Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

MEGAFORCE (1982) - I will never allow my family to forget the shame of overruling me & forcing us to watch the utter abomination instead of the gloriously epic that is John Carpenter's THE THING (1982), that was also released that week.

PS. I did in fact see John Carpenter's THE THING a week or so later but by then the trauma had taken hold.

Land of the Lost: It was based on a 1970's Saturday morning live action show that was better than the movie. Despite an extremely low budget, the show had good stories during it's first season, being written by a number of top science fiction writers including Larry Niven. Had I known who Will Ferrell even was at the time I saw it, I would have known it was a "lost" cause.

Green Hornet: One great thing about this movie is that the 1960's television show is in no danger whatsoever of losing it's place as the definitive version of the Green Hornet and Kato. The Green Hornet in this movie is worthless in every way including not even having the saving grace of being funny.
    Power with Girl is better.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

On the superhero side of the street (in alphabetical order):

Batman & Robin
    Batman Forever
    Catwoman
    Daredevil
    Elektra
    Ghost Rider
    Green Lantern
    Supergirl
    Superman IV
    Superman Returns
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Starship Troopers - still a modern classic on TV of a horrible movie and destruction of a good book!

All the Star Wars prequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Star Trek insurrection looked like an long episodes and not even a good one.
    There have been bad Trek movies before, but that's the only one that made me feel worse after leaving the theater, like I had really wasted my time. Like it was an hour and a half of my life that I'll never get back. I hate it when that happens.

To me, Star Trek V was bad, but at least there was an attempt to be cinematic and on a bigger scale. Insurrection couldn't even manage to have decent eye-popping special effects to emphasize that Star Trek movies are, y'know, space movies.

The latest Ghostbusters movie.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The 1976 remake of King Kong was an absolute abomination.
    I really dislike this movie... but I don't think it qualifies here. It looks like a professionally shot movie, Rick Baker's Kong suit looks pretty good most of the time (there's some great miniature work in the NYC parts), the miniature sets for the island can be rather bad (they don't really give a sense of place or perspective for Kong), and John Barry's score is actually extremely good (best thing about the movie).

It's a bad movie, but it looks and sounds like a competently handled, big budget movie of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Clone Wars pilot. Don't know what Lucasflim was thinking releasing something obviously made for television in theaters.
    It was a money grab from the studios. Literally. They figured they could slap Star Wars on a poster, throw up some TV episodes that weren't changed at all for theaters, and they'd make an easy $100 million.

Extraordinary Member

I lost all types of respect for Robert DeNiro after Bad Grandpa. Thankfully I didn't see it in theaters but wow.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I lost all types of respect for Robert DeNiro after Bad Grandpa. Thankfully I didn't see it in theaters but wow.
    Bad Granpa was hilarious your thinking of Dirty Granpa

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    I really dislike this movie... but I don't think it qualifies here. It looks like a professionally shot movie,
    You pretty much summed up most of this thread.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Oh I loved that film

The 1976 remake of King Kong was an absolute abomination.
    What about the second one where kong gets a ape girlfriend?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The latest Ghostbusters movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    I really dislike this movie... but I don't think it qualifies here. It looks like a professionally shot movie, Rick Baker's Kong suit looks pretty good most of the time (there's some great miniature work in the NYC parts), the miniature sets for the island can be rather bad (they don't really give a sense of place or perspective for Kong), and John Barry's score is actually extremely good (best thing about the movie).

It's a bad movie, but it looks and sounds like a competently handled, big budget movie of the time.
    That's how I feel about the 2016 Ghostbusters. It's snazzy and flashy and has production values that the 1984/1989 movies could only dream of. But does it hold a candle to the originals? Hell no. It's clearly a big budget cinematic movie. A bad one, but still too cinematic for the thread.

Star Trek Insurrection, though, looks like it was made by the same team behind Voyager but with another $5k to spend. Terrible, terrible movie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Bad Granpa was hilarious your thinking of Dirty Granpa
    Oh yeah bad granpa was Johnny Knoxville waay funnier.