Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    WOW. Your Idea to address OMD iss almost acceptable and one would make sense of a compromise between Married Fans and Single Fans of Peter.
    I don't see how that would do anything else than smash the chasm between them deeper than ever.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Which I contend has to be done. Not the restoration of the Marriage necessarily, but rather a constructive resolution that finally shuts the door on this awful storyline which has burden Spidey for more than a decade now.
    Any "answer" or re-addressing that does not result with a permanent reconciliation between the two, is NEVER going to be a "constructive" resolution, not until the reconciliation, or at least the seeds of hope for a reconciliation, which WILL be not so distant, happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    WOW. Your Idea to address OMD iss almost acceptable and one would make sense of a compromise between Married Fans and Single Fans of Peter. I mean it wouldn't end with them married, but it would finally be address in a reasonable way.

Also I have this one question: Wouldn't Otto vs Norman almost be similar to Riddler vs JOker in Batman ?
    No it isn't. It's a massive slap in the face to every fan of Peter's and MJ's marriage. And it completely goes against his character to make a DEAL WITH THE DEVIL!

The reason OMD is so hated isn't just because it broke the two up. OMD goes against everything Spider-Man is. It takes a Character who's the origin of the prase "With great power comes great responsibility" and makes him go "Screw Responsibility, I'll go make a deal with Satan and basically erase the past couple decades of my life".

One more thing. Nobody cares about Aunt May anymore. The last time she had a relevant part in a Spider-Man story was when she fed the Chameleon cyanide. Let. The. Old. Broad. Die. And. Be. With. Her. Husband.

As for the whole "Turn Peter Parker into a teenager again" Thing? He's been written as a "Teenage looser" In everything but age for the past few years. And everybody is sick of it.

I do like the whole "Villain civil war" idea however. Hell it would at least be something different than the constant Hero VS. Hero events Marvel has been shoving out for the past decade. Unfortunately however it's basically ripping off one of the subplots of Infinite Crisis.

Personally, althougth i want then back together, i'm fine if they just get rid of the deal, if shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Althougth i had to agreed, than the "Villain Civil War" beetween Norman and Ock sound neat.
    Last edited by TheCape; 05-06-2018 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonofthezombie View Post
    No it isn't. It's a massive slap in the face to every fan of Peter's and MJ's marriage. And it completely goes against his character to make a DEAL WITH THE DEVIL!

The reason OMD is so hated isn't just because it broke the two up. OMD goes against everything Spider-Man is. It takes a Character who's the origin of the prase "With great power comes great responsibility" and makes him go "Screw Responsibility, I'll go make a deal with Satan and basically erase the past couple decades of my life"......
    I agree with that. I hate the story so much because of the reasons you have outlined. I feel the deal has morally compromised 616 Spidey going forward. In addition, it was unrealistically bad writing that painted the character into a corner because of a mandate not for creative purposes. No one other than Mephisto in the entire Marvel Universe could save or even help Aunt May recover from a gunshot wound c'mon that's ridiculous.

Edit - Sorry people I know I'm part of the problem with this thread getting off track. However, as an inspiring writer, I just can't let bad writing go by without comment. OMD is a prime example of bad writing at its absolute worst.
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-06-2018 at 11:10 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

My idea for Spider-man if I was in charge is going sound like a broken record. But Undoing OMD finally. But it would have a slow build to the Reunion.

First Arc would be a classic Spidey story verse a classic villain like maybe Shocker. But the cliff hanger is Reed showing up,and telling Peter the FF needs help in a time travel story. The second arc would be the time travel Adventure were an AU Doom sent a doom-bots to the past to cause something to happen that will lead to an Army of Symbiotes. But the big thing is the ending. After Peter prevents Doom's plot. He notices he's running low on web fluid. So he decides to go to his old Soho apartment to grab some before he goes. In his old apartment as he's going to grab it the phone rings. Peter let's it go to voice mail cause the past Peter is not home and he doesnt want to mess with the timeline of him not getting the message. Its MJ talking about how she is going be late coming home from a modeling gig. Peter just thinks to himself about how lucky he was then to have MJ as his girlfriend. only for her to mention that Peter shouldnt worry about Caesar because "he knows they are married". The next few arcs are of Peter back in his right timeline trying to slove the mystery of why they forgot about being married.
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpackers90 View Post
    My idea for Spider-man if I was in charge is going sound like a broken record. But Undoing OMD finally. But it would have a slow build to the Reunion.

First Arc would be a classic Spidey story verse a classic villain like maybe Shocker. But the cliff hanger is Reed showing up,and telling Peter the FF needs help in a time travel story. The second arc would be the time travel Adventure were an AU Doom sent a doom-bots to the past to cause something to happen that will lead to an Army of Symbiotes. But the big thing is the ending. After Peter prevents Doom's plot. He notices he's running low on web fluid. So he decides to go to his old Soho apartment to grab some before he goes. In his old apartment as he's going to grab it the phone rings. Peter let's it go to voice mail cause the past Peter is not home and he doesnt want to mess with the timeline of him not getting the message. Its MJ talking about how she is going be late coming home from a modeling gig. Peter just thinks to himself about how lucky he was then to have MJ as his girlfriend. only for her to mention that Peter shouldnt worry about Caesar because "he knows they are married". The next few arcs are of Peter back in his right timeline trying to slove the mystery of why they forgot about being married.
    Basically this is what I want. In regard to OMD I always feel bad for Straczynski before his run Mary Jane and Peter were on the rocks he does this long arc of briniging them back together closer then ever. Then a mandate says undo everything he built in his Spider Man run. I can't imagine what a slap in the face that was. And I have to say I have not enjoyed Peter as Spider Man as much since the marriage has ended it just feels like Marvel is spinning their wheels in terms of his character progressing. At this rate Miles will marry Spider Gwen before Peter and MJ get back together.

I'm glad that my unofficial pitch has finally caught on in Peter being a science journalist, though I would have him traveling on assignments.

Spectacular Member

Start with Spider-Man saving a homeless man who turns out to be Loki. In payment Loki returns the memories of the marriage to Peter. At first only he remembers but after a few classic battles with new and old foes the stage is set for Mary Jane to remember and they repair their fallen relationship. End of Year One

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm glad that my unofficial pitch has finally caught on in Peter being a science journalist, though I would have him traveling on assignments.
    I wonder if the reason they have him being an editor is that Superman's a journalist. I do think journalist is a slightly better fit.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Here goes...

As for plots, I would find a way to fix the marriage. I would cement Spidey as a vet hero with at least a decade of web slinging under his belt and would have him in duel roles as lead photography editor at the Bugle and working with Reed Richards. We can keep Aunt May and all that jazz. I would keep Ben, Miles and I would expand upon the supporting characters.

Here are my titles:
    Amazing Spider-Man. This would be legacy numbering and be the flagship title. A little bit of everything.

Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man. Keep current numbering. This would have more focus on Peter as Peter, but with adventures as Spidey as well.

Spider-Man. This would be Miles Morales book.

Web of Spider-Man. Darker stories.

Spider-Man and the Future Foundation. This would be him mentoring younger heroes with the help of Franklin and Valeria.

The Scarlet Spider. Ben’s book.

Two ideas...

I'd try to keep some details about stories vague, to create a sense that there's more going on with the characters than is shown on the page. This could encourage fan theories, and Rick & Morty style speculation, and make elements of a run springboards for various conspiracies in future events. This could touch on the Spider-Man stories with references to larger criminal organizations, as well as the Peter Parker side of things. Mary Jane might be in some kind of independent film, and readers could piece together the narrative.

It would be interesting to get someone who does autobiographical comics for a single issue story about a cartoonist's experiences in the crossfire of a fight between Spider-Man and some supervillain. It'd be like if someone like Alison Bechdel, Emil Ferris, Marjane Satrapi or Joe Sacco was at an event held up by the Sinister Syndicate.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets