Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Personally, I don't have much hope for anyone on Suicide Squad. I feel like DC has forgotten what made it really deep and interesting in the first place.
    True. For one, they put too many higher profile villains/characters on the book that they can't really take any serious chances with, and the Suicide Squad is supposed to be all about taking chances.

They could at least shake up the lineup. As long as Harley Quinn is on the team, though, it won't really be the Suicide Squad that it could and should be.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    And if the New Age titles are a flop. It just means that i can't take fans seriously. They WHINE about wanting to see something new. It happens and they never support it.
    Damage is Hulk, Terrifics is F4, New Challengers is a relaunch of an old group...

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Kelly Sue DeConnick could be taking over Aquaman

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...ck-aquaman-dc/
    That's...kind of random.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'd kind of be surprised if they could get Walker back, although maybe Bendis lured him back? I know they're close.

If Williamson's staying on the main book, I wonder if that means he'll be writing an OG!Wally solo or a Kid Flash book?
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    They could at least shake up the lineup. As long as Harley Quinn is on the team, though, it won't really be the Suicide Squad that it could and should be.
    Agreed.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

That's not a great title Bleeding Cool. It implies that the path DC are currently on is the wrong one. That's not the case at all.

I'm not surprised that the New Age of Heroes books are underperforming. It's extremely difficult to launch something new in the current market and make it a success.

As for the rest of this, I'll wait until concrete details get released and weigh it up then.

If Bendis is bringing people, what Fraction will write?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    If Bendis is bringing people, what Fraction will write?
    Have they said who is taking over Green Arrow? I would not be surprised if they gave him that.

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    Have they said who is taking over Green Arrow? I would not be surprised if they gave him that.
    Supposedly it's the Bensons sisters, but they might be a placeholder creative team.

Fantastic Member

Maybe they would give Fraction Batgirl or Birds of Prey or Wonder Woman, I would like to see what he could do with Blue Beetle.
    Last edited by reni344; 04-20-2018 at 12:00 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    Would they give Fraction Batgirl or Birds of Prey?
    Birds of Prey is cancelled.

Always Rakzo

Let's see, Walker on a Flash book doesn't get too much of my attention after enduring his Cyborg run and I hope this doesn't interfere with Williamson's work but his Marvel titles tended to be good so hopefully this will follow suit.

Brian Azzarello DOES get me excited since he's the kind of writer the book needs after so many unremarkable stories and let's pray that he distances himself from the movie as much as possible since I feel that has been one of the biggest problems with the current series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Wally possibly getting a book two years later than when he ought to have had?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    Yeah because Marvel's "Fresh Start" was just renumbering while the creative teams stayed basically the same, and this appears to be new creative teams coming onto existing titles that may or may not be renumbering ( which doesn't seem to be the case with any of DC's switching of creative teams so far) it's pretty much the same thing. ::rollseyes::
    That sounds more like Marvel Legacy. Without the renumbering.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Personally, I don't have much hope for anyone on Suicide Squad. I feel like DC has forgotten what made it really deep and interesting in the first place.
    Anyone can say whatever they want about sales. But adding Harley to the SS was a crappy move. Ever since she joined, the team lost their edge that made them great. Even the stories center around her. No arcs for Katana, Chato or Boomerang. I just learned to accept that Suicide Squad panders to Harley stans and casuals. It'll take some convincing for me to read SS again.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

BANNED

You can't restart a title by keeping the same people on it. They're too invested in what they've done.