Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Jason diana's brother.

I was thinking if Jason sticks around what would be a code name for him .I was at the Comic book store yesterday and came across an book titled.Guy Gardner WARRIOR.so it got me to thinking that it would be a great code name for him if DC decide to do anything with him.i personally like Jason and would love to see him hang around for awhile.maybe as an OUTSIDER or a member of the new JSA book.theirs so many stories to be told with this character and maybe just maybe have connections to other characters such as Cassie and Artemis or even help fix the MESS.DC has made with Donna Troy.i would make him Donna's Father.JASON TROY.just something to think about.

Another tough naming....maybe Warrior, Troy, Wonder Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I’m sure DC would love to give him the last one, but Marvel owns that name.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

...The Argonaut. Lazy, I know.

Wonder Wind...lol.

I kind of hope Jason retires, but I guess I could deal with Wonder Warrior. (Although I don't really see him as living up to walking the path of a warrior.)

I kind of hope Doctor Psycho reanimates an adversarial Captain Wonder sometime too.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    ...The Argonaut. Lazy, I know.
    I could get behind this name.

Jason has really grown on me with recent issues. He hasn't quite made a name for himself just yet. It's still early in his history, though. The full impact of his presence hasn't really been fleshed out yet. I think with time, though, he could carve a place for himself in Wonder Woman's world.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Just had this HORRIBLE thought...

After earning his bloody Wonder-eagle insignia, Jason, already being the captain of a Greek fishing ship, ..somehow, winds up 'Captain Wonder'. My God...that'd be awful! With his Greek myth-inspired backstory and lightning powers, he's practically 'Captain Marvel Junior', already! Yes, yes...technically, he's already a 'captain', but can't we do a little better? Maybe, having 'captain' in the name makes him seem like Shazam Lite. Maybe, he needs a name that distinguishes him, among the Wonders, also, ..like FURY does.

I have a feeling that, with the Golden Fleece and Global Guardians references (the original Olympian, the Wild Huntsman, the GG Headquarters in Europe) in James Robinson's story, that he's already got 'Olympian' in mind for Jason. In WW #35, Jason saves the current Olympian from a beating, at the hands of a Greek super-villain, ..Minotaurus. That gives me the idea that the Olympian (Aristos-somebody) may be retiring the fleece to Jason, in the near future. If Jason will be replacing Aristos, as Greece's champion on the Global Guardians, ..I could live with it! He could do a lot worse. As a codie, I think 'the Olympian' is boring as hell, but guess I could live with that, too. [Please look up 'Global Guardians', if you're new to DC Comics.]

With his decidedly Greek ethnicity - not ancient Greek, but, modern Greek - could some DC exec or celeb writer have Jason, son of Argonauts and Amazons, in mind for a NEW Justice League Europe? Again...he could do worse.

I like 'Argonaut'.

Had a storm-riding Argonaut, who happened to be Wonder Woman's brother, come along, when I was a boy, he might have been my favorite superhero. Imagine the copy! "As his mythical forebears once sailed the ancient, savage seas, so Jason, brother of the Amazing Amazon, sails and commands the fierce winds, ..as the ARGONAUT!" That's how DC Comics used to open a comic book story, and I can imagine that might have been how his stories might have opened, way back in the Silver Age! 'Argonaut' sounds scrappy and masculine, ..and I like it better, than 'Wonderstorm', which seems frighteningly easy, with all those 'Stormy' powers.

I actually like him not having 'Wonder' in his codename. There's always 'Mister Wonder', if we're made to suffer him, a Wonder-anything.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-21-2018 at 04:18 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Astonishing Member

Warrior was Guy Gardner's alter ego back in the 90's when he discovered he had alien shapeshifting abilities.

Argonaut works well for Jason. Doesn't sound like a cheesy Silver Age name, yet still leaves Diana as the Wonder of the family. Not to mention, it does come from his namesake.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Argonaut works well for Jason. Doesn't sound like a cheesy Silver Age name, yet still leaves Diana as the Wonder of the family. Not to mention, it does come from his namesake.
    And Wonder Girl doesn't count?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Could DC Comics be that pressed to keep a superhero, named 'Olympian', in circulation? Somehow, I doubt it.

I'm beginning to think that, even if he replaces the current Olympian (last seen in WW #35) on the Global Guardians, there's really no reason that it couldn't be under another superhero codename. All he has to do is replace him, as the Guardian's superhero representative of Greece. The name doesn't matter, so long, as DC keeps it in publication, somewhere in their comics. Considering all of that, 'Argonaut' sounds cool, but, 'Captain Wonder'...is better, than 'Wonderstorm'? LOL

Any-thi-iinng is better, than 'Wonderstorm'.

Jason actually looks pretty superheroic, in a golden belt with a 'W' on it. Take my word on that.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-23-2018 at 01:08 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Well even the (CHAMPION) would work even though HERCULES used that in the JOHN BYRNE era.

I really like Champion!

I really don't like Argonaut at all.

I believe we have a hit name with Champion!

I really like Champion!

I really don't like Argonaut at all.

I believe we have a hit name with Champion!
    I'm going to take a wild guess that he's already been named 'Wonder Man'.

Consider the stylized 'W' topping the 'M' on his pteryges AND how James has gone out of his way to highlight his Storm-like powers. Consider also that James already told us he didn't want to give us a 'male Wonder Woman'. It looks like DC Comics is making it very easy for us to distinguish their prospective 'Wonder man' from Marvel's Wonder Man, ..who's basically a super-brawler.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-24-2018 at 05:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Getdahellouttahere Boy.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor