Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

So far I been enjoying Morrison Green Lantern last three issue have been great especially issue 3 it was wacky but good and art has been fantastic cant wait for the next issue.

BANNED

I don't like it. It's too weird for the sake of being weird. Dropped after issue 2.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Liam Sharp is totally killing it on GL. Everything just looks so rich and interesting. I love it.

Morrison is on his A game.

It's not "God", the Shepherd is a Demiruge type figure.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-11-2019 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    I don't like it. It's too weird for the sake of being weird. Dropped after issue 2.
    If you find this weird I suggest you steer clear of anything with Morrison's name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Cop implies street level. The Green Lantern Corps is a cosmic law enforcement agency that encompasses much more than that. Morrison has turn Hal Jordan into Andy Sipowicz.
    It's on the cover of issue #3 right there, both what Hal does and the scale of his powers: Cop vs. God. Sure, he's a space cop, but shrinking planets and selling them to multi-dimensional arms dealers and intergalactic villains beyond imagination is about as cosmic as one gets. Heck, that's Doctor Who.

I mean, I get if it's not your cup of tea, but that's not for false advertising, either. Morrison/DC's been rather upfront about how they're approaching it.

---

On a side note, I'm glad that Morrison's tackling something I was worried about when he said he wanted to emphasize the space cop nature of the Corps -- explicit police corruption, too. it's an important topic these days, and yes, it's very much contrary to Hal's characterization (which is why I'm siding with those who believe there's more to this story than the cliffhanger would imply), but it's still a presence. Yes, there've been corrupt Corpsmen or even just outright conspiracies, but the whole line of, "You all saw. It was self-defense." really hammers the intention of the parallels to the topic.

I can't find the exact quote but it's the same ethos he brought to Superman, that superheroes work best when they are the everyday blown up to the nth degree. Superman doesn't just have friends out of town, he has friends a thousand years in the future. Instead of playing catch with his dog, he throws asteroids for Krytpo in low orbit.

Instead of busting human slavers, Hal has to deal with planet stealers. Heck, even the confrontation with the Planet Eater was a metaphor for climate change wrapped in the superhero myth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    I can't find the exact quote but it's the same ethos he brought to Superman, that superheroes work best when they are the everyday blown up to the nth degree. Superman doesn't just have friends out of town, he has friends a thousand years in the future. Instead of playing catch with his dog, he throws asteroids for Krytpo in low orbit.

Instead of busting human slavers, Hal has to deal with planet stealers. Heck, even the confrontation with the Planet Eater was a metaphor for climate change wrapped in the superhero myth.
    I like that metaphor. How a self centered person lives in a very small world.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    If you find this weird I suggest you steer clear of anything with Morrison's name on it.
    Yeah, I don't find this too weird, especially in comparison to a lot of Morrison stuff. But I may not be the best judge since I rarely find Morrison too weird. He just uses Silver Age comic wackiness and gives it modern updates. That's what I'm really enjoying about this series. It's pretty timeless. These stories feel like they could have happened at just about any time in Green Lantern's history.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

BTW, does anyone know what the "Opti-humans of the Fifth World" are?? Did Morrison just make that up here or is that from something else?
    It must be related to Morrison´s previous works like JLA, Final Crisis and Return of Bruce Wayne, where he said many times that after the Fourth World of the New Gods ends, the Fifth World will begin on Earth. That happened on Final Crisis. It has been an idea for over 20 years, or maybe more time, I don't remember if Jack Kirby said something about a Fifth World.

maybe. just maybe, grant could squeeze these two sometime in future arcs.

^^ Depending on how long the book lasts, since BC reported that a retailer told them it's apparently going down the charts quickly.

CBR Article: DC May Have Just Renamed the Green Lantern Corps- https://www.cbr.com/dc-green-lantern-corps-new-name/

Quote Originally Posted by CBR
    Jordan identifies himself as an officer of the Green Lantern Intergalactic Police Patrol instead of the Green Lantern Corps.
    ?

Isn't he just pretty much loosely describing the job? Not changing the name of it?
    Similar to what Abin Sur did: "Space-Patrolmen in the Super galactic System.

How is that worth an "article"?
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-14-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    ^^ Depending on how long the book lasts, since BC reported that a retailer told them it's apparently going down the charts quickly.
    I'm not sure I'd take one single retailer's report as a sign it's not doing well, especially since it was still fourth on BC's overall list.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    CBR Article: DC May Have Just Renamed the Green Lantern Corps- https://www.cbr.com/dc-green-lantern-corps-new-name/

?

Isn't he just pretty much loosely describing the job? Not changing the name of it?
    Similar to what Abin Sur did: "Space-Patrolmen in the Super galactic System.
    What a dumb clickbait article. Are adjectives REALLY newsworthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    How is that worth an "article"?
    It's really not. Must be a slow news day, or they know that any article about this title will get a click.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I wouldn't worry, from everything I've heard, sales are very strong for this series and Morrison does even better in trades. Bleeding Cool does this clickbaity article all the time. They did the same thing with Bendis, who also does better in trades.