Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Top 3 all time fave toy line/cartoon for me as a kid. I for one am stoked. I been saying MASK should be Fast / Furious + Mission Impossible in terms of automobile shots/visuals/MASK FX....

I will be there day one.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Top 3 all time fave toy line/cartoon for me as a kid. I for one am stoked. I been saying MASK should be Fast / Furious + Mission Impossible in terms of automobile shots/visuals/MASK FX....

I will be there day one.
    Yeah, agreed. How has it taken this long?

Astonishing Member

The Masks themselves as weapons seems clunky and inefficient. So they will need to redesign them somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    The Masks themselves as weapons seems clunky and inefficient. So they will need to redesign them somehow.
    Oh yeah, they are kinda blocky as hell, but that was the 80s, i'm sure they will make them more streamlined. You can look at the designs for the ranger helmets in the MMPR reboot filck...Ironman's armor...we can get streamlined stuff that works.

The more of these 80's cartoon properties that get made into live-action movies, they sooner they finally get around to Bionic Six.

...in any case, regarding M.A.S.K., about time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    The more of these 80's cartoon properties that get made into live-action movies, they sooner they finally get around to Bionic Six.

...in any case, regarding M.A.S.K., about time.
    indeed, Bionic Six would definitely work and work well these days

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    indeed, Bionic Six would definitely work and work well these days
    They're on my short-list of 80's properties I'd like to see a live action movie of. Interestingly, M.A.S.K. was on that list, and here we are.

So besides Bionic Six, we just need Centurions, Bravestarr, Inhumanoids, and Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. Longshots: Sectuars and Visionaries.

But M.A.S.K. is a great start. My favorite vehicle was the '57 Chevy that turned into a tank.

Silverhawks and C.O.P.S. too please.

I started writing a spec script for Bionic Six...still hoping I can put out a few indy films that can do well enough for myself and my brother to take a shot at even pitching ourselves to direct one of our beloved 80s franchises on the big screen.

Dream big or go home, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Silverhawks and C.O.P.S. too please.
    I think Silverhawks would be easier to do than Thundercats or Tigersharks. They basically cyborgs with slight avian features, vs humanoid cats (or the ability to turn into humanoid fish in Tigersharks case). The latter...could be iffy on screen, the former is fairly easy and actually kinda old hat at this point. Though, I suppose if they made the Thundercats look exactly like their cartoon counterparts, sure.

C.O.P.S., they shouldn't avoid the spectacle of it all but not make it too goofy. I think the problem is Hollywood would look at a property like this and think "we need to go crime noir and be deathly serious."

I started writing a spec script for Bionic Six...still hoping I can put out a few indy films that can do well enough for myself and my brother to take a shot at even pitching ourselves to direct one of our beloved 80s franchises on the big screen.

Dream big or go home, eh?
    Well good luck with that. Some of the fan films I've seen on Youtube, especially the Star Wars ones, are pretty good, pretty well done.

BANNED

They're on my short-list of 80's properties I'd like to see a live action movie of. Interestingly, M.A.S.K. was on that list, and here we are.

So besides Bionic Six, we just need Centurions, Bravestarr, Inhumanoids, and Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. Longshots: Sectuars and Visionaries.

But M.A.S.K. is a great start. My favorite vehicle was the '57 Chevy that turned into a tank.

Hurricane, my favorite as well

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Hurricane, my favorite as well
    Most of my friends at the time preferred Rhino.

But no, Hurricane was the coolest to me. I did like Thunderhawk, I just always wondered what would happen if he ever did a barrel roll. But hey, seat belts.

Though the only M.A.S.K. toy I actually owned as a kid was a USED Switchblade my folks got at a yard sale. The wings would always get stuck. My parents were like "You'll get He-Man, and you'll get Transformers. That's it." *shrugs*

Mighty Member

The 80's property I always wanted to see re-done is The Spiral Zone. That concept in the right hands would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    The 80's property I always wanted to see re-done is The Spiral Zone. That concept in the right hands would be awesome.
    I never watched the cartoon but I loved the intro.

Mighty Member

I never watched the cartoon but I loved the intro.
    The show itself, like M.A.S.K., didn't measure up with the promise of the opening song (a common trait shared by most 80's properties), but it did have its share of great moments due to the somewhat rather dark nature of the concept.

Hasbroverse show inhumanoids would. That cartoon scared a few kids back then that's for sure!