Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I would be surprised if we do not see the other corps in some manner. Morrison loves to play with everything available, but really depends if he is on it long term if this is just going to be a one story type of deal.
    Yeah, I didn't really mean that Morrison should throw the Emotional Spectrum down the toilet and start afresh, so to speak. I'd be extremely frustrated if the GL franchise just kept on regurgitating 'War Of Light' styled stories over and over again, but there's no reason not to keep it in reserve if needed. I can't see Morrison being satisfied with just rehashing old storylines. If he is in this for the long term then I can see him having a big idea for the series and characters.

Liam Sharp potentially being on art surprises me too. His work on Wonder Woman was very good in places, if a little over-shadowed by Nicola Scott's outstanding work being published at the same time, but his art sometimes looked a little rushed. He's an artist that I'd normally associate with fantasy or classical mythology related books as well.
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 04-20-2018 at 12:37 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I believe he said his opinion on Hal improved a great deal after the Johns run. He could still prefer some of the others though.
    It looked a lot like he preferred whichever way the wind happened to be blowing. The wind was blowing awfully hard against Hal and the Corps then.

Interesting. I would like to see what Morrison could do with the Green Lantern franchise but my interest in a Morrison written GL book would also depend on the set-up. If he keeps it mostly in space, about multiple Lanterns and uses the Emotional Spectrum, I would definitely try it.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

BANNED

He'll fish Kyle out of the dumpster for sure, which will be a good thing. But I imagine he'll leave Guy in there.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Yeah, I didn't really mean that Morrison should throw the Emotional Spectrum down the toilet and start afresh, so to speak. I'd be extremely frustrated if the GL franchise just kept on regurgitating 'War Of Light' styled stories over and over again, but there's no reason not to keep it in reserve if needed.
    Yea, I don't want "regurgitating War Of Light styled stories" but at the same time, I'm very much interested in how Morrison would use the spectrum, overtly or subtly in his run.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 04-20-2018 at 12:40 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Come to think of it, he'll probably kill the mantra of "Hal is the greatest," which will be another good thing. He doesn't seem to have ever believed that.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I believe he said his opinion on Hal improved a great deal after the Johns run. He could still prefer some of the others though.
    Yea, he respected what Geoff Johns did to the Green Lantern franchise by making it one of the top DC books around at the time, which Hal Jordan was at the forefront.

I am hoping with him coming on board he will place some focus on some non earth lanterns. I wonder if we are going to get down to one GL book again, or if Simon and Jessica will remain in separate book.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I am hoping with him coming on board he will place some focus on some non earth lanterns. I wonder if we are going to get down to one GL book again, or if Simon and Jessica will remain in separate book.
    Isn't the Green Lanterns continuing under the new writer, Dan Jurgens?

Grant Morrison certainly doesn't seem someone who would only focus on a single character. He's good at making obscure characters interesting as well.

Morrison had quite a lot of praise for the Johns' era GL. He described the 'Blackest Night' run as 'magisterial and morbid' in his book 'Supergods'. And the morbid wasn't intended as a slight. He also referred to the GL mythos and it's expansion through the Emotional Spectrum as being 'deft and engrossing' in the same book.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Isn't the Green Lanterns continuing under the new writer, Dan Jurgens?
    It would appear so. That's the one announcement that doesn't do anything for me.

I just can't see Jurgens doing anything fresh or worthwhile with that series.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Morrison had quite a lot of praise for the Johns' era GL. He described the 'Blackest Night' run as 'magisterial and morbid' in his book 'Supergods'. And the morbid wasn't intended as a slight. He also referred to the GL mythos and it's expansion through the Emotional Spectrum as being 'deft and engrossing' in the same book.
    Grant is the perfect writer to come in and have the ability to make intellectual and emotional hay out of all that Johns expanded and built.

There's no direction that Grant could go in with GL that I think would put me off. Earth-based, space-based, Hal-focus, more egalitarian....I trust him a lot.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Fantastic Member

The problem with Grant Morrison is he's erratic. I mean as writer not as a person. Ok, he's probably that too. But the point is sometimes all of his crazy ideas coalesce into an amazing story and sometimes they're just crazy ideas. Morrison's at his worst is incomprehensible and I say this as an English major who has read some pretty complicated stuff. At his best, Morrison is one of the best writers in the business.

Holy cow! I would LOVE this. I have no use for Vendetti's Hal and Pals (as I saw it put by another poster) and though I loved the first run on Green Lanterns, I lost all interest when Seeley took over. His approach to the characters felt very forced to me and before him the book felt so organic and rewarding. So lately I'm not buying any GL comics.

Put Morrison on GL and I'm buckling up for a new favorite series. I really hope this happens.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    There's no direction that Grant could go in with GL that I think would put me off. Earth-based, space-based, Hal-focus, more egalitarian....I trust him a lot.
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Holy cow! I would LOVE this. I have no use for Vendetti's Hal and Pals (as I saw it put by another poster) and though I loved the first run on Green Lanterns, I lost all interest when Seeley took over. His approach to the characters felt very forced to me and before him the book felt so organic and rewarding. So lately I'm not buying any GL comics.

Put Morrison on GL and I'm buckling up for a new favorite series. I really hope this happens.
    And same again. I lost interest with Vendetti's run from the New 52 era and didn't care for the first trade of the Rebirth one, so I've been waiting for a new creative team for GL (and Hal specifically) for what feels like ages. Seeley's GLs is a rare miss for him, and I'm not terribly interested in Simon or Jessica to begin with. I think it's best for all involved that he's off the title, he's my top choice for Wonder Woman which he seems better suited for (and Robinson is gone!).