Default i learned something about ren today

today i watched a documentary about Confucianism.

"Ren (Chinese: 仁) is the Confucian virtue denoting the good feeling a virtuous human experiences when being altruistic. Ren is exemplified by a normal adult's protective feelings for children. It is considered the outward expression of Confucian ideals."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren_(Confucianism)

"One should see nothing improper, hear nothing improper, say nothing improper, do nothing improper."[1] Confucius also defined ren in the following way: "wishing to be established himself, seeks also to establish others; wishing to be enlarged himself, he seeks also to enlarge others."[2] Confucius also said, "Ren is not far off; he who seeks it has already found it." Ren is close to man and never leaves him."

so, i am wondering, if it is another shameless case of star wars names being derivated from countless sources like endor, qui gon (qi gong), etc. or did it inspire the the backstory of kylo and/or the knights of ren?
    or is it another shameless attempt to appeal to the chinese market?
    Last edited by abulafia; 04-18-2018 at 05:55 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

I think they just thought it sounded cool.