Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default The Flash #45 Discussion/Spoilers

So, I think this is too important an issue to not have a discussion thread about. Very big issue. And be warned, this thread may contain spoilers, so those who haven't read it yet and don't want to be spoiled should probably read the issue before entering here.

Anyway I love the ending.

spoilers:
    Wally now has his complete memories of Pre-Flashpoint back. Iris herself remembers Pre-Flashpoint and actually was the one who helped Wally regain his full memories. We see that Wally remembers his life as KF and Flash, marrying Linda, Bart Allen, and of course the New Teen Titans, etc. So, that begs the question: if Iris is now also regaining memories of Pre-Flashpoint, does that mean she might now remember that she and Barry are married?
    end of spoilers

Discuss!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    So, I think this is too important an issue to not have a discussion thread about. So, very big issue. And be warned, this thread may contain spoilers, so those who haven't read it yet and don't want to be spoiled should probably read before entering here.

Anyway I love the ending.

spoilers:
    Wally now has his complete memories of Pre-Flashpoint back. Iris herself remembers Pre-Flashpoint and actually was the one who helped Wally regain his full memories. We see that Wally remembers his life as KF and Flash, marrying Linda, Bart Allen, and of course the New Teen Titans, etc.). So, that begs the question: if Iris is now also regaining memories of Pre-Flashpoint, does that mean she might now remember that she and Barry are married?
    end of spoilers

Discuss!
    It certainly raises a number of questions going forward. And not that long ago, Superman and Wally had a little talk about both being "strangers" on "this Earth" as well. Not sure if Supes remembers that or not.

But now, with Wally remembering everything from pre-Flashpoint, including his family, Bart, everyone, I'm thinking he wants Barry to answer for royally screwing with the timeline by creating Flashpoint in the first place. Hence, Flash War.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh now we're getting somewhere. I hope that Wally does stay here once he's out of Titans and continue the main plot of fixing the timeline.

I'm not sure if he's going to be that angry at Barry since DCU Rebirth #1 established that he knows there's something else out there messing things up and he doesn't blame Barry. Different writer, though.

Between The Button and the current event, has Barry or Wally have been dealing with Manhattan or is there any tease related to that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

I'm not sure if he's going to be that angry at Barry since DCU Rebirth #1 established that he knows there's something else out there messing things up and he doesn't blame Barry. Different writer, though.
    More importantly than it being a different writer, Wally now knows exactly how much he lost. Barry still harbors some responsibility for what happened and from the sound of the solicits, he's gonna be trying to stop Wally's attempts to set things right.

Always Rakzo

Well, is pretty much the classic good Wiliamson stuff. Knew that this was going to be the direction he was gonna take and I'm glad this is already happening.

Flash War should be exciting.

I'd have to re-read it, but I'm pretty sure Williamson's Rebirth issue or Flash #1 had a panel-for-panel recreation of the Rebirth sequence with Barry and Wally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    More importantly than it being a different writer, Wally now knows exactly how much he lost. Barry still harbors some responsibility for what happened and from the sound of the solicits, he's gonna be trying to stop Wally's attempts to set things right.
    It's The Flash season 3 all over again .

I would like to think Willimason will come up for a better excuse for Barry to oppose Wally then denying Wally his family back, because there's no way he would come off well otherwise.

Incredible Member

That final splash page...I know the colourist on this book has been a bit weird at times with Wally's current costume (usually by colouring it all one shade, with a white-backed rather than "hollow" symbol, mostly), but what's the Kid Flash in the bottom left meant to be? It looks like it's drawn as Wally's KF costume but with #trunks rather than trousers. Also, they completely botched Kyle's costume in the wedding flashback. [Would be nice if we saw Wally & Kyle sharing panel time, incidentally...]

https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...43717658128384

I'd say he looks pretty angry, myself. (Really, he should switch to the classic Flash suit in that scene - since, unlike Barry, he's using a Speed Force costume - yeah, it would be hell for the artist to differentiate the two, but it would be a visual shorthand for where he was before Barry came back and ruined everything for him - his wife doesn't remember him, his kids don't exist and his friends were split between both categories. Even if Barry didn't actually *do* it, he *enabled* it. Just how many people did Barry let Pandora/Manhattan/etc not merely kill, but *uncreate*?)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would like to think Willimason will come up for a better excuse for Barry to oppose Wally then denying Wally his family back, because there's no way he would come off well otherwise.
    Can't be *just* the kids (and Linda's memories) that are going to be brought up - Iris says "everyone else", which implies a significantly wider group. [Bart is obvious if she also has all her pre-Flashpoint memories, being her grandson she took care of *and* specifically on the "remembering" splash. But even three (four counting Linda), all of whom are close family yet, is kind of an odd use for such an all-encompassing phrase.] Who else might she be referring to, since it's not as if she was particularly close to most of the rest of the post-Crisis/ZH "Flash Family" (Jay, Quicks, Max, etc)
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 04-25-2018 at 01:33 PM.

Wally remembers Irey and Jai too?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Aww I wonder if we will see more Meena, Avery and Godspeed in the future?

I like Barry and Iris together! They are pretty cute! Wonder if they will get married again!

Twist at the end - exciting! Flash war should be good! Love Williamson never really read flash before him

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    I'd say he looks pretty angry, myself. (Really, he should switch to the classic Flash suit in that scene - since, unlike Barry, he's using a Speed Force costume - yeah, it would be hell for the artist to differentiate the two, but it would be a visual shorthand for where he was before Barry came back and ruined everything for him - his wife doesn't remember him, his kids don't exist and his friends were split between both categories. Even if Barry didn't actually *do* it, he *enabled* it. Just how many people did Barry let Pandora/Manhattan/etc not merely kill, but *uncreate*?)
    Unless Nora Allen's death, which arguably set everything off, was what Manhattan ultimately used to set everything off, using Thawne as the means.

Everything seems to come apart starting from when Thawne murdered Nora. Barry tries to fix it and then all the domines start to fall until we reach Flashpoint and the New 52.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Wally remembers Irey and Jai too?
    He did say "Everything".

Incredible Member

I'm so happy for Iris and Wally´s reunion. And not having the "spark moment" that made the Titans remember Wally also happening to Iris made the situation more heartbreaking, we didn't know if she will remember him.

And I have finally read all Wally's Flash series, from 0-247. I'm exciting because I could identify all the moments from Wally's memories, except that one where a Flash was running alongside with a Kid Flash wearing a weird suit

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    He did say "Everything".
    True. But it's odd that that wasn't specifically called out in the flashbacks - we had Bart (first appearance?), Wally & Linda's wedding, etc,... but not them.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    And not having the "spark moment" that made the Titans remember Wally also happening to Iris made the situation more heartbreaking, we didn't know if she will remember him.
    Didn't have one with Magenta in the Annual either, which was also by Williamson.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    And I have finally read all Wally's Flash series, from 0-247. I'm exciting because I could identify all the moments from Wally's memories, except that one where a Flash was running alongside with a Kid Flash wearing a weird suit
    I'm looking at that again... on the one hand, Kid Flash looks like a miscoloured Wally, given the big lightning bolt on the chest with no circle. But the Flash is *also* Wally - that's his single-jog chest symbol from Johns' Flash: Rebirth, even if it's accompanied by a more traditional cowl. Unseen Wally/Wally team-up?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    That final splash page...I know the colourist on this book has been a bit weird at times with Wally's current costume (usually by colouring it all one shade, with a white-backed rather than "hollow" symbol, mostly), but what's the Kid Flash in the bottom left meant to be? It looks like it's drawn as Wally's KF costume but with #trunks rather than trousers. Also, they completely botched Kyle's costume in the wedding flashback. [Would be nice if we saw Wally & Kyle sharing panel time, incidentally...]

https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...43717658128384

Can't be *just* the kids (and Linda's memories) that are going to be brought up - Iris says "everyone else", which implies a significantly wider group. [Bart is obvious if she also has all her pre-Flashpoint memories, being her grandson she took care of *and* specifically on the "remembering" splash. But even three (four counting Linda), all of whom are close family yet, is kind of an odd use for such an all-encompassing phrase.] Who else might she be referring to, since it's not as if she was particularly close to most of the rest of the post-Crisis/ZH "Flash Family" (Jay, Quicks, Max, etc)
    Oh yeah, that's pretty angry. ^^

...Hey did he forget about Dr. Manhattan when his memory of flaspoint was lost?

Oh yeah, that's pretty angry. ^^

...Hey did he forget about Dr. Manhattan when his memory of flaspoint was lost?
    Well, Barry created Flashpoint in the first place. And at the time, Wally said he was having trouble remembering everything. Now?

Now he realizes just how much he lost because of that.