View Poll Results: John Stewart, the Ultraviolet Lantern

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think it's great.

16 28.57%
  • I don't know. I just don't know.

12 21.43%
  • I admit that it looks bad, but I have faith in Scott Snyder.

2 3.57%
  • It'll work just as well as turning Guy red and Kyle white.

10 17.86%
  • They should model John's uniform after one of Prince's purple outfits.

2 3.57%
  • I want a refund on all the money I've ever spent with DC.

1 1.79%
  • Other (please specify in a post)

13 23.21%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Other - I don't care. I don't think you care either, OP.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

ENOUGH OF THE RAINBOW CORPS!!!!!

It was well & truly played out by the time Johns pulled the pin, now it just makes my eyes hurt.

What's next? The Black Light Corps? - The scourge of budget hotels everywhere!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    Voted other. Waiting to see what they do with this and it really says something that you couldn’t make a poll on John Stewart without using it as another attack on Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz.
    My first thought too. Completely irrelevant to his poll, but he just can't control himself.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Amazing Member

There are too many Green Lanterns. I'd be happy to see John do something on his own for a while, and leave Hal to do his thing as the main Green Lantern. Give Kyle back the White Ring, give Guy a Red Ring, and give Jessica and Simon other rings to forge their own identities. Earth doesn't need six Green Lanterns.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    That is not how the internet works you know.
    Oh god. I know lol. But to be fair, there's nothing much to go off of. The only we can speculate on is the emotion it'll respresent.

We'll see how this Ultraviolet thing goes, next they'll go for infrared I guess....[/QUOTE]
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought Ultraviolet was a pun on Ultraviolent and I loled when i read the solicit.
    thats exactly what it was
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    ENOUGH OF THE RAINBOW CORPS!!!!!

It was well & truly played out by the time Johns pulled the pin, now it just makes my eyes hurt.

What's next? The Black Light Corps? - The scourge of budget hotels everywhere!
    Rainbow corps is still cool concept.I am waiting for them to bring into one corps though or at least some logically split Green,Blue,Indigo and Red,Yellow,Orange.It is pretty funny that keep making new ones I think people are pretty happy with ones that are around.

Mighty Member

I'm curious. Do people complain about their being too many mutants? I really don't get the argument about the rainbow corps. If that suits the story a creator wants to do, then let them be.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Other - I don't care. I don't think you care either, OP.
    Thank you for telling me what I really think. People who have that ability are amazing. And thank you for taking to say the trouble to say that you don't care.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    It's tough to see someone hate on two of the most likable characters, especially Cruz.
    It looks like DC is moving John out of the GLC to make room for them. To suspect that is not "hating on" them.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'm curious. Do people complain about their being too many mutants? I really don't get the argument about the rainbow corps. If that suits the story a creator wants to do, then let them be.
    I agree. I see nothing wrong with the Rainbow Corps. There hasn't been a storyline around it for a long time. It's the concept that sells the GL mythos anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I doubt that it's going away soon either.

This is one of those occasions where it becomes glaringly obvious that the OP's 'hotline' to DC isn't actually connected. He's not getting what he wants and is gonna want everyone to know that.
    Now that was just a little peevish, Willie. If you look at the numbers, this is not getting strong support. And some of the people who don't oppose the change are assuming that DC doesn't want it to stick. But the company wanted Guy to stay red and Kyle to stay white, and the market wouldn't cooperate. I think the intent is the same here -- why wouldn't it be? Putting John in Justice League as a purple lantern won't kill that comic, so this might force it to stick.

It's reasonable to think this is more of the same rather than being temporary by design. They know they have too many Earth Green Lanterns and have been trying to use the emotional spectrum to move some of them out.

Why assume that they're changing what they've been doing? It's more likely that they're still doing the same thing.

Of course this could be a setup for flushing the emotional spectrum, which would be fine, but I don't think so.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 04-20-2018 at 05:51 AM.

Astonishing Member

What does an ultra-violet lantern even mean?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    What does an ultra-violet lantern even mean?
    It won't even have to be a real emotion that powers one. "Will" is not an emotion, but it somehow lies on a spectrum of emotions and powers the Green Lanterns.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 04-20-2018 at 05:57 AM.

BANNED

False analogy. The X-Men were created as a team of super-mutants. Green Lantern was created as an interstellar squad with one member per space sector. Over the years, Green Lantern has drifted very far from that original concept. More is not more re Earth Lanterns.