Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Which heroes and villains do you want to see visit Tom King's "Sanctuary"?

Tom King's crisis center for superheroes and villains, Sanctuary, is an interesting concept in that the physical and psychological aftermath characters face isn't always carried with them from story to story.

Based on the Batman title, it looks like Poison Ivy is headed their for a visit to come to terms with her actions and inactions from The War of Jokes and Riddles and her recent story pitting her against Batman and Catwoman.

So, the question is...based on the stories and tales and characterizations you know, which other superheroes and supervillains would you like to see take part in Sanctuary? And why? Who do you imagine needs help and who do you imagine is searching for redemption?

Astonishing Member

I can easily see Lilith/Omen working there.

She's a counselor and psychic telepath.

Arsenal should have his own room there. Right next to Jason Todd's.

I have to wonder if the template for this whole thing was that great issue of Peter David's "X-Force" where the team was being counselled by Dr Samson.

Either way, Jessica Cruz would definitely fit for a session - her identity is based on her psychological issues.

I also feel Alfred needs someone to talk to.

Red Tornados

I don't necessarily want it to happen (since she already has a psychiatrist and it would create some timeline issues), but Kate Kane's experiences in her current series have hurt her pretty bad mentally and emotionally and would definitely warrant some therapy.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I have to wonder if the template for this whole thing was that great issue of Peter David's "X-Force" where the team was being counselled by Dr Samson.

Either way, Jessica Cruz would definitely fit for a session - her identity is based on her psychological issues.

I also feel Alfred needs someone to talk to.
    The 'template' is just real world PTSD centers. Why King called it the most obvious idea he ever had.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    Arsenal should have his own room there. Right next to Jason Todd's.
    I don't want to see Jason appear in anything written by King.

Harvey Dent (when he’s in control of Two Face). And maybe the Riddler if they try the Gotham thing with Ed and Riddler being distinctly different people fighting for control

Winslow Schott. And it'd be interesting for them to try and make a house call to the Fortress to talk to Hank Henshaw while he's imprisoned.

Toyman would probably benefit. They'd fail with Cyborg Superman. But all the same it'd be interesting to see them try.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I don't want to see Jason appear in anything written by King.
    Sanctuary isn't a book.

To answer OP I think it's quicker and easier to list heroes who are so well balanced and regulated they don't need to visit the place

The entire Bayfamily could really use some theraphy, but Bruce, Jason and Cassandra are probably the most urgent cases, maybe Tim too depending of the status of his parents.