• Yay

49 50.52%
  • Nay

29 29.90%
  • Okay with either

19 19.59%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Default Yay or Nay to the Red Trunks Returning?

At first I thought the same about Superman before the 52 armor. Superman's Costume is too iconic to change.

As time passed, these new changes grew on me and I grew to like 52 and rebirth.

Now that they returned, I'm still not 100% sure what to think. I can understand both sides so I'm neutral.

Curious as to what everybody else thinks

Okay with either.

BANNED

I'll worry when they're over his head

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Nay, and replace the belt as well with wide a yellow and red color pattern that resembles the belt and trunk on his waist to give the costume color balance. As for body print, just make the suit rubber or something, though they never worry about that with other heroes costume so I don't know why people keep using that excuse.

I've wanted them back since 2011, and after reading Action Comics #1000 yesterday, I was absolutely right. For whatever reason, Superman finally looks "right" again in a way that he hasn't for the last seven years. Glad to see them back again, and was amused to watch the characters in Bendis' story commenting on them.

From a personal standpoint, I don't care. I was on record when the change was initially advertised that I never disliked the trunks in the first place, just had no qualms whatsoever about trying something new.

From a standpoint of reigning in new readers, its probably not a great idea. Off the charts damaging? I wouldn't go that far, but it won't help. Much to the chagrin of long-time fans, we're well into our second generation of kids who just think they're goofy.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

This is anecdotal, but my kids never think he looks right without the red shorts. I've taught them well on this serious issue.

Definitely Yay. I like the Rebirth and Reborn suits, and even the DCEU suit (when it's not covered in blue filter). But nothing beats the classic suit - even with the new cuffs.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I picked okay with either, but if I were Clark in this century, I wouldn't have the trunks.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

Absolutely YAY. It just feels so right. If they'd come up with a trunkless alternative that worked, things might be different (the Reborn suit was pretty close) but they never convinced me.

BANNED

This 1 and only pic is the closest I've seen to a trunkless alternative.

I pick yes.

Some alternative costumes were okay. Even good. But nothing beats the original. Its the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    From a personal standpoint, I don't care. I was on record when the change was initially advertised that I never disliked the trunks in the first place, just had no qualms whatsoever about trying something new.

From a standpoint of reigning in new readers, its probably not a great idea. Off the charts damaging? I wouldn't go that far, but it won't help. Much to the chagrin of long-time fans, we're well into our second generation of kids who just think they're goofy.
    completely agree. Voted NAY.

The trunks are goofy and outdated. Praying they at least won't return in live action...

I think the suit will always look like it's missing something without the trunks. It just looks good with the trunks.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm bout that trunk life.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.