Unhappy Where art thou Deadpool?

Hello, my name is Rebecca and I like Marvel. My knowledge is limited though, due to lack of funds (Gotta eat!). I have watched a lot of the movies (excluding the most recent ones), watched everything I can find on Netflix.... and that is about it. I follow fuckyeadeadpool on Tumblr and I think I fell in love with the awesomeness that is Deadpool. But, I can't find anything on him! Usually I read manga, and there are plenty of websites where I can find scans of whatever I'm into, but I can't find **** for Wade! T_T I really would like to know more than's on Wikipedia... Does anyone know of a website that has Marvel Comics? And if I have to suck it up and spend some cash, where should I start? Same for the free comics too I suppose... Sorry, I'm rambling... Can you help or is it a lost cause?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I have the perfect thing for you, Marvel Unlimited. What you do is you pay 10 bucks a month and you can read every issue older than 6 months (some issues are missing but new issues are added every week) for free on internet or via the app. Yoy can read Cable&Deadpool, Uncanny X-Force (2010), all Deadpool's solo's and everything you want
    Last edited by victorxd1999; 05-02-2014 at 03:19 PM.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quivering Euphoric Blob CaTigeReptile's Avatar

Another great place if you just want more information would be this page: http://www.comicvine.com/deadpool/4005-7606/

It should give more information about him than the Wikipedia page.

But yeah, Marvel Unlimited would be right up your alley. Plus you can read an enormous amount of comics from years and years ago, so if you run into another character you like you'll probably come across their stuff, too.

I suggest comicvine.com or marvel.wikia.com

All very good suggestions.. and if you have any more specific questions, Rebecca, feel free to join us in the Deadpool Appreciation thread in the x-boards

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I have the perfect thing for you, Marvel Unlimited. What you do is you pay 10 bucks a month and you can read every issue older than 6 months (some issues are missing but new issues are added every week) for free on internet or via the app. You can read Cable & Deadpool, Uncanny X-Force (2010), all Deadpool's solo's and everything you want
    Oh my god thank you! I found the Marvel Netflix!! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by CaTigeReptile View Post
    Another great place if you just want more information would be this page: http://www.comicvine.com/deadpool/4005-7606/

It should give more information about him than the Wikipedia page.
    Ohh thank you! ^_^ I've only read the first couple of paragraphs and there is much more information there than on the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    All very good suggestions.. and if you have any more specific questions, Rebecca, feel free to join us in the Deadpool Appreciation thread in the x-boards
    Thank you all so much! I found your Deadpool Appreciation thread and I am reading through it!

Quote Originally Posted by newdeadpoolfan View Post
    Oh my god thank you! I found the Marvel Netflix!! Yay!
    No problem. If you want I coild give you my favorite Deadpool stuff do you can get right to the good stuff. And if you have any other favorite characters, I could do the same for them if you wish
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    No problem. If you want I coild give you my favorite Deadpool stuff do you can get right to the good stuff. And if you have any other favorite characters, I could do the same for them if you wish
    Are you serious? HELL YES! I also really like Wolverine... and I want to know more about Black Widow. Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by newdeadpoolfan View Post
    Are you serious? HELL YES! I also really like Wolverine... and I want to know more about Black Widow. Thank you so much!
    Ok here goes:
    Cable&Deadpool: this a 50 issue long run featuring Cable (son of Cyclops from the future who has immense trlekinectic powers but usually keeps it dormant because it makes him vulnerable to a virus he has) and Deadpool. Read the girst 6 issues to determine if you like it.
    Joe Kelly's Deadpool: Deadpool serie from 1997 (or 1998?) Generally considered the definitive Deadpool run. Lasted ftom #1 to #36 or something like that.
    Uncanny X-Force(2010): in this team book Deadpool was written great (it slso has Wolverine). It may be a little hard to follow since it spinned out of X-force but I'm sure you'll figure it out. Beginning is great and only gets better till #18, it goes a little downhill from there. Warning, it's very graphic
    You can start with those I think. I don't know much about Black widow but here are my Wolverine recs:
    Wolverine (1982): His first limited series written by comic book legends Miller (aldo wrote 300 and Sin city) and Claremont. May a little dated but it's one of the best stoties you'll find.
    Astonishing X-men #1-24: doesn't prominently features Wolverine that much but it's friggin great. It has a lot if references to the Dark phoenix saga (Uncanny X-Men #129-137, also dated but generally considered one of the greatest comics ever written) but very accesible to new readers.
    Marvel comics present #72-84: Wolverine's origin story (one of many but definitely the best and most referenced)

This should keep you busy for a while; )

Also another interesting site is uncannyxmen.net