Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Yay, Greg!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks for the reply, Kirby101! I thought that was what I remembered but wasn't sure.
    Dark Horse did an 8 issue mini called Conan The Frazetta Covers that used most of the papaerback Conan covers by Frank...

and in the late 90s there was Frank Frazetta Illustrated, an anthology fantasy title using many of Frazetta paperback covers as covers...

not to mention the various stiff of his used for Creepy and Eerie over the years...

just in case you need Frazetta for future cover needs :P

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Congrats Mr. Hatcher! Perfect type of cover for this theme, what better character is there for a Sword and Sorcery cover?

And thanks for voting for my Man-Thing cover (which was also almost your cover) Kirby 101!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Congratulations to Greg Hatcher, and thanks to WestPhillyPunisher for tallying the votes.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Dark Horse did an 8 issue mini called Conan The Frazetta Covers that used most of the papaerback Conan covers by Frank...

just in case you need Frazetta for future cover needs :P

-M
    Thanks! I forgot that Dark Horse has (had?) the rights on that.

Congratulations to Greg Hatcher for a Marvelous cover which showed both kinds of comics, sword and sorcery. the insides also came in both colors, black and white. And my apologies go up to him for using a cover which resembled his in so many ways.

As to what the captain has learned this week... he has picked up on needing to either get a cover in early so it's not used by someone else, or if unable to get one in early, make sure his does not resemble any others in the thread so far. I mean, really, the skeleton with the sword to the right of the cover? Same skeleton, I'm sure of it. In my defense, I thought using a BWS cover would help, but the votes are incredible difficult to predict.

Congrats Greg!

And thanks for the vote for that Kubert cover, MRP

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Whiteshark for an excellent vintage Man-Wolf cover. Can't believe I've never heard of that story.
    Thank you for the vote (And Thank you to The Great Usagi for the vote as well)
    I just find about that cover while trying to find a cover that could be used for this week theme.
    I know of Man-Wolf apearing in other comic books as Spider-Man comics,but did not knew as well that he had his own stories in Marvel Premiere.(The more i know about Marvel Premiere the more i think that was a really underated series)
    Dunno if in the two stories that he apeared in MP were to be followed by a own ongoing comic book if readers liked those stories,but i think the idea of stories of a Werewolf in a more Sci Fi tone is great imo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Like last week, I am sharing a favorite of my youth. Dagar was a Sword and Sorcery comic (says so right on the cover) from Gold Key by Don Glut and the under-appreciated Jesse Santos. It wasn't always easy to find on the comic racks, but when I did I was always happy. Santos also painted the covers, like this one.

Another great cover.
    Is it just me,or that fire monster from that cover resembles a lot the Flame Lizard from the Dark Souls 2 videogame?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Congratulations to Greg Hatcher for a Marvelous cover which showed both kinds of comics, sword and sorcery. the insides also came in both colors, black and white. And my apologies go up to him for using a cover which resembled his in so many ways.

As to what the captain has learned this week... he has picked up on needing to either get a cover in early so it's not used by someone else, or if unable to get one in early, make sure his does not resemble any others in the thread so far. I mean, really, the skeleton with the sword to the right of the cover? Same skeleton, I'm sure of it. In my defense, I thought using a BWS cover would help, but the votes are incredible difficult to predict.
    For what is worth.
    The cover by Barry Smith you posted was one that i almost voted for.
    I like the general eerie and creepy tone of that illustration by Barry Smith.Something that makes sense in a cover illustrating ships with a Skeleton crew.Interesting enough i remeber when i was a kid that i did not liked that much Barry Smith art compared to other artist´s of that time.Of course as i learned a bit more about art i now think Barry Smith is a great artist.
    But Greg Hatcher cover just added up a few notches in the awesome factor in that painted cover that have Conan,thus i ended up voting for that cover.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Carabas

The cover has a certain mood to it. I think that's by Mike Mignola. And he brings a 'gothic' feel to it just by a cover.
    Thank you, and that's Mignola all right.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Another great cover.
    Is it just me,or that fire monster from that cover resembles a lot the Flame Lizard from the Dark Souls 2 videogame?
    I am not a gamer, so I don't know. But the cover is from the 70s so it would be the other way around, the lizard would resemble Santos' painting.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I am not a gamer, so I don't know. But the cover is from the 70s so it would be the other way around, the lizard would resemble Santos' painting.
    My bad.
    I meant to say that the Flame Lizard from the Dark Souls 2 Video Game resembles that Fiery Monster from the cover you posted.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Congrats Greg!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor