Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Sounds like mostly a marketing ploy, to promote what they're already doing.

We know Shazam, JSA, Legion won't relaunch until Doomsday Clock wraps up. And they'll want momentum behind those launches.
    Doubtful they would do any more continuity tweaks until after D-Clock wraps up as well.

New Age of Heroes wouldn't be wrapped up yet, as a couple of titles have just barely launched.

Honestly I'm just counting down the months until we CAN get a new JSA, Legion, and Shazam. Those are the books I'd run out and buy screaming "take my money please!!!!". They've already ruined my favorite title (Titans, soon to become the Unrecognizables) and cancelled my other favorite Super Sons. I guess I'm a "wait and see" vote on any Fresh Starts.

Fantastic Member

For what it is worth I don't Super Sons is really over I think they may rebrand it as Worlds Smallest, Robin/Superboy or something like that I think when Bendis took over Superman they just decided to cancel that book because it was under the Superman label and move it to wherever Tomasi ends up. I would not be surprised to see it return as something else.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Matt Fraction… Not on Jimmy Olsen?: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...immy-olsen-dc/

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Sounds like mostly a marketing ploy, to promote what they're already doing.

We know Shazam, JSA, Legion won't relaunch until Doomsday Clock wraps up. And they'll want momentum behind those launches.
    Doubtful they would do any more continuity tweaks until after D-Clock wraps up as well.

New Age of Heroes wouldn't be wrapped up yet, as a couple of titles have just barely launched.

Honestly I'm just counting down the months until we CAN get a new JSA, Legion, and Shazam. Those are the books I'd run out and buy screaming "take my money please!!!!". They've already ruined my favorite title (Titans, soon to become the Unrecognizables) and cancelled my other favorite Super Sons. I guess I'm a "wait and see" vote on any Fresh Starts.
    With all of the delays they need to make changes to Doomsday Clock. There is zero reason those franchises should be held hostage by a Watchmen sequel.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    And if the New Age titles are a flop. It just means that i can't take fans seriously. They WHINE about wanting to see something new. It happens and they never support it.
    From the Diamond Top 300 Comic Books list for March 2018:
    * 43rd - Terrifics #2 - 34,525 copies
    * 92nd - Sideways #2 - 23,807 copies
    * 97th - Damage #3 - 22,394 copies
    * 116th - Silencer #3 - 18,208 copies
    Those are already considered "flops"?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    With all of the delays they need to make changes to Doomsday Clock. There is zero reason those franchises should be held hostage by a Watchmen sequel.
    What are those changes they doing to DOOMSDAY CLOCK this is the first time I heard of this.
    The delay is because GARY FRANK is slow.

BANNED

You are correct, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Is “Fresh Start” just BC making a bad joke—because it sounds like a feminine hygiene product. Or is this seriously the slogan?
    I’ll have you know that was my favorite laundry detergent...

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySpectre View Post
    What are those changes they doing to DOOMSDAY CLOCK this is the first time I heard of this.
    The delay is because GARY FRANK is slow.
    Do you have PROOF that it is only because of the artist that this book is so badly delayed?

Are you assuming the writer, Geoff Johns, has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DELAYS?

Give us the authoritative links that prove your case; otherwise, don't just make a claim that it's ONLY because of the artist that they went to every-two-months for this project.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Do you have PROOF that it is only because of the artist that this book is so badly delayed?

Are you assuming the writer, Geoff Johns, has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DELAYS?

Give us the authoritative links that prove your case; otherwise, don't just make a claim that it's ONLY because of the artist that they went to every-two-months for this project.
    I don't want to turn this tread into a discussion about DC delay.
    Geoff Johns Twitter.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/geoffjohn...71363873562625
    Gary Frank Twitter
    https://mobile.twitter.com/1moreGary...68248145268736

Has any of this been hinted at or confirmed by the creators mentioned? Just seems like a lot of speculation and loosely formed opinions.
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

This all sounds terrible. Grant Morrison on Green Lantern. Kelly Sue Deconick. David Walker.

Looks like the getting Bendis to come to the DCU to destroy Superman was just the start.

I was going to cut down a lot of my titles anyways since a lot of things are winding down and the price is going up. Looks like I'll be cutting the few that would have been left.

What a shame. At least we got the last two years of Rebirth which has been really great.

DC has had PLENTY of time to get their ducks in a row as far as a JSA or Legion book is concerned. At this point it’s just absurd.
    Only if you assume that those properties would actually sell really well. Which neither of them have in a very long time.

If history is anything to go by, these books will be respectable mid-level sellers (if they're lucky). Which is fine. But it's certainly not much to get excited about.

Besides, we're talking about two teams that rely very heavily on continuity. How is DC supposed to launch successful titles that lean heavily on their history when DC doesn't actually have a continuity right now?

Better to wait until the whole "missing ten years" mess is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    From the Diamond Top 300 Comic Books list for March 2018:
    * 43rd - Terrifics #2 - 34,525 copies
    * 92nd - Sideways #2 - 23,807 copies
    * 97th - Damage #3 - 22,394 copies
    * 116th - Silencer #3 - 18,208 copies
    Those are already considered "flops"?
    Has anyone at DC said these books were a flop? If not, then it's just noise coming from people who have no idea what DC's expectations for the books actually are. It's just people saying "Hey, its not selling 50K a month! Flop!"

Far as I know, the books are getting mostly positive reviews and are holding around the 20K range. I'd be surprised if DC expected better than that. I don't know of course, but it seems ridiculous to expect better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneBreaker View Post
    Has any of this been hinted at or confirmed by the creators mentioned? Just seems like a lot of speculation and loosely formed opinions.
    Well, I put no faith in BC, but they have a solid record when it comes to this sort of news.

But really, mostly all I'm seeing here are some creative team changes. Nothing more. That's not a huge "fresh start" that's just comics.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Does DC and Marvel Always have to copy eachother

Quote Originally Posted by BaneBreaker View Post
    They have a history of being right about this sort of thing. Not saying a reserve in judgment until official is wrongheaded, but the chances are good this is true.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El