point in her life and maybe forever will. A little error from Claremont built an stoppable snowball that Marvel will always capitalize on is what I will call the Rogue and Magneto relationship.

Rogue and Magneto was one of Claremont's little errors that came back to bite him, also causing a larger problem for the X-Men romance story book. In the savage lands, it was meant to be a fling. A crush or infatuation from Rogue's side. Claremont had not created Gambit then. Marvel then chose to capitalise on that little error with Age of Apocalypse. Since then Rogue has always gone back to Magneto at some point in her life and maybe forever will. A little error from Claremont built an stoppable snowball that Marvel will always capitalize on is what I will call the Rogue and Magneto relationship.
    Not that the Rogue and Magneto pairing would return not right now when Gambit and Rogue are just renewing their relationship. I really hope it doesn't happen because Rogue and Magneto from a visual stand point look weird together.

Oops nvm
    Xoxo

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

The main issue with the Rogue/Magneto relationship is how inconsistent it makes Rogue appear. "Oh mah gawd Remy, your a thief and accidently got the morlocks killed that one time, how can ah trust you" then on the next page "Magnus, even though you have routinely killed countless people and have spent years fighting mah best friends Ah know your a good man".

This is not me hating on Rogue, just the idiots who decide to write her this way.
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    The main issue with the Rogue/Magneto relationship is how inconsistent it makes Rogue appear. "Oh mah gawd Remy, your a thief and accidently got the morlocks killed that one time, how can ah trust you" then on the next page "Magnus, even though you have routinely killed countless people and have spent years fighting mah best friends Ah know your a good man".

This is not me hating on Rogue, just the idiots who decide to write her this way.
    Hmph how is it that she would treat Gambit like garbage because of his actions while Rogue doesn't mind the man who nearly killed her and her friends? And people say the violence and mistreatment against women in comics is bad but the opposite is possible and hardly anyone bats an eye at it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post

Gambit really should have made her work harder for his love after her behaviour in the Magneto Rex series. she was so disrespectful to Gambit and their relationship. She only came back because Magneto was over her. Gambit should have started dating Marrow so Rogue will learn not to take their relationship for granted. Good thing Claremont came back and put things right back on track leading into the wonderful lovefest of XTreme X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    If we have super hero fatique then MCU will evolve. As You wrote: Disney wants money.

but X-men movie are stale. They need to evolve. Fox really didn't do anything personal with x-men.
    Agreed! I haven't been impressed with any of the "flagship" X-men films. Most of them have played out like episodes of Wolverine and his Uncanny Friends. First Class was fun, but suffered from a rushed plot and lackluster special effects. And some terrible casting of the Hellfire Club. Really, I thought Apocalypse was the first film in which the X-men act like a team and family, though that movie is still full of faults. I think that by lowering the amount of focus on the Big Three (Xavier, Magneto and Mystique), FOX might come around to make a decent X-men film in the future.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Here we are. MCU movies have not evolved. The new movie is the same as the other ones only slightly worse this time. Another non stop action spectacle, Disney wanting money is the reason they cannot evolve and all the movies use the same Disney handouts. Disney is not known for evolving, their concept is the Peter Pan element, you stay and act as a kid forever. What better way to see this than seeing all the personal characters in Disney turned into Man-Children even a bad ass god as Thor.

It's not just the superhero fatigue, its the superhero backlash and lack of unaccountability. All this love James Mangold is getting, you all know Disney wont keep him and his X23 pet project. If Disney wants to evolve they will recognise that not every comic film needs to be in the MCU or use the handout. Definitely not X-MEN. MCU has gotten stale. I don't think X-Men will bring any life to it once they use the handout.

Omg you saw lady bird? that movie was awesome. I wanted it to get best picture over Shape of Water. Great piece of art cinema, Its a pleasure to see all the movies X-Men gets compared too. lady bird ,Inglorious Bastards, Logan had some Citizen Kane throwbacks. The MCU won't evolve to having any of their movies get the same comparisons. All their movies are compared to their last movies. if you have watched or read the spoilers of Infinity War is the same movie as the others movies. It's prophetic that James Cameron said on Monday Avengers movies are hopeless because they just wreck the place. An Avengers movie comes out on Friday the does the exact same thing. It's hard not to see why the fatigue or backlash exists.
    Totally. Disney needs to learn to branch out. I'm not sure why they think all of their films have to have the same family-friendly tone. They could make additional money by branching out to niche audiences too. The MARVEL Netflix shows are a perfect example of this. With the exception of Iron Fist and Season 2 of Jessica Jones, the Netflix shows have been fantastic precisely because they are different from the MCU films.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Hmph how is it that she would treat Gambit like garbage because of his actions while Rogue doesn't mind the man who nearly killed her and her friends? And people say the violence and mistreatment against women in comics is bad but the opposite is possible and hardly anyone bats an eye at it.
    Writers have shown over and over again that some characters are their Achilles heel. Magneto, Joker, Harley Quinn, Wolverine.

Writers have shown over and over again that some characters are their Achilles heel. Magneto, Joker, Harley Quinn, Wolverine.
    Why because they are in love with them for some reason? Though shouldn't Batman fall into that list as well?

Astonishing Member

Decided to dig this thread up for some fun. So, here's an idea I had for a (decidedly temporary) new direction. This starts after a big, cosmic X-Men event involving the Shi'ar in which a good number of the more senior X-Men disappeared from the face of the universe (it's okay, they'll be appearing in another book). Some of the other X-Men are a bit traumatized and quit for a while. Basically the X-Men are disbanded and Beast takes over the school and moves it to what's left of Muir Island. So, in the wake of this, evil mutant and anti-mutant activity starts to spike on Earth. A Sentinel incident in Manhattan ends up drawing the attention of Shadowcat, Jubilee, Cannonball and Sunspot. After the fight, the four meet in a diner to catch up and talk about how bad everything is, at which point Kitty poses the idea "If the world really needs the X-Men, why can't we be the X-Men?" After some more talking, it's decided. Bankrolled and headquartered by DaCosta Industries, they would form a team of X-Men out of the various young adults who grew up in the X-Men's world. During the impromptu meeting, Jubilee actually says "If we're going to do this, we should try to get everybody", resulting in a nice, big twelve-member roster.

Team Roster:
    Shadowcat
    Cannonball
    Sunspot
    Jubilee
    Chamber
    Wolfsbane
    Rictor
    Shatterstar
    Siryn
    M
    Warpath
    Kid Omega

Supporting Cast:
    Paige Guthrie (support staff)
    Douglas Ramsey (support staff)
    Takeshi Matsuya (support staff)
    Lockheed (live in babysitter)
    Shogo Lee (a baby)
    Josiah Guthrie (also a baby)

This would be split between two books Amazing X-Men and Extraordinary X-Men and would deal with our young X-Men as they fight bad guys, perform outreach and just deal with what it's like to be a young adult who grew up an X-Man. Other titles would be going on at the same time like Infinite X-Men, which would feature the more senior X-Men in the Shi'ar Galaxy after they dropped off the map. There'd also be X-Men Academy featuring Beast and Kavita Rao running the school with all the students. More of a soap opera book, really. And then there's Cyclops and the Starjammers in which Scott and the space pirates (this time joined by Broo and Kid Gladiator) put up a resistance as they try to install the rightful heir Adam Neramani (aka Adam-X, formerly the X-Treme) on the Shi'ar throne.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Decided to dig this thread up for some fun. So, here's an idea I had for a (decidedly temporary) new direction. This starts after a big, cosmic X-Men event involving the Shi'ar in which a good number of the more senior X-Men disappeared from the face of the universe (it's okay, they'll be appearing in another book). Some of the other X-Men are a bit traumatized and quit for a while. Basically the X-Men are disbanded and Beast takes over the school and moves it to what's left of Muir Island. So, in the wake of this, evil mutant and anti-mutant activity starts to spike on Earth. A Sentinel incident in Manhattan ends up drawing the attention of Shadowcat, Jubilee, Cannonball and Sunspot. After the fight, the four meet in a diner to catch up and talk about how bad everything is, at which point Kitty poses the idea "If the world really needs the X-Men, why can't we be the X-Men?" After some more talking, it's decided. Bankrolled and headquartered by DaCosta Industries, they would form a team of X-Men out of the various young adults who grew up in the X-Men's world. During the impromptu meeting, Jubilee actually says "If we're going to do this, we should try to get everybody", resulting in a nice, big twelve-member roster.

Team Roster:
    Shadowcat
    Cannonball
    Sunspot
    Jubilee
    Chamber
    Wolfsbane
    Rictor
    Shatterstar
    Siryn
    M
    Warpath
    Kid Omega

Supporting Cast:
    Paige Guthrie (support staff)
    Douglas Ramsey (support staff)
    Takeshi Matsuya (support staff)
    Lockheed (live in babysitter)
    Shogo Lee (a baby)
    Josiah Guthrie (also a baby)

This would be split between two books Amazing X-Men and Extraordinary X-Men and would deal with our young X-Men as they fight bad guys, perform outreach and just deal with what it's like to be a young adult who grew up an X-Man. Other titles would be going on at the same time like Infinite X-Men, which would feature the more senior X-Men in the Shi'ar Galaxy after they dropped off the map. There'd also be X-Men Academy featuring Beast and Kavita Rao running the school with all the students. More of a soap opera book, really. And then there's Cyclops and the Starjammers in which Scott and the space pirates (this time joined by Broo and Kid Gladiator) put up a resistance as they try to install the rightful heir Adam Neramani (aka Adam-X, formerly the X-Treme) on the Shi'ar throne.
    I like this one.

And also her eis my take or at least something I woudl have done with Messiah that woudl have been something fresh elevate the New X-Men. What would do is either use them as the way for the future and if possible have Storm and or Jena be their teacher's I doubt they have done much wrong with them but given how professor Xavier was on the receiving end of Surge's anger I think it might not work.

I'd have them be superheroes who also actually have to navigate the society around them instead of an isolated caste in some rich man's mansion.

That's the direction they should have taken after Xavier's latest death: the X-Men can't rely on his money anymore, the school closes and everyone has to become resourceful, finding balance between intracommunity unity and integrating in society at large. Instead we got diamonds growing on trees. *rolls eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    I'd have them be superheroes who also actually have to navigate the society around them instead of an isolated caste in some rich man's mansion.

That's the direction they should have taken after Xavier's latest death: the X-Men can't rely on his money anymore, the school closes and everyone has to become resourceful, finding balance between intracommunity unity and integrating in society at large. Instead we got diamonds growing on trees. *rolls eyes*
    That is also something I think Marvel shoudl have tried didn't Clarmeont try it with the X.S.E?

If there was a story I would not mind trying with the X-Men is that Iw ould make the mutant nation thing succeed and from there I would write a Gundam style conflict and maybe introduce a Char Aznable type character into the human side who wants to end prejudice among humans.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 07-06-2018 at 01:19 PM.