Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hudson Hawk, a Bruce Willis vehicle from 1991. Talk about a wretched mess that, to this day, I still can't understand.
    Sorry West but I love that movie, always good for a laugh and I think that I understand it...

BANNED

I, too, do not get why people are so hard on Hudson Hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Original, singular.
    The original cast and crew couldn't capture lighting on a film reel twice; Ghostbusters 2 and Ghostbusters 2016 are of roughly the same quality IMO.
    Eh, my larger point is that even if one is of the opinion that it's a bad movie, it's still too glossy and too high-production to be mentioned in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Eh, my larger point is that even if one is of the opinion that it's a bad movie, it's still too glossy and too high-production to be mentioned in this thread.
    Yup I agree it is not about if you liked the movie or not, but if it had good enough production to be a theater release vs a straight to home video.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Personally, I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Which is not at all the same as bad.
    Mediocre as hell is not bad.

Retain the rights? WB doing a movie to retain the Superman rights?
    They didn't do it to retain the rights.

I was saying it felt like that kind of movie, called an "ashcan movie."

They are usually rushed through production, low budget, & bad.

Like the 90's Fantastic Four movie.

They did a documentary about the 90's FF movie, i recommend it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Usagi View Post
    Like the 90's Fantastic Four movie.

Or as some FF fans call it, "the good one".

I wonder if you have actually seen Superman Returns.

Highlander 2, and all the other Highlander films after it that did manage to reach the theaters. Cheap, bad and unlike like the first one; completely joyless.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Green Hornet: One great thing about this movie is that the 1960's television show is in no danger whatsoever of losing it's place as the definitive version of the Green Hornet and Kato. The Green Hornet in this movie is worthless in every way including not even having the saving grace of being funny.
    Oh dear; my wife and I actually paid to see this one. Did they actually think it was in anyway worthy before they released it?

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Highlander 2, and all the other Highlander films after it that did manage to reach the theaters. Cheap, bad and unlike like the first one; completely joyless.
    I admit they lack a cinematic look and should had been DTV but I like most of them but agreed none are as good as the original. But 2 is such a WTF and I'm a Michael Ironside fan, 3 would be an ok DTV movie, and I genuinely like Endgame. The Source is just garbage IMO to be watched once just to see the train wreck it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    A film that was a box office hit and got a second movie.

Plus it's Hercules fighting robots on the moon!

A hit? It made $10 million. And that robot was some of the worst FX I've seen. It was a truly bad movie.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 04-21-2018 at 06:38 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The 1998 John Steed, Emma Peel Avengers movie. Thankfully didn't pay for this one. It's as though they took a failed reboot 90's TV series and tried to chop it down into a single film.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I admit they lack a cinematic look and should had been DTV but I like most of them but agreed none are as good as the original. But 2 is such a WTF and I'm a Michael Ironside fan, 3 would be an ok DTV movie, and I genuinely like Endgame. The Source is just garbage IMO to be watched once just to see the train wreck it is.
    All copies of Highlander 2 should be fired into the sun. I haven't seen The Source, but we'll send those DVD's to the same destination.

BANNED

The 1998 John Steed, Emma Peel Avengers movie. Thankfully didn't pay for this one. It's as though they took a failed reboot 90's TV series and tried to chop it down into a single film.
    The main problem was that thetwo leads di not have one iota of chemistry.
    The other problem were was Sean Connery, whom studios were giving way too much power in that period.

And completely contradicted the first one. I wasn't even out of the theater before I thought of "Highlander 2: the Sickening". I thought I was being original but thousands of people were undoubtedly simultaneously thinking of that because it started showing up everywhere.

While there is some truth to this being a list of movies people didn't like, I honestly believe the ones I selected were plain bad movies. I left out plenty that I just personally didn't like. In this case, I loved Roger Ebert's review which said that, in future years, when sci fi fans gather and discuss the worst sci fi movies ever made, this will be one of the first ones that gets mentioned.

I also think there's far more to a "bad" movie than simply a low budget. Sure, stuff like Superman IV should have been straight to video and only got into the theaters because it was a Superman movie with Reeve and Hackman and was assumed to be a quality budget until people actually saw it. But I think a big budget movie that is horrible actually is even more worthy of the "I can't believe this made it to theaters" comment because they have far less excuse.
    Power with Girl is better.