View Poll Results: Which Wolverine combined best with the Original X-Men?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Laura

44 86.27%
  • Jimmy

7 13.73%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Laura did play pool with Santo in the aftermath of Quest for Magik, when they were trying to convince Anole to let her cut off his other arm so it would grow back stronger.
    Yeah, but that was kinda a one time thing. You didn't really see her interact a whole lot with them.

I'll also fully admit i want to see Gabby hang with Santo and Victor. they would have lots of fun.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Laura's a better fit generically, just because she's a better character. But for Blue, specifically, it's Jimmy. He's embroiled with the MotherVine/Sinister plots and the universe-rejects theme.

Neither to be honest. But between these two, At least Laura has some similarities with Tyke so there can be some team chemistry. Jimmy is just a token blonde Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Laura's a better fit generically, just because she's a better character. But for Blue, specifically, it's Jimmy. He's embroiled with the MotherVine/Sinister plots and the universe-rejects theme.
    She is a better character and having her in any book makes it better. That being said I'm happy she is in red instead of blue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Yeah, but that was kinda a one time thing. You didn't really see her interact a whole lot with them.
    From memory, it seemed like in New X-Men, she primarily interacted with Dust, who was her roommate and was generally welcoming and respectful; Hellion, would-be boyfriend; and Mercury, who made a point of trying to befriend her. (I'm thinking mostly as a social thing, not counting missions and conflicts). Also during that era, she was a supporting character in the Pixie Strikes Back mini, where she Pixie, Mercury, and Armor got into a little adventure when they tried to sneak off to a Dazzler concert. The context seemed to imply that she was ostensibly friends with the others (or at least Pixie, although I don't recall them having any meaningful interactions prior or after).

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I'll also fully admit i want to see Gabby hang with Santo and Victor. they would have lots of fun.
    I'm somehow thinking that Rockslide would find himself at Gabby's mercy, in terms of smack talk.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I like Laura way more than Jimmy, but I think Jimmy was a better fit with the teen O5 by a pretty good margin. Just because Laura is a better character doesn't mean she was a good choice for the O5.

Jimmy had more in common with the O5 seeing as the O5 are lost in time and Jimmy is lost from another reality.

And to be honest I thought the O5 had a better comic when Laura wasn't around. She seamed to me to be bolted onto the ANXM comics for no other reason than for her to provide a girlfriend for a member of the O5.
    Does anybody know if Bendis actually wanted Laura, or was she put in the comic by editorial?

I know a lot of people feel that Laura was hurt by being put with the teen O5 and I agree with that, but I would say that the O5's stories were also hurt by Laura being in their comic.

Just my opinions.