Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm honestly kind of wondering if this will ever see the light of day at this point. Shame to, because it's the most likely place we could have seen Queen Clea. I wonder if she's being "held hostage" by this story being in development hell?

With Johns, I wouldn't know what to expect. Doomsday Clock is the best thing he's written in ages, but the delays are having a detrimental effect on a lot of things. I generally love a lot of his ideas, but Grail and Jason were duds, so I have to wonder if any other additions to the WW mythos he made would end up the same.
    Well like you said I wouldn't know what to expect either but if Queen Clea is used in Rise of the Seven Seas. I wonder whether that would make her a member of Aquaman's territory not Diana's any longer? Grail and Jason could ahve been done right if the writer at the helm was better Grail has been severely mischaracterised under Robinson who probably misunderstood a lot of her character. Jason was a blank slate but Robinson writes him like as though I can't come up with a clear characterisation for him.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Each of the JL members were supposed to have an archenemy in the seven kings, so most people assumed Clea would be Diana's. That would still make her a WW foe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Each of the JL members were supposed to have an archenemy in the seven kings, so most people assumed Clea would be Diana's. That would still make her a WW foe.
    Wow okay that does make sense now and why everyone thought Clea would be in Rise of the Seven Seas instead of an original character. This is a weird thing to say but I assume Aquaman doesn't have an enemy among the seven kings because he's supposed to be a king of the sea, right?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    I always had the idea that when Diana and Steve wanted a child they would shape it out of clay and both prick their fingers and add their blood to the clay to make a child born of both of them. And if the child is made out of clay, they could make the child any age they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Diana and Steve making child out of clay sounds like a great idea.
    I can picture it...

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I can picture it...

Oh my, that's hilarious! Good job there!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    While I agree that Finch's Dr. Poison and Aegeus were disappointments, Robinson's Silver Swan was more of a lasting threat than either the First Born or Cassandra IMO. The latter two seemed very generic and one note to me with little possibilities for future stories.
    I didn't hate the Silver Swan story. It's the best (or least bad, read it as you want) Robinson has written. Sure, he butchered WW's lore and the Kapatelis history, but it was Rebirth after all. For me it was him trying to do some reinvention just like Rucka did so amazingly. I underline the trying part. But it was the most sympathetic thing he did story-wise.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I can picture it...

I like Wonder Woman with short hair - much more practical when fighting evil villains!

What would you guys think about Neil Gaiman writing Wonder Woman?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderSpace View Post
    What would you guys think about Neil Gaiman writing Wonder Woman?
    I think we would get an utterly amazing story, but I also think it would be set almost exclusively within the confines of mythology and leave out more of the super-hero aspect many (of us) are wanting her to get back to in her own title. Would I complain? Not for a minute, but I would miss the super-hero aspects quite a lot.

I'm not a fan of Gaiman (long story and utterly irrelevant to this discussion; he is also likely out of DC's budget, unless he wants to write a Wonder Woman story). That said, Gaiman is one of those authors who not only knows mythology but understands it as psychology and human relations.

To me, the issue with Wonder Woman is that no matter which type of story is told, she relates to little to the people around her. With Gaiman, you'd get that in spades.

Why hasn't any writer thought about revamping and bringing back Villainy Inc. with Dr. Psycho? It could kind of be like her own Arkham Asylum in a way. Not everything has to be mythological with WW.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greymoon View Post
    Why hasn't any writer thought about revamping and bringing back Villainy Inc. with Dr. Psycho? It could kind of be like her own Arkham Asylum in a way. Not everything has to be mythological with WW.

I totally agree. Superman doesn't only fight Kryptonians or aliens. He has several non-alien foes such as Luthor, Metallo, Silver Banshee,Toyman, Bizarro, Master Jailer, Livewire, Volcano, and the Prankster. With Wonder Woman, it seems that most writers just want to pit her against old gods, New Gods, Irish gods, dark multiverse gods, or other mythological menaces or generic monsters. This to me, takes away some of the superhero-ness of the character. I get that WW has mythological roots and should encounter mythologically-based beings from time to time but when that's the majority of her cast/adversaries is when I start to lose interest. I think a good Wonder Woman run is comprised of 70% super heroics and 30% mythology. Wonder Woman, while Greek mythology inspired, is an original DC character and her book should be treated as such just like Superman's, Batman's, Green Lantern's, Flash's, etc.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 04-25-2018 at 07:39 AM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

We should just have fun, adventure stories. Ignore all those stupid trappings about not being able to get to Amazon Island (which will likley be resolved by Robinsons' run anyhow) that Rucka mined the franchise with.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by greymoon View Post
    Veronica Cale seems to be steadily building up Villainy Inc actually. While that job was Queen Clea's she has been responsible for so many of Dian's villains it would be the height of stupidity to not make Godwatch into a revamped Villainy Inc. Villainy Inc really looks like the Flash's Rogues come to think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I totally agree. Superman doesn't only fight Kryptonians or aliens. He has several non-alien foes such as Luthor, Metallo, Silver Banshee,Toyman, Bizarro, Master Jailer, Livewire, Volcano, and the Prankster. With Wonder Woman, it seems that most writers just want to pit her against old gods, New Gods, Irish gods, dark multiverse gods, or other mythological menaces or generic monsters. This to me, takes away some of the superhero-ness of the character. I get that WW has mythological roots and should encounter mythologically-based beings from time to time but when that's the majority of her cast/adversaries is when I start to lose interest. I think a good Wonder Woman run is comprised of 70% super heroics and 30% mythology. Wonder Woman, while Greek mythology inspired, is an original DC character and her book should be treated as such just like Superman's, Batman's, Green Lantern's, Flash's, etc.
    I agree. I think it's just that DC never really took the time to flesh out her foes and her part of the verse consistently. Another reason why I didn't like the Azzarello run is because it was way too mythology inspired. It felt like it was a rerun of old myths. WW has many non-mythological villains but they never get used that often. It was nice to see Silver Swan come back in Robinson's arc at least.

And nevermind. Reform Island debuted way before Arkham Asylum.