View Poll Results: John Stewart, the Ultraviolet Lantern

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think it's great.

16 28.57%
  • I don't know. I just don't know.

12 21.43%
  • I admit that it looks bad, but I have faith in Scott Snyder.

2 3.57%
  • It'll work just as well as turning Guy red and Kyle white.

10 17.86%
  • They should model John's uniform after one of Prince's purple outfits.

2 3.57%
  • I want a refund on all the money I've ever spent with DC.

1 1.79%
  • Other (please specify in a post)

13 23.21%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    I'm curious. Do people complain about their being too many mutants? I really don't get the argument about the rainbow corps. If that suits the story a creator wants to do, then let them be.
    I didn't have an issue with the Rainbow Corps to begin with. It was a great concept, and I loved the early issues that culminated in Blackest Night.
    Then I kind of got tired of every other Lantern getting prominence in the Green Lantern book.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

Could the Ultraviolet ring be the result of the extinction of the Lightsmiths from Relic's time, or an aspect of the spectrum they never tapped?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    I'm curious. Do people complain about their being too many mutants? I really don't get the argument about the rainbow corps. If that suits the story a creator wants to do, then let them be.
    False analogy considering mutants represent the next evolution of humans (unless that's changed), now if we're talking about the group x-men and how writers want to add their own original characters to the team, then you'd have a leg to stand on but that would be all you have considering people have complained about those noob characters.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Could the Ultraviolet ring be the result of the extinction of the Lightsmiths from Relic's time, or an aspect of the spectrum they never tapped?
    I thought it would be something from No Justice ...but who knows.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    False analogy considering mutants represent the next evolution of humans (unless that's changed), now if we're talking about the group x-men and how writers want to add their own original characters to the team, then you'd have a leg to stand on but that would be all you have considering people have complained about those noob characters.
    A better analogy would be six Supermen, six Batmen and six Wonder Women. Or six Wolverines. All competing for scare camera time in a zero-sum game.
    You don't see that.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 04-22-2018 at 03:09 AM.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Thank you for telling me what I really think. People who have that ability are amazing. And thank you for taking to say the trouble to say that you don't care.
    You're welcome.

BANNED

Well, now we know a lot more. Does this information change anyone's opinion?

SPOILERS!

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-u...s-leader-oath/

Incredible Member

I have a question, shouldn’t John be naked or something?… Since his uniform is made of the invisible Ultraviolet…

Extraordinary Member

SPOILERS!

This should be an interesting story.

It didn't change my opinion- I voted its great- but there are some implications in the story I think are pretty neat. The Ultraviolet Corps is said to be hate. Back in the day, Geoff Johns teased the Invisible Spectrum, saying they would be 'more terrifying'. While hate and bloodlust may not be exactly not linked to emotion, they do fit the theme of the further down the spectrum you get, the more primal and all-consuming they are. Infrared being bloodlust to the left of red being rage makes perfect sense, as does ultraviolet being to the right of violet being love.

It's a layer that really makes me like them more. Factor in the '7 sealed forces' plot that explains where it's been and I'm digging the story so far.

SPOILERS!

It is kind of weird seeing Sinestro in his old look seemingly out-of-nowhere .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It is kind of weird seeing Sinestro in his old look seemingly out-of-nowhere .
    Seems odd that it almost seems like the Ultraviolet Lantern thing was created just to explain the color of his previous outfit (which was actually just blue, but I guess it's an artistic retcon)

Astonishing Member

I'm sure it's just a temporary situation for John while we explore the Ultraviolet Rings and what-not. But I'm totally cool with this look sticking around for Sinestro during this arc or during this Justice League/Legion of Doom business.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com