Default When will Diana get to 1000 issues?

Superman is getting great love but what if Diana ? They didn’t do the same amount with her like they did them. Every bookstore had something about Superman and Batman but not Diana

Any thing special you guys would love to have for her 80 years or 1000 issue

Considering how boring they treated her Anniversary last year, considering it led into her movie, I wouldn't expect much. They don't seem to care for her other than selling merch. They gave Harley Alternate/Special covers on her anniversary, and Diana didn't get anything.
    Richard Alexander

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Knowing DC, I expect something idiotic like #TheWonderThongIsBack

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Knowing DC, I expect something idiotic like #TheWonderThongIsBack

I know some people who would actually want the briefs to return but I'd rather not see it happen because the costume itself doesn't make sense since World War II is over. And the brief are easy to mess up and transform into a thong that's not right I tell you.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Incredible Member

Action comics debuted in 1938; Wonder Woman in 1942. Aside from there being a stretch of three years, there were also several periods in WW's pre-crisis publication in which she was published every other month, not monthly. And how long was the gap between her first series ending and the Perez series starting? Was it a year?

Considering her #600 issue was before the nu52, I'd guess we have a few years.

Action and 'Tec have been running a very, very long time. None of Diana's titles are close to reaching that milestone. I expect Batman and Superman's main titles will also beat hers to 1000 as well.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

How is she gonna reach #1000 if she doesn't have Sensation Comics like the others? Count every Wonder Woman issues from then until now?

Incredible Member

Lol. At this rate, Wonder Woman probably won't even reach 1000 issues. DC Comics have completely wasted all of the goodwill towards the character generated by her solo movie. They clearly don't know what to do with Princess Diana of Themyscira!

Well if it she doesn't get to 1.000 why not 80th? Sensational Comic should be brought back. I mean after Perez, the movies or the anthology sensational comics doing well you think they would reconsider being back the comics

Yeah. Wonder Woman Rebirth started with alternating issues. Odds told one story, evens told another. They should've had monthly Wonder Woman and Sensation Comics titles with the same content instead.

The legacy numbers for the six titles are as follows:
    Action Comics: 1000
    Superman: 714 + 52 + 45 = 811
    Detective Comics: 978
    Batman: 713 + 52 + 45 = 810
    Sensation Comics: 109 + 7 + 1 + 17 = 134
    Wonder Woman: 614 + 52 + 44 = 710

Tec will reach 1000 next, next year. Superman and Batman will hit their milestones together, but have only just passed 800. Wonder Woman is just past 700 and Sensation's numbering is not notable at all.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-19-2018 at 07:20 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Detective will hit 1000 next year. Batman will follow with in over a decade, Superman a couple of years after that. Wonder Woman will need a long time, 20 + years to hit that milestone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. Wonder Woman Rebirth started with alternating issues. Odds told one story, evens told another. They should've had monthly Wonder Woman and Sensation Comics titles with the same content instead.

The legacy numbers for the six titles are as follows:
    Action Comics: 1000
    Superman: 714 + 52 + 45 = 811
    Detective Comics: 978
    Batman: 713 + 52 + 45 = 810
    Sensation Comics: 109 + 7 + 1 + 17 = 134
    Wonder Woman: 614 + 52 + 44 = 710

Tec will reach 1000 next, next year. Superman and Batman will hit their milestones together, but have only just passed 800. Wonder Woman is just past 700 and Sensation's numbering is not notable at all.
    Superman is going monthly while Batman is staying twice monthly so Batman will get there first.