klgamble

Default Help IDing a Batman variant cover

I recently received a Batman New 52 #1 - but cannot determine what version it is. Tried ComicBase, MyComicShop and others - but don't see it anywhere.
    The indica shows same first print date, barcode, ads, etc all exactly the same as the original print. The ONLY differences are on the cover - instead of yellowish Batman logo - it is more white, and instead of yellow-brown background hue - it is a pinkish-purple. See image - my original 1st print - next to this new one.

Anyone have any idea what this other variant cover is?
    IMG_1345_2.jpg

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Usually alternate color is second printing and beyond, but the second printing of that book has a red background.
    Maybe color printing error?
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-20-2018 at 01:33 PM.

There is no info on the inside in small print where the publisher notes are?

JohnConnorMacLeod

i think it was left in the sun for an afternoon

What are the five digits to the right of the phrase “direct sales”? That’ll tell you which one it is. I can’t make it out on the image you posted.

It looks like the fifth printing of Batman #1. See the covers at GCD.

What Twice-named says is correct. The five digits indicate to the right of "Direct Sales" indicate the issue number (first 3 digits), the variant (fourth digit), and the printing (fifth digit). You can see how that works at the link. Three variants for the first printing, distinguished by "1", "2", or "3" in the fourth digit, and "1" in the fifth. Then the next four covers have "1" in the fourth digit (so there was only one cover per printing, no variants), and "2", "3", "4", and "5" in the fifth digit.
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.