Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Dr. Giggles (1992)

BANNED

The Last Airbender.

Howdo you frak up something such fantastic source material so badly? And that's without even going into the casting, which is a separate discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The Last Airbender.

Howdo you frak up something such fantastic source material so badly? And that's without even going into the casting, which is a separate discussion.
    And somehow deciding to pronounce all the names differently. Shyamalan has said his own kids refused to talk to him for a while after seeing that film. And I don't blame them.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    And somehow deciding to pronounce all the names differently. Shyamalan has said his own kids refused to talk to him for a while after seeing that film. And I don't blame them.
    Shamartist lost me after The Village which infuriated me with it's shitty ass ending, and I haven't watched any of his films since.

Oh, while we're on the topic of Star Trek: TNG cinematic hate, the only film that was worth watching that I moderately liked was First Contact. IMHO, Generations wouldn't have gone far without Shatner, Insurrection was a stink bomb, and Nemesis was a gigantic turd. No wonder Paramount rebooted the franchise after all that dreck.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 06-04-2018 at 10:03 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Shamartist lost me after The Village which infuriated me with it's shitty ass ending, and I haven't watched any of his films since.
    I never bothered with that one. The last one I saw in its entirety was Signs and the plot holes in that drove me up the wall, even if the character work was really good. I might see Split, especially since it sets up the possible sequel to his last really good film - Unbreakable.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I never bothered with that one. The last one I saw in its entirety was Signs and the plot holes in that drove me up the wall, even if the character work was really good. I might see Split, especially since it sets up the possible sequel to his last really good film - Unbreakable.
    The only reason I stuck it out with Signs was because of the characters, even if everything else was flat out maddening. How Shamartist keeps getting work (and it pains me to slam the guy because he's from the Philly area), given the slop he keeps turning out is a mystery to me.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. How is it possible to mutate a science fiction property into a bad teen/sex comedy is waaay beyond me.

Justice League. Dear WB Executives... You can't expect to compete with the Avengers with a half finished movie.

Craptastic Four... Do i need to explain this one?