Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Since WW 51 and 52 are fill-ins, i'm guessing that WW relaunches after issue 52? Oh, how DC loves that number!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I hope we learn what the story is fairly soon. I imagine the announcement will come out before the actual August solicits, but not knowing how much sooner is kind of bugging me. I feel like they need a big name like King or Hickman (who is lost the chance to work on the Legion, but I don't think they ever confirmed that DC work in general was off the table...?) to bounce back from Robinson's run.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

have there been any clues or hints or nudgings as to who might be taking over the book after Orlando? Anyone have an idea as to how long Orlando's run is going to last even?

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    have there been any clues or hints or nudgings as to who might be taking over the book after Orlando? Anyone have an idea as to how long Orlando's run is going to last even?
    It that I'm aware of...it seems like they may leave it for an larger announcement, before the Previews for whenever Orlando's issues end.

I wonder if there're still fielding or finalizing creative pitches for where they want the Amazon to head next? I don't know for certain, but I'd guess they'd be working further ahead than that, but I don't have an ear to the ground at DC or the industry.

I know I'll end up being disappointed but I really hope that DC is saving up for a big SDCC announcement. Of course I hoped for that last year too, but they probably didn't expect the WW movie to be the hit that it turned out to be.

Hopefully they'll reward her movie success and give the character a real push with an A-List creative team. Or if the new writer ends up being Marguerite Bennett, then at least team her up with a top notch artist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I hope we learn what the story is fairly soon. I imagine the announcement will come out before the actual August solicits, but not knowing how much sooner is kind of bugging me. I feel like they need a big name like King or Hickman (who is lost the chance to work on the Legion, but I don't think they ever confirmed that DC work in general was off the table...?) to bounce back from Robinson's run.
    I expect some news in 12 days. Wonder Woman is after all not the only book awaiting a new team. Green Lantern, Tec and Suicide Squad are due for new teams themselves.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. From what I've seen, Wilson excels at writing younger female characters. But I'm absolutely willing to give her a chance if she does become the new writer. Wonder Woman doesn't have a great track record with female writers (Simone's run was meh, Finch's run was abysmal... at least De Liz had the fabulous Legend of WW), so if Wilson can change that then I'm all for it!

PLEASE let this be true. I guess some would worry that she only knows how to right young girls like Kamala and gang but she also wrote AIR and I thought that was pretty good. She's definitely a writer that can get the themes of a Wonder Woman book right.

I, sadly, haven't read any of Ms. Marvel, but I did read her Vixen mini - which was okay. I didn't have an issue with her writing at all, I just didn't enjoy the plot of the story. (The JLA direction of Vixen was good, I liked the mix of her being a donor and all, but could use a little bit more action/adventure in her life as a celebrity and model - the one model character out that seemingly hundreds of superheroines with careers as models, that I'd like to see played up more in a superhero world. But I digress...)

Anyway, I'd definitely let her have a shot at writing Diana and building out her world.

I wonder if Geoff Johns's transitions at DC will give Wilson any liberty to depart from Dark Gods and (please oh please oh please) the dumbass Jason business.

(And maybe rescue Donna Troy from the hell being imposed on her over in the Titans book, too?)

Quote Originally Posted by Vaffrey View Post
    I wonder if Geoff Johns's transitions at DC will give Wilson any liberty to depart from Dark Gods and (please oh please oh please) the dumbass Jason business.

(And maybe rescue Donna Troy from the hell being imposed on her over in the Titans book, too?)
    That would be a dream, but I'd guess Titans has control of Donna now despite first appearing in Wonder Woman during the Finches run.