Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

I'd have Cyclops be resurrected (not sure how), I'd have a 12 issue maxi series focused around him coming back and backpacking across America helping humans and mutants alike in small towns.

After thats over I'd send him to space with his own team, Xmen: Xeno or NEO (whatever sounds better). He'd be helping mutants across the universe cope with their new abilities.

Team roster:
    Cyclops
    Lifeguard
    Warbird
    Cypher
    Cannonball
    Smasher
    Lila Cheney
    Broo
    Kid Gladiator
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Spectacular Member

La bete noir is back but just like the Phoenix currently he is very fragile and not powerful at all . He is attacking mutants and sucking their energy to regain strength . He gets stronger and stronger and at a certain moment comes out of shadows and attacks mutants out in open and takes on whole x-teams. They manage the temporary stop him but he returns later eve more powerful and now it’s all available x-men all at once against many bets noir and the x-men are losing. Just as all hope is lost the Phoenix returns she uses jean as a vessel and sucks all remains mutants on earth, including the x-men up for a power boost (the Phoenix needs it in current state) and defeats bête noir. Jean agrees to be the phoenix’s vessel forever if the Phoenix returns all the mutants back to life and Phoenix does ( she sucked up me bête noirs powers as well and eats a few planets to get the power she needs). She returns all mutants however not exactly the way they were. She alters the timeline even and everything will never be the same again. With a new x-men team a handful of students and hordes and hordes of “evil “ mutants to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I'd have Cyclops be resurrected (not sure how), I'd have a 12 issue maxi series focused around him coming back and backpacking across America helping humans and mutants alike in small towns.

After thats over I'd send him to space with his own team, Xmen: Xeno or NEO (whatever sounds better). He'd be helping mutants across the universe cope with their new abilities.

Team roster:
    Cyclops
    Lifeguard
    Warbird
    Cypher
    Cannonball
    Smasher
    Lila Cheney
    Broo
    Kid Gladiator
    Damn I could get behind that idea and lineup!

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I’d arrange the teams a bit more like the Avengers (i.e. centrally organized but spread out around the world to lower response times), and I’d keep the HQ in New York (maybe buy the Baxter Building, like Parker did), but move the school/mansion back to Westchester.

Blue Team (North America): The flagship team. They’d be the front line, and would be present in major Avengers crossovers. Seriously, they should change the slogan to “Earth’s mightiest heroes that we could find without having more than two mutants on the team.” Operates out of New York, because despite the advantages of central location, you have to operate out of New York.
    Cyclops (leader), Jean Grey, Kitty Pryde, Storm, Iceman, Beast

Black Team (Africa/Asia/Middle East/Oceania): Operates out of somewhere in the Himalayas. Basically a rehab of X-Force; this is the region that you’ll need to get the most down-n-dirty in. They’re the wetworks team. This is admittedly a large area to cover, but most of the things that happen in Marvel happen in North America and Europe.
    Wolverine (leader), X-23, Warpath, Domino, Archangel, Psylocke

White Team (Europe, Eastern Russia): Operates out of Paris. Just a run-of-the-mill X-Men team. However, it does make sense to put the people that speak a European language here.
    Rogue (leader), Gambit, Nightcrawler, Prestige, Colossus, Emma Frost

South America and Antarctica would still need teams, but I’m out of ideas, so let’s just go with whoever isn’t busy.
    Last edited by Gambit, King of Thieves; 07-07-2018 at 06:05 AM.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Honestly I'd probably just step down from my position and write a single spinoff book.

The book for me would be a new X-Factor book. The roster would be Old Man Logan, Bishop, Cable, Magik, and Rachel Summers. Give them a team uniform, and have them reform the XSE. Think an odd mix of the government-era X-Factor, Minority Report, and the Utopia era X-Force, doing grimier things for the good of mankind and hitting world-threatening threats before things get out of hand.

I would really like to see mutants have their own recognized country. Not specifically for mutants anyone can apply to become a citizen at this early stage. I don't want to see it get destroyed I want to see it thrive and for mutants to actually have jobs and live somewhat regular lives if they chose. I still want a few X-Teams around. For universal, global and national threats. Would like to see an actual elementary, middle and high school that all specieshave to attend and then after graduation of high school a separate X-School/Academy for those who think they might want to become X-Men. X-School/Academy would be like joining the armed forces. I guess you could split up the x-Academy units into space, sky and ground units.
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 07-07-2018 at 12:04 PM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I’d arrange the teams a bit more like the Avengers (i.e. centrally organized but spread out around the world to lower response times), and I’d keep the HQ in New York (maybe buy the Baxter Building, like Parker did), but move the school/mansion back to Westchester.

Blue Team (North America): The flagship team. They’d be the front line, and would be present in major Avengers crossovers. Seriously, they should change the slogan to “Earth’s mightiest heroes that we could find without having more than two mutants on the team.” Operates out of New York, because despite the advantages of central location, you have to operate out of New York.
    Cyclops (leader), Jean Grey, Kitty Pryde, Storm, Iceman, Beast

Black Team (Africa/Asia/Middle East/Oceania): Operates out of somewhere in the Himalayas. Basically a rehab of X-Force; this is the region that you’ll need to get the most down-n-dirty in. They’re the wetworks team. This is admittedly a large area to cover, but most of the things that happen in Marvel happen in North America and Europe.
    Wolverine (leader), X-23, Warpath, Domino, Archangel, Psylocke

White Team (Europe, Eastern Russia): Operates out of Paris. Just a run-of-the-mill X-Men team. However, it does make sense to put the people that speak a European language here.
    Rogue (leader), Gambit, Nightcrawler, Prestige, Colossus, Emma Frost

South America and Antarctica would still need teams, but I’m out of ideas, so let’s just go with whoever isn’t busy.
    Sunspot would be an okay addition to South America.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I would really like to see mutants have their own recognized country. Not specifically for mutants anyone can become a citizen at this early stage. I don't want to see it get destroyed I want to see it thrive and for mutants to actually have jobs and live somewhat regular lives if they chose. I still want a few X-Teams around. For universal, global and national threats. Would like to see an actual elementary, middle and high school and a separate X-School for those who think they might want to become X-Men. X-School would be like joining the armed forces. I guess you could split up the school units into space, sky and ground units.
    This is a pretty cool idea and would play nicely in an idea I had to write a Gundam style conflict between mutants and humanity where neither one are completely right or wrong.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Sunspot would be an okay addition to South America.
    I was thinking him, but the only other people I've got are Longshot and Cypher, and I'm just not really feeling it.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    Apart from Reed Richards and Sue Storm has there been a marriage that succeeded in Marvel?
    Luke Cage and Jessica Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I was thinking him, but the only other people I've got are Longshot and Cypher, and I'm just not really feeling it.
    I understand and just curious as to how you even choose Longshot and Cypher? Was it something random you chose after a while?

I'd also have an International Team focused on reacting to terrorism against and from mutants.

Team roster:
    Storm (leader)
    Sunfire
    Siryn
    Nightcrawler
    Colosus
    Monet
    Northstar
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

This is what I would do if wrote the X-men/ and was an editor

- Recton Psylocke into an actually Asian Woman

- Make death mean something in the X-men universe use death sparingly and it makes well thought out and impactful when it is used.

- The time-displaced X-men need to be gone, it was fine for short story but now they need to move on we literally have original Jean Grey, Iceman, Archangel, Beast, and Wolverine and Storm around and I think I would rather see the original together over the kiddies version in a book.

- There has to be a legit another side of the coin the mutant argument.It doesn't have to be Magneto pushing that agenda but has to be a legit argument whoever is doing it. Everytime Magneto aka the opposite side shows up it should case a schism of the fanbase like Civil War. A solid example is Thanos in Infinity War or Killmonger in Black Panther even though they were the villains they had legit point you can see yourself supporting if they didn't go about it in the manner they did. If Magneto feels blatantly evil the writers have failed.

-No more blowing up or getting rid of Genosha or New Tian. Having a community where mutants feel safe is very important to stories.

- No more blowing up the school, No more easy attacks on the school grounds. Xmen have entered the realm of questionable superheroism like Batman not killing Joker with the protection of their grounds and students. How many times can the same thing happen in continuity before characters or characters just look super inept at something which should be their core?

- More on my point above the X-men need actually support staff I was writing this big crazy set up to put in here then I realize that Cyclops Utopia Set up is the most efficient and logical set up the X-men have had I would set up my teams similar using Cyclops model as the template

Extinction Team (Heavy Hitters) Wolverine, Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue, Iceman, etc

X Club(Science)- Forge, Celia Reyes, Sage, Triage, Beast, Dr. Rao, etc

Security Recon- Bishop, X-23, Warpath, Prestige, Frenzy, Gambit, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, etc

Street Team(PR)- Dazzler, M, Northstar, Havok, Lifeguard

Clean up Team(Away team) Dani Moonstar, Chamber, Jubilee, M, Magik, Tempus, Sunspot

Faculty/Teachers- Kitty Pryde(Headmaster)
    Recruits

The X-men need to embrace their large cast and this type of set up makes that even characters in off-panel limbo seem effective.

The books

X-men Blue- A group of well rounded heavy hitters made to go up against the biggest threats based New York

X-Men Gold- Would be the adventures of the away team as the name implies they are the teams that travel and acts as the first response team to things and they would be based Californa

Astonishing Xmen- Would have no set team it would primarily focus on the Adult Support staff and Teachers for the X-men

Uncanny X-men would focus on a set group of Support staff probably the Recon/Security Team

New X-men would focus on the new graduated X-men going to college and current students at the school

X-men The Brotherhood- Magneto and his Brotherhood doing everything they can to keep New Tian/Genosha safe for mutant kind by any means necessary. I would use as much X- characters from limbo as can in this book so people like Maggot, Marrow, Darwin, Mondo, Caliban, Omerta, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    This is what I would do if wrote the X-men/ and was an editor

- Recton Psylocke into an actually Asian Woman

- Make death mean something in the X-men universe use death sparingly and it makes well thought out and impactful when it is used.

- The time-displaced X-men need to be gone, it was fine for short story but now they need to move on we literally have original Jean Grey, Iceman, Archangel, Beast, and Wolverine and Storm around and I think I would rather see the original together over the kiddies version in a book.

- There has to be a legit another side of the coin the mutant argument.It doesn't have to be Magneto pushing that agenda but has to be a legit argument whoever is doing it. Everytime Magneto aka the opposite side shows up it should case a schism of the fanbase like Civil War. A solid example is Thanos in Infinity War or Killmonger in Black Panther even though they were the villains they had legit point you can see yourself supporting if they didn't go about it in the manner they did. If Magneto feels blatantly evil the writers have failed.

-No more blowing up or getting rid of Genosha or New Tian. Having a community where mutants feel safe is very important to stories.

- No more blowing up the school, No more easy attacks on the school grounds. Xmen have entered the realm of questionable superheroism like Batman not killing Joker with the protection of their grounds and students. How many times can the same thing happen in continuity before characters or characters just look super inept at something which should be their core?

- More on my point above the X-men need actually support staff I was writing this big crazy set up to put in here then I realize that Cyclops Utopia Set up is the most efficient and logical set up the X-men have had I would set up my teams similar using Cyclops model as the template

Extinction Team (Heavy Hitters) Wolverine, Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue, Iceman, etc

X Club(Science)- Forge, Celia Reyes, Sage, Triage, Beast, Dr. Rao, etc

Security Recon- Bishop, X-23, Warpath, Prestige, Frenzy, Gambit, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, etc

Street Team(PR)- Dazzler, M, Northstar, Havok, Lifeguard

Clean up Team(Away team) Dani Moonstar, Chamber, Jubilee, M, Magik, Tempus, Sunspot

Faculty/Teachers- Kitty Pryde(Headmaster)
    Recruits

The X-men need to embrace their large cast and this type of set up makes that even characters in off-panel limbo seem effective.

The books

X-men Blue- A group of well rounded heavy hitters made to go up against the biggest threats based New York

X-Men Gold- Would be the adventures of the away team as the name implies they are the teams that travel and acts as the first response team to things and they would be based Californa

Astonishing Xmen- Would have no set team it would primarily focus on the Adult Support staff and Teachers for the X-men

Uncanny X-men would focus on a set group of Support staff probably the Recon/Security Team

New X-men would focus on the new graduated X-men going to college and current students at the school

X-men The Brotherhood- Magneto and his Brotherhood doing everything they can to keep New Tian/Genosha safe for mutant kind by any means necessary. I would use as much X- characters from limbo as can in this book so people like Maggot, Marrow, Darwin, Mondo, Caliban, Omerta, etc
    Technically Batman can get a away with not killing because of his code of ethics and also I like this one. And also for the sake of clarity when you have full control over something you are essentially both writer and editor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Technically Batman can get a away with not killing because of his code of ethics and also I like this one. And also for the sake of clarity when you have full control over something you are essentially both writer and editor.
    Nobody can get away it because the more stories in continuity the more stupid it gets. Joker escapes kills people gets put in jail by Batman, Joker escapes kills people gets put in jail by Batman, Joker escapes kills people gets put in jail by Batman.At some point you stop blaming Joker because that what he does and start to blame Batman because his so call morals prevents him from doing thing that save the most innocent lives but that is for another topic. The X-men are in that same territory how many students have been killed/attack on campus? Now obviously to have interesting stories dramatic stuff needs to happen but as example manga Hero Academy had two attacks on the children in their stories and after each attack the security is actually raised in the story after. I haven't seen active effort in the X-men stories to protect their kids. Who cares if X-men save the world if they can't protect their own students in one place where it suppose to be the most safe for them.

I don't maybe I should be assuming that the X-men are doing in everything in their power and be using suspension of belief but since a bus exploded killing students feels that keeping students safe should be their number 1 priority. Lastly Hero Academy had a great scene where the teachers had to go bunch of parents to get permission to keep their kids in a dorm to keep them safer. I am imagining that scene in the X-men and Kitty Pryde is going to parents " I know a bus blew up on campus killing multiple students,we have several other small incidents of students dying please believe we are safe the recent purifier attack on campus and serial killer attack that killed couple of students are anomalies". Maybe a better way making the points is what student would actually want to stay at that school? Would you want to go that school?