Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

I loved each of the times Superman outsmarted Mister Mxyzptlk in the S:TAS episode "Mxyzpixilated". It's great to see that Clark can be clever as well as powerful.

The fight between Superman and Captain Marvel in Justice League: Unlimited was amazing. I loved every bit of it: the manipulation by Lex, the destruction of the city, the media catching it all, and the public getting even more scared of the Justice League. This was a simply amazing episode as well.

But for me, the ultimate Superman fight in animated form happens when he and Supergirl fight Darkseid at the end of Superman/Batman: Apocalypse. I can watch that fight over and over again.

Gotta shout out my fave unmentioned Morrison Superman fights.

I'll start off with the finale of All*Star where powerless Clark with a gravity gun takes on Lex who's stolen his powers. He succeeds in a clever way, and Lex has a really cool epiphany once he sees the world how Superman always sees it.

The finale of Morrison's nu52 AC run is great as well. Superman defeats the evil 5d imp (who's name I can't recall and refuse to look up but was basically Vindictive), and kind of breaks the 4th wall? Shit was tight and I miss superbro ;_;.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It was really one of the all time classic comic runs.
    If I ever become rich, I might be tempted to pay a decent comic book artist, inker, and colorist to re-do the art of most of the Morrison run.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

It's not a fight and it is from Grounded, which was a mixed bag at best, but I have always had a soft spot for this sequence.

Superman and the Jumper

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It's not a fight and it is from Grounded, which was a mixed bag at best, but I have always had a soft spot for this sequence.

Superman and the Jumper
    I legit can't even open that link without risk of crying.

He does basically the same thing in All Star Superman. So good.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

I like the grounded one better as it is a more complex iteration of the concept. He doesn't have to fix anything, he just has to listen and be there.

Around the same time, Geoff Johns swiped this scene for an issue of Justice Society of America, only this time with Superman of Earth-22 (Kingdom Come).

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Fantastic choice, Nik.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Around the same time, Geoff Johns swiped this scene for an issue of Justice Society of America, only this time with Superman of Earth-22 (Kingdom Come).
    Johns actually did it before JMS with grounded, probably around the same time as the all star issue was released. They're both paying homage to that scene in all star, of course

I like the grounded one better as it is a more complex iteration of the concept. He doesn't have to fix anything, he just has to listen and be there.
    Absolutely. I agree. Just saying, I've never not had feels about a scene like this with Supes. :')
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Superman and the Jumper

I'll admit. This got me.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Great choice Nik
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie