Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default It Seems A "Fresh Start" Is Coming...

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...-start-comics/

The article suggests it's a course correction based on the strength of what they're seeing from the Ink and Zoom labels, coupled with the flop of the New Age of Heroes

Astonishing Member

I just read this. wow.

I guess I'm numb to these sorts of things now...or maybe just jaded.

I cannot even guess what DC would think would be good changes this time around.

BANNED

So Johns is delaying Legion and JSA, and is depriving DC of the revenue from their sales.

He needs to have a really good reason for doing that, doesn't he? I wonder what it could be, and why the higher-ups are going along with it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    So Johns is delaying Legion and JSA, and is depriving DC of the revenue from their sales.

He needs to have a really good reason for doing that, doesn't he? I wonder what it could be, and why the higher-ups are going along with it.
    Johns is the higher ups.

I would have a hard time believing it, considering that Rebirth was basically the Fresh Start (or more accurately, Marvel Fresh Start has been its attempt at Rebirth. Or was it Legacy, I'm confused...).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Johns is the higher ups.
    He's not at the very top. He can be overruled.

Old news, tbh.

Bleeding Edge for Nightwing, a new team and new mission. Batwedding and post-Wedding stories, i.e. DickBats. New Justice books, from Titans to Hawkman to what looks like a new Outsiders book. Bendis on Super-stuff. New Harley Quinn team and direction. New Green Arrow team and direction. Post-Flash War stuff in Flash. Jurgens on Green Lanterns. New Wonder Woman team in August. New Batgirl team in August. New 'Tec team soon. New Supergirl book according to DC Nation #2. And again, the entire idea of there being a DC Nation book fits in here.

Only new thing we've learned is Morrison on a GL book, which fits right in as either the new writer on HJGLC after #50, or a relaunch which fits since John Stewart is with the JL now.

Also that there might be a shakeup with the New Age of DC Heroes books I guess, but that's to be expected after how they flopped.

Only books left alone so far are Red Hood and the Outlaws and Suicide Squad from what I can tell.
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 04-20-2018 at 08:38 AM.

Incredible Member

I don't see that the "New Age" books will so much be retooled as cancelled. Once a book has flopped, it's pretty hard to turn it around. Only downright intransigence on their part will keep them going. (Well, Terrifics might - Comichron has #2 at 34.5k, which seems like it might settle at a salvagable number in the mid/high-20s. But it can lose the branding and just become standard DCU)

LSH hasn't sold well in years - it was cancelled for a reason. JSA has been off the table since pre-N52 - it also needs a "splash" to get attention.

There's his reasons. The fact that it may have lost them a Hickman LSH, for instance, is, well...

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I would have a hard time believing it, considering that Rebirth was basically the Fresh Start (or more accurately, Marvel Fresh Start has been its attempt at Rebirth. Or was it Legacy, I'm confused...).
    The double-shipping Rebirth books are hitting DC's #52 issue itch.
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 04-20-2018 at 08:46 AM.

I take it back, Brian Azzarello is on Suicide Squad now, which again makes sense as that title has been running on fumes.

So I really think the only remaining title to be untouched is RHatO.

Extraordinary Member

Not everything is measured by how much short term gain we can get out of it. Some things can and should be well thought out and meticulously planned instead of being rushed and poorly executed. We've seen what happens when its more of the latter instead of the former. So, if Johns has plans for the Legion and the JSA in the time shenanigans of Rebirth and Doomsday Clock, then I'm fine with waiting to get series for them until we sort it all out. I'd rather have the real JSA than some hackneyed "equivalents" without their full history in the DCU that are only going to be rebooted once Rebirth/Doomsday Clock wraps up. And, the Legion characters are more than likely going to play a big part of Doomsday Clock, so waiting on them is okay by me too because of the same logic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Not everything is measured by how much short term gain we can get out of it. Some things can and should be well thought out and meticulously planned instead of being rushed and poorly executed. We've seen what happens when its more of the latter instead of the former. So, if Johns has plans for the Legion and the JSA in the time shenanigans of Rebirth and Doomsday Clock, then I'm fine with waiting to get series for them until we sort it all out. I'd rather have the real JSA than some hackneyed "equivalents" without their full history in the DCU that are only going to be rebooted once Rebirth/Doomsday Clock wraps up. And, the Legion characters are more than likely going to play a big part of Doomsday Clock, so waiting on them is okay by me too because of the same logic.
    It shouldn't take years to get a comic on the stands. I don't know how that came to be viewed as normal.

Retired

Is “Fresh Start” just BC making a bad joke—because it sounds like a feminine hygiene product. Or is this seriously the slogan?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    DC has had PLENTY of time to get their ducks in a row as far as a JSA or Legion book is concerned. At this point it’s just absurd.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...-start-comics/

The article suggests it's a course correction based on the strength of what they're seeing from the Ink and Zoom labels, coupled with the flop of the New Age of Heroes
    I'm a bit confused. Aren't we already seeing some changes and/or course corrections with the recent solicts? Also how can they course correct this summer/fall 2018 based on the strength of the Ink and Zoom labels when those books aren't even out yet and have been delayed until sometime in 2019? This makes literally no sense at all.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 04-20-2018 at 09:38 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member

It shouldn't take years to get a comic on the stands. I don't know how that came to be viewed as normal.
    It does when the universe that comic is a part of was essentially broken and needs to be repaired first.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    DC has had PLENTY of time to get their ducks in a row as far as a JSA or Legion book is concerned. At this point it’s just absurd.
    Its not just about getting their ducks in a row. Again, the New 52 broke the DCU. So, I'm okay waiting until they fix the universe to have new series. I want the JSA and Legion back too, but I want them back the right way.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 04-20-2018 at 09:38 AM.