Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Does John make an appearance?
    Not in this issue, but Morrison said in an interview that he's going to try to bring in some other Lanterns soon.

Morrison just signed a new deal with UCP to develop more of his comic work for TV, so I'm thinking he probably won't stay after his planned "first season" 12-issue run on TGL. He originally said he thought he wouldn't have time to do a monthly book with his current schedule anyway, I'm not sure he would want to continue when he gets even more TV work now.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Morrison just signed a new deal with UCP to develop more of his comic work for TV, so I'm thinking he probably won't stay after his planned "first season" 12-issue run on TGL. He originally said he thought he wouldn't have time to do a monthly book with his current schedule anyway, I'm not sure he would want to continue when he gets even more TV work now.
    To be fair, Morrison always says that, and he then he always go "well, I was about to leave, and then I had this idea..."
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Morrison & Sharp are swinging for the fences here. Keep it up, boys. It's been great so far.

Attachment 73464
    Oh man, I wish there was a speech bubble from Hal saying “you’re under arrest.”

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    To be fair, Morrison always says that, and he then he always go "well, I was about to leave, and then I had this idea..."
    Yeah I don’t think Grant can ever stay away from DC for long. He probably has so many stories that he wants to tell.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

He is prioritizing his time for projects that really get his creative juices flowing. Morrison turned down the opportunity to contribute to both Action Comics #1000 and Detective Comics #1000 because he didn't have anything left to say about them right now.

All I can say is that I really liked his take on the Guardians. They've been getting treated shoddily for decades.

Astonishing Member

Not really. If anything the Guardians turning out to be bad is the logical outcome of the entire premise of them setting themselves up as the law in the known dc universe.

I think his run on GL is like his run on AC. It's going to have a finite end in the near future and not something expansive like his Batman/B&R/Batman Inc trilogy.

I wonder if DC will dangle the prospect of the Flash book to get him to continue to write for them.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 11-08-2018 at 10:46 AM.

Read it last night...really dug it. Will read it again today when I'm less tired, because it's Morrison and I probably missed some stuff.

Art was amazing, as well.

BANNED

so...what is the consensus of the first issue ?

I thought it was an average read myself

BANNED

how many issues is this run going to have?

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    how many issues is this run going to have?
    It's planned to be a 12-issue run.

It's planned to be a 12-issue run.
    Though he says he's got plans to do "seasons" which are 12 issues each...

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    Though he says he's got plans to do "seasons" which are 12 issues each...
    Sure, but the "official" plan at this moment is to be a 12 issue series. What happens afterwards is dependent on his schedule. Or maybe the book could end up not selling and they decide to cancel it even if Morrison wants to keep writing it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Fingers crossed we get more than 12.

I don't expect it to be as long as his Batman run, but I hope it's longer than Action was.