View Poll Results: John Stewart, the Ultraviolet Lantern

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think it's great.

16 28.57%
  • I don't know. I just don't know.

12 21.43%
  • I admit that it looks bad, but I have faith in Scott Snyder.

2 3.57%
  • It'll work just as well as turning Guy red and Kyle white.

10 17.86%
  • They should model John's uniform after one of Prince's purple outfits.

2 3.57%
  • I want a refund on all the money I've ever spent with DC.

1 1.79%
  • Other (please specify in a post)

13 23.21%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default John Stewart as an Ultraviolet Lantern

What do you think about this, especially given that Baz and Cruz are still apparently Green Lanterns?

no he's a Green Lantern. This will be short lived. Like when Guy Gardner became that weird guy or Superman had electrical powers.

Won't last. Just for a story arc or two at most than back to normal.
    The J-man

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    What do you think about this, especially given that Baz and Cruz are still apparently Green Lanterns?
    I'm not sure what one has to do with the other, but I'm just glad to see John get some attention. For now. This might suck, so I'll remain cautiously optimistic...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

I voted other. I believe this is change is only temporary.

BANNED

It would be better if the creators realised that ultraviolet would look black, or perhaps like sunlight, not purple.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I think this is just a temporary thing so voted 'other'. I must admit, when I first heard this I thought it was a bit desperate. We'll see though. I'm still looking forward to what Snyder has planned.

And the fact that Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz are still Green Lanterns didn't even come into the reckoning here.

I thought Ultraviolet was a pun on Ultraviolent and I loled when i read the solicit.

I understand the desire of giving John a different ID as him being a part of the Lantern Corps is a double-edge sword in terms of representation. I just don't think it's a practical pursuit because DC built on nostalgia/tradition etc.

So making him apart of a different corp is a good middle ground to me. I rather he be an Indigo Lantern instead of Ultraviolet tho.

I'm open to it and just need to see where it goes and if they can do something interesting with it practically and thematically.

Voted "Other."

This sounds like a story arc, not a new direction (however brief). It won't even last the, what, two years Guy was a Red? It'll last a few issues. I don't think it's supposed to be anything more, though I'm sure it'll introduce the new villainous Ultraviolet Corps.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Other: Let's wait until the book comes out or wait until we get more info before we decide.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

BANNED

Voted other. Waiting to see what they do with this and it really says something that you couldn’t make a poll on John Stewart without using it as another attack on Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz.
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 04-19-2018 at 04:53 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    Voted other. Waiting to see what they do with this and it really says something that you couldn’t make a poll on John Stewart without using it as another attack on Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz.
    It's tough to see someone hate on two of the most likable characters, especially Cruz.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Other: Let's wait until the book comes out or wait until we get more info before we decide.
    That is not how the internet works you know.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    It's tough to see someone hate on two of the most likable characters, especially Cruz.
    I doubt that it's going away soon either.

This is one of those occasions where it becomes glaringly obvious that the OP's 'hotline' to DC isn't actually connected. He's not getting what he wants and is gonna want everyone to know that.

Im just glad John be in the upcoming JL relaunch rather than Hal.

We'll see how this Ultraviolet thing goes, next they'll go for infrared I guess....