Incredible Member

Default Wonder Woman in Justice League 43 SPOILERS

The god of Death Thanatos refers to Diana as "Goddess of War". I always liked that part of her many origin reboots.

DIANA 1.jpg
    DIANA 2.jpg

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

You have to give Priest some credit for this at least he remembers that Diana doesn't go down easy even when close to death.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Thanatos must still be under the Olympians' deception as it was clearly stated Diana never took Ares's place in Rucka's run.

What a horrible, horrible story.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    You have to give Priest some credit for this at least he remembers that Diana doesn't go down easy even when close to death.
    No, because it's not canon anymore.

God I'm kind of beginning to hate Christopher Priest picking and choosing his own continuity.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

God I'm kind of beginning to hate Christopher Priest picking and choosing his own continuity.
    Well I did not know that but at least it showcases Diana's strong will.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

Priest admits he doesn't have time to read a ton of comics so he just picks and chooses and rolls with it

Editorial should have let him know what is and isn't in continuity.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Give it up to Diana to be fighting DC's Big Bad (Darkseid) and essentially Marvel's (Thanatos) in the same month. LOL.

I haven't read the issue up I'm going with Thanatos just using that title as a appellation rather than meaning she's the Goddess of War.

Not a big fan of this run, but I don't blame Priest if he's confused on her status. Her Rebirth run did a comically horrible job of clarifying things. No one knows what's what.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-18-2018 at 12:55 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Not a big fan of this run, but I don't blame Priest if he's confused on her status. Her Rebirth run did a comically horrible job of clarifying things. No one knows what's what.
    There's not a whole lot of ambiguity in being shown the real Ares, where he is and how he got there. Therefore he couldn't have died. It's pretty clear cut.

Their intentions at the time were pretty clear. This is an editor not telling Priest none of that matters anymore, same as the Titans editors not getting a clue that New 52 Donna didn't need to exist anymore, but for whatever reason DC seems incapable of cracking down on these New 52 references than shouldn't be in place anymore.

the issue itself was underwhelming but I'm interested in a Red lion/WW second round.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There's not a whole lot of ambiguity in being shown the real Ares, where he is and how he got there. Therefore he couldn't have died. It's pretty clear cut.

Their intentions at the time were pretty clear. This is an editor not telling Priest none of that matters anymore, same as the Titans editors not getting a clue that New 52 Donna didn't need to exist anymore, but for whatever reason DC seems incapable of cracking down on these New 52 references than shouldn't be in place anymore.
    Fair enough. The Ares stuff does clear things up by process of elimination. If that's the real Ares whatever happened before was a "fake" one. So much makes no sense about her history I guess I fall into the trap of automatically assuming nothing does. But its just almost nothing.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Thanatos must still be under the Olympians' deception as it was clearly stated Diana never took Ares's place in Rucka's run.

What a horrible, horrible story.
    I agree, just read the last few issues and that was awful. It's like he didn't get the memos on anything Wonder related. The clay origin teaser was bad, but Diana's "By the gods I swear vengeance!" shtick was worse. She looked like an idiot when everyone stopped pretending. At least he got her compassion, resilience and tenacity right, if not her powers or background.

All-New Member

Ya'll know that "Thanatos" is Batman in that scene, right? Diana's having an introspective moment brought about by her near-death.