Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Why does he exist again?

Quote Originally Posted by greymoon View Post
    Why does he exist again?
    Johns wanting to leave his mark on the franchise. I doubt he’ll stick around for long to be honest, unless Johns actually writes him.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greymoon View Post
    Why does he exist again?
    Everyother dc character that is a big name male has a female counter. Supergirl and powergirl. Batgirl, Bateman, female red arrow, etc. Diana has only had female helpers, and it's a twist to see a male inspired by a female. So why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Everyother dc character that is a big name male has a female counter. Supergirl and powergirl. Batgirl, Bateman, female red arrow, etc. Diana has only had female helpers, and it's a twist to see a male inspired by a female. So why not?
    Like so much in this run, it's a solid concept that was just poorly executed, imo.

To be honest much of Diana's female supporting cast like Cassie or Donna had magical connections like Donna getting training by the Amazons and now the clay origin. With Cassie demi-goddess. Why couldn't Jason have been a regular boy?

Fantastic Member

I do not mind Jason and his code name being olympian is a good one. Though this arc would have been better if it was about Hippolyta finding her son not his sister it would have had greater emotional impact and the story would have flowed better and made sense more.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I too want a wonder powered male character in Wonder Woman since everyone has opposite gender counterparts.
    It doesn't have to be a brother though.
    If it's up to me, I'd like it if he's the son of an Amazon out of the island. Antiope maybe.

Is Antiope still alive? I thought she was still with the Banas. Do the Banas have immortality?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

No... that's just a random example. I have no idea where Antiope went in Rebirth and just assume they're all immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I too want a wonder powered male character in Wonder Woman since everyone has opposite gender counterparts.
    It doesn't have to be a brother though.
    If it's up to me, I'd like it if he's the son of an Amazon out of the island. Antiope maybe.
    Yeah. On quora (an ask and answer website), I actually came across a question wondering, along the lines, if the Justice League was replaced with their opposite gender counterparts, who would they be, Diana was the one that really didn't have one.

Batman has Batwoman and even Batgirl. Superman with Supergirl and Powergirl. Aquaman with Mera. Hawkwoman with Hawkman (or vice versa, depending on the version), Jessica Cruz for *insert male Green Lantern* and vice versa, M'gann for J'onn (White Martian, I know, but basically same powerset), Flash with Jessie Quick, etc.

But Diana really has only ever had female counterparts. No male ones, whereas all other major DC characters has a gender opposite counterpart in their mythos.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah. On quora (an ask and answer website), I actually came across a question wondering, along the lines, if the Justice League was replaced with their opposite gender counterparts, who would they be, Diana was the one that really didn't have one.

Batman has Batwoman and even Batgirl. Superman with Supergirl and Powergirl. Aquaman with Mera. Hawkwoman with Hawkman (or vice versa, depending on the version), Jessica Cruz for *insert male Green Lantern* and vice versa, M'gann for J'onn (White Martian, I know, but basically same powerset), Flash with Jessie Quick, etc.

But Diana really has only ever had female counterparts. No male ones, whereas all other major DC characters has a gender opposite counterpart in their mythos.
    Which is kind of sad because men look up to Diana. I would think that having Jason around could maybe get some people to puck up the book and hang on.

Also, maybe Jason may come to be liked as much as Damian. I actually Luke the idea of Diana having a family connection as it makes her different that her trinity partners. Both sups and bats were solo kids. Having her have a brother sets her apart in a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    I do not mind Jason and his code name being olympian is a good one. Though this arc would have been better if it was about Hippolyta finding her son not his sister it would have had greater emotional impact and the story would have flowed better and made sense more.
    I was so sure that Jason - with so many references to Argonauts and Global Guardians in this last arc - would be joining the Global Guardians, as a new (3rd) Olympian, ..but no longer think it will happen. Jason's blue pteryges (or battle-skirt) having a gold 'W' positioned atop an 'M', also in gold, suggests that DC might be going ..with 'Wonder Man'. Look at those pteryges again, from the front and the sides, at what appear to be X'es. The W and the M - they're definitely there.

Jason is more of a male Storm, than a male Wonder Woman; in interview, James Robinson promised he would not be a male Wonder Woman. His power-set and myth/magic background distinguish him enough from Marvel's Wonder Man that making a copyright infringement case against DC could be too much of a challenge for Marvel. If DC wanted to run with Wonder Man, I think they could totally get away with it...

And maybe, it's payback for what Marvel's done ..with Captain Marvel.

I think some of us were hoping for 'Argonaut', but, maybe, it's time for Wonder Man. There's Supergirl, Batgirl, Spider-Woman...why not a Wonder Man?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-06-2018 at 05:46 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I'm unimpressed by Jason and his Zephyr-y power set. Bring back Achilles Warkiller. At least he had a three-eyed flying elephant.

Achilles was scrappier. I liked that about him, ..and the three-eyed elephant was kinda' cool.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Achilles was scrappier. I liked that about him, ..and the three-eyed elephant was kinda' cool.
    Much better than a Batwing airplane IMHO.