Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I can see Singularity Jain showing up if he does an outer space story, but I can also see her being used alongside some stuff like Suprema, Desira or Astarte.

Kara mentions to Lar-On that she met Bar-El and Lilo, and the issue where Super-Man and I-Ching help her find her spiritual center or whatever shows her imagining herself in a pose similar to the last scene we see of All-Star Superman (working on a machine in the sun). Also, another Morrison reference in that Selena is recruited by Emerald Empress while she is in Klarion's home town.

Aside from the presence of the DEO and Cat Grant, what else was taken from the show? It seems like Orlando took stuff from all over the map. I've never watched the show, do Dr. Xa-Du, Magog, Cyborg Zor-El, Emerald Empress, Solomon Grundy etc. all show up in it?
    Solomon Grundy is actually on Gotham (being a Batman villain and what not). But I don't think the others have popped up anywhere.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Whatever happens in this "Fresh Start" I just hope it doesn't take Wonder Woman in a "bold new direction" ala JMS or Azzarello. So my "Please Hera, no" list for writers includes:

JMS
    Azzarello
    Miller
    Tomasi
    Fontana
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Whatever happens in this "Fresh Start" I just hope it doesn't take Wonder Woman in a "bold new direction" ala JMS or Azzarello. So my "Please Hera, no" list for writers includes:

JMS
    Azzarello
    Miller
    Tomasi
    Fontana
    Why Fontana? She seemed to stay in line with what Rucka did in Rebirth.

Fantastic Member

I would like Manapaul to write Wonder Woman I really enjoyed how he wrote her in Trinity. And if he draws it too even better.

Dc certainly needs a new direction for Diana. I dropped the book during Fontana's run and picked up an issue the other day and certainly felt even less regret about my decision to drop the book. I think Bennett would be a disaster for the book. Everything she writes turns into her own personal wish fulfillment rather than anything that actually matches up with a characters history. Not sure if she is marvel exclusive or not but I think Chelsea Cain who wrote Mockingbird for marvel would be a good choice for WW. I know she made some controversial decisions with that book but I saw that more as a product of trying to build up a c lister like mockingbird, I think she would do much better with a A list character like Diana. I also think Amy Chu would do well with Diana, she has done an excellent job with the current Red Sonja run(although that is all I have read of hers). Way outside the box choice for me would be Tom Taylor. I know he has written a terrible Diana for Injustice but that seems to be more of a video game plot required characterization as opposed to something he actually feels about Diana. He did a pretty good job on All new wolverine and I think he could do well with Diana.

The home run pick for Diana would be if for some reason Johns decided to come back to comics full time and wrote Diana. After Darkseid War, the idea of a Johns/Fabok run on WW would be amazing.
    Last edited by regg215; 04-21-2018 at 08:22 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    I would like Manapaul to write Wonder Woman I really enjoyed how he wrote her in Trinity. And if he draws it too even better.
    I'd rather he just finish Aquaman Earth one right now.

If Gleason weren't on Action Comics, I'd love it if he and Tomasi did a Wonder Woman book. They already did Batman and Robin and Superman books, a Wonder Woman book where they introduced a new kid sidekick would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'd rather he just finish Aquaman Earth one right now.

If Gleason weren't on Action Comics, I'd love it if he and Tomasi did a Wonder Woman book. They already did Batman and Robin and Superman books, a Wonder Woman book where they introduced a new kid sidekick would be great.
    How would it even works for Diana ? I mean, if they keep their pattern, it would be a blood child, right ? So, barring time shenanigans, I've a hard time seeing Diana as a mother. Then again, they never created the Super Sons, so I guess another writer would need to do it first, and then they would take this hypothetical new sidekick in a cool direction.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    How would it even works for Diana ? I mean, if they keep their pattern, it would be a blood child, right ? So, barring time shenanigans, I've a hard time seeing Diana as a mother. Then again, they never created the Super Sons, so I guess another writer would need to do it first, and then they would take this hypothetical new sidekick in a cool direction.
    I always had the idea that when Diana and Steve wanted a child they would shape it out of clay and both prick their fingers and add their blood to the clay to make a child born of both of them. And if the child is made out of clay, they could make the child any age they want.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

If you read some of what happened in Justice League in Wonder Woman Post-Crisis Diana is great with children so why not huh?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I don't doubt it, but they can't just add a child out of thin air, like they did for Jon Kent or Damian Wayne. or well, they could, but it would be terribly messy...

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I don't doubt it, but they can't just add a child out of thin air, like they did for Jon Kent or Damian Wayne. or well, they could, but it would be terribly messy...
    They just have to plan it well and think it through if they want it to happen. Maybe cause it to happen from what Liam Sharp was doing in the first issue of Brave and the Bold but that's too sudden.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    Dc certainly needs a new direction for Diana. I dropped the book during Fontana's run and picked up an issue the other day and certainly felt even less regret about my decision to drop the book. I think Bennett would be a disaster for the book. Everything she writes turns into her own personal wish fulfillment rather than anything that actually matches up with a characters history. Not sure if she is marvel exclusive or not but I think Chelsea Cain who wrote Mockingbird for marvel would be a good choice for WW. I know she made some controversial decisions with that book but I saw that more as a product of trying to build up a c lister like mockingbird, I think she would do much better with a A list character like Diana. I also think Amy Chu would do well with Diana, she has done an excellent job with the current Red Sonja run(although that is all I have read of hers). Way outside the box choice for me would be Tom Taylor. I know he has written a terrible Diana for Injustice but that seems to be more of a video game plot required characterization as opposed to something he actually feels about Diana. He did a pretty good job on All new wolverine and I think he could do well with Diana.

The home run pick for Diana would be if for some reason Johns decided to come back to comics full time and wrote Diana. After Darkseid War, the idea of a Johns/Fabok run on WW would be amazing.
    Diana has never benefited from being written by Johns. None of the Wonder Woman characters have. And it's odd to criticize Bennett for substituting her own wish fulfillment for a character's history when this is what Johns has been doing since his Green lantern run. Hell, two of the biggest sources of agony in the current run, Grail and Jason, are his brain children.

The most flattering thing I can say about Darkseid War is that Diana got so little focus that Johns couldn't butcher her like he did the previous times he wrote her.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Why Fontana? She seemed to stay in line with what Rucka did in Rebirth.

That's true, she did but she did it in a way that I thought was a huge waste. While she brought back Mayfly(one of the least popular Wonder-rogues), most of the other villains in her story were brand new and seemed like copies of other Wonder-rogues that could have been used instead(i.e. Catseye/Cheetah). I also didn't like that she had Cheshire present Diana with the amount of difficulty that she did. Cheshire has no powers, special weapons, etc. Diana should have been able to take her out in less than 30 seconds. Cheshire is a great villain for Arsenal, Nightwing, or Batman but not Diana. While Fontana didn't take Diana in a bold, new direction, it was a very boring one IMO.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    I always had the idea that when Diana and Steve wanted a child they would shape it out of clay and both prick their fingers and add their blood to the clay to make a child born of both of them. And if the child is made out of clay, they could make the child any age they want.
    Diana and Steve making child out of clay sounds like a great idea.

I just don't think Diana and Steve had their own relationship fleshed out enough to accommodate a kid. At least Clark and Lois were married for a long time. Steve was off the table as even a plausible love interest for the Wonder Woman for 25 years. Their entire dynamic has to be rebuilt. I don't think you put a kid into that scenario when they're not even close to firmly establishing it yet. Copying Superman here I think would be a bad move right now. I'd say they'd need to build up her relationship for at least a few more years if they even wanted to get her married as well. But that's at least a closer goal in my mind.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El