Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    They kind of ruined it by making it clear thatBruce was the father from the beginning but I am banking on DC at least valuing how they market Damian to keep it that way.
    Yes the 1st issue seemed to give the game away.

Agreed so long as they keep using him the way they currently are then everything's fine. Damian doesn't need to be Bruce's son to be Robin or to lead the Titans or to have the amazing dynamics he has with practically everyone. That's all just Damian.

However it does ruin the whole concept of Batman Reborn and the entire meaning of what Morrison was trying to achieve [wonder how Morrison feels about that] It changes Damian. at times it feels like DC likes to destroy what their fans like.
    Look at Tim. They've changed him beyond recognition.

Honestly looking at the hack job they did on Tim I would not put anything past DC.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Yes the 1st issue seemed to give the game away.

Agreed so long as they keep using him the way they currently are then everything's fine. Damian doesn't need to be Bruce's son to be Robin or to lead the Titans or to have the amazing dynamics he has with practically everyone. That's all just Damian.

However it does ruin the whole concept of Batman Reborn and the entire meaning of what Morrison was trying to achieve [wonder how Morrison feels about that] It changes Damian. at times it feels like DC likes to destroy what their fans like.
    Look at Tim. They've changed him beyond recognition.

Honestly looking at the hack job they did on Tim I would not put anything past DC.
    It'll honestly take time for Tim to be rebuilt. For one thing it'll require focus on his normal life more than his vigilante life and then he can be written more in character than he is and I am banking on Tynion to ake him with him once his run ends. I get it the comic book industry loves to make changes that often make little to no sense but it's really al we can do is brace ourselves.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

It'll honestly take time for Tim to be rebuilt. For one thing it'll require focus on his normal life more than his vigilante life and then he can be written more in character than he is and I am banking on Tynion to ake him with him once his run ends. I get it the comic book industry loves to make changes that often make little to no sense but it's really al we can do is brace ourselves.
    Since they've abandoned that angle for Duke maybe thy can apply it to Tim. Tynion needs to be kept away from Tim. He loves him but he loves only a specific version. He has an image of Tim that isn't shared by a good deal of fans.

Tim was better of in OZ's prison than in Tynion's Tec. Tim used to be my 2nd fav robin but now the mere sight of him [In Tec] irritates me

Since they've abandoned that angle for Duke maybe thy can apply it to Tim. Tynion needs to be kept away from Tim. He loves him but he loves only a specific version. He has an image of Tim that isn't shared by a good deal of fans.

Tim was better of in OZ's prison than in Tynion's Tec. Tim used to be my 2nd fav robin but now the mere sight of him [In Tec] irritates me
    It really like Tim has become the hardest character for DC to write. As far as I know Tynion maybe the only one who is actually at least trying at least to write Tim in character. I do wish that whatever Tynion has in store for Tim he is doing a lot of character studying to fix him.

Astonishing Member

I want a simple Bat-hero versus the villain of the week. Some subplots are fine but not overcomplicated or lasting too many issues.

With so many Batvillains, it would take 1 book published twice a month to get through 2 dozen plus of the 500+ foes.

It really like Tim has become the hardest character for DC to write. As far as I know Tynion maybe the only one who is actually at least trying at least to write Tim in character. I do wish that whatever Tynion has in store for Tim he is doing a lot of character studying to fix him.
    He's been studying the character for decades if he doesn't know him by now then doubt he ever will. Tynion is a fanboy rather than a fan and fanboys are usually so enamoured they can't be critical.
    Tynion is very pleased with his Tim and Tec as evidenced by his comments online.

When Tim was dead I had hope and he wasn't getting butchered every 2 weeks now I can't abide how he's become. His writer needs honest feedback and to make matters no one else is writing Tim.

Shame we don't even have another characterisation to counter the damage tec is doing.

I wish more writers were interested in the character. Right now it's Tynion or nothing which is depressing.

The focus on home time take time out to fix Tim idea is a good one but seems to be the last thing his writer wants

He's been studying the character for decades if he doesn't know him by now then doubt he ever will. Tynion is a fanboy rather than a fan and fanboys are usually so enamoured they can't be critical.
    Tynion is very pleased with his Tim and Tec as evidenced by his comments online.

When Tim was dead I had hope and he wasn't getting butchered every 2 weeks now I can't abide how he's become. His writer needs honest feedback and to make matters no one else is writing Tim.

Shame we don't even have another characterisation to counter the damage tec is doing.

I wish more writers were interested in the character. Right now it's Tynion or nothing which is depressing.

The focus on home time take time out to fix Tim idea is a good one but seems to be the last thing his writer wants
    With how Tynion decided to let up a little on having Tim trying to turn Gotham into a police state that's already a step in the right direction actually and if Tynion can somehow turn it around it should be interesting actually though Tim Seeley did write Tim in Batman Eternal.

With how Tynion decided to let up a little on having Tim trying to turn Gotham into a police state that's already a step in the right direction actually and if Tynion can somehow turn it around it should be interesting actually though Tim Seeley did write Tim in Batman Eternal.
    I want to hope you're right but I remember how Tynion 'fixed' Tim's origin.

This is a long serving character. He deserves better. Let someone who's not clouded dedicate time to fixing him or shelf him till someone who's dedicated comes along

I want to hope you're right but I remember how Tynion 'fixed' Tim's origin.

This is a long serving character. He deserves better. Let someone who's not clouded dedicate time to fixing him or shelf him till someone who's dedicated comes along
    Yes it was very clumsily handled as he did not mention TIm's parents but for now i hope that if Tim leaves Gotham he can go on a quest to find them and help fix this nonsense. I know Tim deserves better but there isn't anyone else available to help him.

Yes it was very clumsily handled as he did not mention TIm's parents but for now i hope that if Tim leaves Gotham he can go on a quest to find them and help fix this nonsense. I know Tim deserves better but there isn't anyone else available to help him.
    Not just that he changed modified tim's reason for becoming Robin, completely downplayed the impact Dick had on Tim and his decision. I know he could not replicate every single page from Tim's Origin but the scans he choose change the flow and meaning of the events.

He deaged Tim why? That simply robs Tim of a lot of his history especially since Damian retained his and was aged up. I was very pleased at 1st with Tynion's efforts until i went back and looked at it again.

I like the idea of Tim being based somewhere outside Gotham. I'm sure someone suggested Europe

Actually there could be a story as to why they went into WP in the first place.

Not just that he changed modified tim's reason for becoming Robin, completely downplayed the impact Dick had on Tim and his decision. I know he could not replicate every single page from Tim's Origin but the scans he choose change the flow and meaning of the events.

He deaged Tim why? That simply robs Tim of a lot of his history especially since Damian retained his and was aged up. I was very pleased at 1st with Tynion's efforts until i went back and looked at it again.

I like the idea of Tim being based somewhere outside Gotham. I'm sure someone suggested Europe
    He seems to at least trying to re-establish Dick and Tim's relationship at least though. And who knows maybe he could actually rebuild it properly at some point. But I thought Tim was still the same age he was when the New 52 debuted? Well there's always Asia for Tim.

He seems to at least trying to re-establish Dick and Tim's relationship at least though. And who knows maybe he could actually rebuild it properly at some point. But I thought Tim was still the same age he was when the New 52 debuted? Well there's always Asia for Tim.
    I also like Asia for Tim and the recalling the Train scene was nice.

New 52 Tim was a different person though. If Tim became Robin at 13 and is 16 and Damian became Robin at 10 and is 13 now that doesn't give much time. He had a chance to to make him older and give him more time with Bruce but Tynion failed to do that. What exactly are the pros to Tim being 16? I can't think of a single one

I also like Asia for Tim and the recalling the Train scene was nice.

New 52 Tim was a different person though. If Tim became Robin at 13 and is 16 and Damian became Robin at 10 and is 13 now that doesn't give much time. He had a chance to to make him older and give him more time with Bruce but Tynion failed to do that. What exactly are the pros to Tim being 16? I can't think of a single one
    Exactly well you have to give Tynion credit for trying to at least write Tim well he at least dropped the hacker fu thing though it was replaced by a more gadgeteer oriented mindset. it seemed like Tynion had no idea on how to balance Tim but that issue where Tim goes to Bruce is almost symbolic of that.

Some ideas but not yet in order:

A Red Hood imposter murders some criminals and some wannabe vigilantes

After the wedding Catwoman gets bored and commits some crimes which Alfred ends up paying the price for which causes Selina to feel guilty and she decides to become estrange from or divorce Bruce.

James Gordon or Lincoln March runs for a political position and kills a Bat villain (Joker, Penguin, Two-Face) during a televised debate after the villain was manipulated into coming.

Lincoln March is revealed to be Deathstroke's son and his real name is Leo Wilson.

Harley Quinn cripples Barbara or Stephanie.

Introduce Yindel, Miller's Dark Knight, as a cop who favors police brutality towards criminals and Arkham inmates.

Court of Owls recruits powerful rich man into their rankings.