Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Jimmy's the easy answer but its also the best answer. Only problem with him finding out now in the current continuity structure, is that it will feel way too late to do it in my mind. In a continuity where Superman has a kid, Jimmy should have known a long time ago so he could've been an intricate part of the new family's life with no secrets necessary whatsoever. Again, to me.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Lex Luthor. It would be really game changing if it were his mortal enemy to know his secret instead of the inoffensive Jimmy Olsen.
    Lol. Its actually been done. Multiple times. Luthor either doesn't believe it or had the knowledge wiped from his memory.

Spectacular Member Embryonic Superman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I really want to see John Henry and Clark become good friends, and eventually Clark tells him his secret.
    Hasn't John Henry known for awhile? I thought he's been in on the secret since after his solo book ended, when he moved back to Metropolis and established Steelworks. Of course, the New 52 might have erased that, but most of Steel's original history has now been reinserted.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Lol. Its actually been done. Multiple times. Luthor either doesn't believe it or had the knowledge wiped from his memory.
    Yes it sure has! LOL
    For someone claiming to be brilliant like Lex Luthor...he can be really stupid at times!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Embryonic Superman View Post
    Hasn't John Henry known for awhile? I thought he's been in on the secret since after his solo book ended, when he moved back to Metropolis and established Steelworks. Of course, the New 52 might have erased that, but most of Steel's original history has now been reinserted.
    Yeah, I thought so too. I think he probably does still know, especially since he's still dating Lana Lang who is definitely in the know. Actually, when Lana was feeling bad in recent issues of her Superwoman series, I think he called Clark to come cheer her up, so yeah, he definitely still knows.

Astonishing Member

Personally I'd prefer to go the opposite route and have Clark's ID become less well-known. Have Lois, Jon, Kara, Diana, Bruce and Dick Grayson as the extent of the people who know. No Lana, no Pete Ross, no Steel, no Damian, no other Leagers or Titans, ...

Basically the exact opposite route of every DCTV series where you can count the people who don't know on one hand. Why have a secret identity if you reveal it to every Tom, Dick and Harry?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lois View Post
    Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton
    Lex Luthor. It would be really game changing if it were his mortal enemy to know his secret instead of the inoffensive Jimmy Olsen.

Not 100% sure about that. The best part of the Superman mythos for me anyway is the fact that Lex Luthor doesn't know his secret.
    On the other hand I find the idea of a Lex who nonchalantly knows and has never really seen it as something to exploit being an interesting twist,

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Personally I'd prefer to go the opposite route and have Clark's ID become less well-known. Have Lois, Jon, Kara, Diana, Bruce and Dick Grayson as the extent of the people who know. No Lana, no Pete Ross, no Steel, no Damian, no other Leagers or Titans, ...

Basically the exact opposite route of every DCTV series where you can count the people who don't know on one hand. Why have a secret identity if you reveal it to every Tom, Dick and Harry?
    They don't. They either reveal it to people who have a right to know or sometimes they find out on their own.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They don't. They either reveal it to people who have a right to know or sometimes they find out on their own.
    Barry Allen in costume on the show pretty much introduces himself by pulling back his cowl and giving his full name.

Oliver Queen has all but been outed as Green Arrow and before that had both his entire supporting cast and all his enemies knowing who was under the hood.

And except for Lena who on Suoergirl doesn't know that Kara Danvers is Supergirl.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Yeah, I thought so too. I think he probably does still know, especially since he's still dating Lana Lang who is definitely in the know. Actually, when Lana was feeling bad in recent issues of her Superwoman series, I think he called Clark to come cheer her up, so yeah, he definitely still knows.
    Ok, wasn't aware if he knew enough or not. I'm glad he does.

Barry Allen in costume on the show pretty much introduces himself by pulling back his cowl and giving his full name.
    Yeah no he doesn't.

Oliver Queen has all but been outed as Green Arrow and before that had both his entire supporting cast and all his enemies knowing who was under the hood.
    Again, most of this happened against his will.

And except for Lena who on Suoergirl doesn't know that Kara Danvers is Supergirl.
    You mean besides an entire city?

Again, they either tell people who have a right to know or they figure it out themselves.

I really miss a good ol' Secret Identity. No one has them anymore.

^ this isn't wrong.

It honestly doesn't bother me at all when the mythos evolves that those closest to him learn the secret. And Jimmy certainly fits the bill as being incredibly close to him. At least classically. But that's Superman's personal mythos I'm talking about. The DCU superhero community at large more often knowing than not? I agree that's sort of over the top now. Batman and Wonder Woman get a pass because out of the shared verse they have always been his closest friends beyond all others. They should know. But I'd be absolutely fine if the Justice League and the rest of the superhero community didn't know.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I would love Bibbo to find out and just not believe it. Write it off as some trick or that he's losing his mind. He just loves Sooperman so much that it couldn't be any other way.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'd love a larger supporting cast that DOESN'T know.