Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I take it back, Brian Azzarello is on Suicide Squad now, which again makes sense as that title has been running on fumes.

So I really think the only remaining title to be untouched is RHatO.
    I'm not Azzarello's biggest fan right now but I can see him bringing new life to Suicide Squad.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This just seems like a creative switch up when the books reach past the 50th issue mark.

Sounds good to me.

Every now and then the books need some freshening up and a nice spot for new readers to hop aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Is “Fresh Start” just BC making a bad joke—because it sounds like a feminine hygiene product. Or is this seriously the slogan?
    Marvel's doing a "fresh start", which I think explains where the phrase came from. It's actually a stupid name to me as it implied what went before wasn't a good thing.

As to what DC's doing overall, both they and Marvel publish what they think will sell, continue with what works and change what doesn't. Ink, Zoom, and Young Animal are signs DC's expanding their books where Rebirth was a tighter focusing. Nothing about any of this is surprising. Obviously the details will matter but every comic since Action 1 has been a "run it up the flagpole and see who salutes it".

In a few years, DC is going to refocus on its more central properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not Azzarello's biggest fan right now but I can see him bringing new life to Suicide Squad.
    Yeah, those guys are in really deep s**t right now, not a big fan of Azzarello, but it somebody can make the book interesting is him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Marvel's doing a "fresh start", which I think explains where the phrase came from. It's actually a stupid name to me as it implied what went before wasn't a good thing.
    Well in this case it wasn't. Legacy was an outright flop.

Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Azzarello bout to bring some interest back into the SS since Ostrander.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Wait wait, Azzarello is on SUICIDE SQUAD? That's a total buy for me.

BANNED

Kelly Sue DeConnick could be taking over Aquaman

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...ck-aquaman-dc/

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Is “Fresh Start” just BC making a bad joke—because it sounds like a feminine hygiene product. Or is this seriously the slogan?
    It's them equating this to Marvel's own Fresh Start initiative.

"I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Kelly Sue DeConnick could be taking over Aquaman

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...ck-aquaman-dc/
    Ewwww pass, pass, pass, pass!
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Fantastic Member

I agree with you
    I was in a freak accident there were freaks everywhere Dan vs

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It's them equating this to Marvel's own Fresh Start initiative.
    Yeah because Marvel's "Fresh Start" was just renumbering while the creative teams stayed basically the same, and this appears to be new creative teams coming onto existing titles that may or may not be renumbering ( which doesn't seem to be the case with any of DC's switching of creative teams so far) it's pretty much the same thing. ::rollseyes::
    Batman - Detective Comics - Nightwing - Batgirl - Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I take it back, Brian Azzarello is on Suicide Squad now, which again makes sense as that title has been running on fumes.
    So true about Suicide Squad running on fumes. Maybe Azzarello can do something new and different that will shake the book up and make it go from the bottom of my monthly pile to the top, or AT LEAST the middle.

Mighty Member

And if the New Age titles are a flop. It just means that i can't take fans seriously. They WHINE about wanting to see something new. It happens and they never support it.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Mighty Member

Personally, I don't have much hope for anyone on Suicide Squad. I feel like DC has forgotten what made it really deep and interesting in the first place.