Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Fresh Start for DC ... Fresh Start for WW

Just dropping by to point out this item from Bleeding Cool -- which did call Flashpoint and Convergence long before the official announcements -- in which they're reading the tea leaves and suggesting a fresh start is coming to DC this summer or fall.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...-start-comics/

Dare we hope and dream a fresh start is coming for Wonder Woman in all this?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

We already know Wonder Woman is getting a new creative team after Orlando...

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    We already know Wonder Woman is getting a new creative team after Orlando...
    Yeah, but it'd be cool to know who it is. It could be worse.

Hopefully they'll do some announcements soon and it's an amazing creative team.

I saw another BC article saying that Grant Morrison will be on Green Lantern - so that's kind of big. Especially now since the Source Wall is busted whatever lies behind it needs to be built from scratch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Yeah, but it'd be cool to know who it is. It could be worse.
    Completely unsubstantiated rumor I heard, but possibly Bennett. And it would make sense. Snyder is still the big dog on campus, Bennett is one of his students and both of her books, Bombshells and Batwoman, are ending soon, so she's likely to get a new project.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Completely unsubstantiated rumor I heard, but possibly Bennett. And it would make sense. Snyder is still the big dog on campus, Bennett is one of his students and both of her books, Bombshells and Batwoman, are ending soon, so she's likely to get a new project.
    Not to mention Bennett was planned to takeover for Rebirth before they got Rucka back.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Bennett would be ok I guess, but I would rather Orlando stay on or Seeley take over. Both of them show a willingness to revamp obscure WW villains, which is something I have wanted for ages.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Bennett would be ok I guess, but I would rather Orlando stay on or Seeley take over. Both of them show a willingness to revamp obscure WW villains, which is something I have wanted for ages.
    Seeley already did that with Saturna I really wish his special was longer it just didn't do much to cement the Oddfellows as well their relationships as individuals to Steve well but Saturna is a whole other story I think she probably got the most benefit out of that special. Theoretically though Seeley could be a another possible candidate for writing Wodner Woman as he is leaving Green Lanterns. Orlando didn't exactly do Supergirl and the Justice League of America much well justice.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 04-20-2018 at 10:35 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

whoever it is, I hope they bring their A game. Been sometime since I could honestly say a Wonder Woman book was good. It would be cool if they used her family and gave Diana a characterization that isn't "Warrior woman."

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    whoever it is, I hope they bring their A game. Been sometime since I could honestly say a Wonder Woman book was good. It would be cool if they used her family and gave Diana a characterization that isn't "Warrior woman."
    Bennett used Donna and Cassie in DC Bombshells, for what it's worth.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Bennett would probably turn the WW comic into a slash fan-fiction like her Bombshells series.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bennett used Donna and Cassie in DC Bombshells, for what it's worth.
    She used a lot of people. That gives me hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Bennett would probably turn the WW comic into a slash fan-fiction like her Bombshells series.
    Nothing wrong with that. A franchise like Wonder Woman would actually be great for more LGBT characters.

Spectacular Member

So far we have rumors about Morrison GL, Azzarello SS, KSD AQ, Walker Flash, Friction Jimmy Olsen.
    There's hope they pick a A-List write for WW.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Seeley already did that with Saturna I really wish his special was longer it just didn't do much to cement the Oddfellows as well their relationships as individuals to Steve well but Saturna is a whole other story I think she probably got the most benefit out of that special. Theoretically though Seeley could be a another possible candidate for writing Wodner Woman as he is leaving Green Lanterns. Orlando didn't exactly do Supergirl and the Justice League of America much well justice.
    Bringing back Eviless/Saturna from obscurity (along with Crimson Centipede, which is even more out there) earned him soooooo many brownie points from me. He expressed love for Earth One on Twitter, so he'd definitely be channeling Morrison, who in turn is using Marston and Kanigher as his primary inspirations. Judging by his choice of antagonists for his one shot, I think it's a safe bet he'd be pouring over some Golden and Silver age stories for ideas. Plus, what little we saw of her, his voice for Diana was better than Robinson's.

I love Orlando's Supergirl, but JLA was kind of boring. Still liked it what little I read of it, but wasn't blown away by it either. But his revamp of Aegeus was really solid, and could have worked better for a Wonder Woman or even a Steve and Oddfellows story than it did for a book with JLA in the title.

To be fair, the franchise pretty much is that already....

I think we would probably see a lot of girls (and possibly Diana) kissing each other .