Green Lantern (Leonard Lewis) of Earth-6
    Flashlight of Earth-36
    Abin Sur of Earth-20
    Hal Jordan of Earth-0
    Green Lantern of Earth-9
    Bat-Lantern (Bruce Wayne) of Earth-32

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    Can you ID every member of the multiversal GL corps, my compeers?

I think the dark rainbow lady is new, but I want to just wish upon a star that she's like, the Doctor Spectro of Earth-8. I was trying to figure out which Alt-Earth her style suits, and I'm really not sure. I guess she does have a smidge of OMAC style, so she could be from Earth-51.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Wasn't one of them from an "Anti-Matter..." Earth?

That might explain the suit(assuming I'm not just remembering that all wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I think the dark rainbow lady is new, but I want to just wish upon a star that she's like, the Doctor Spectro of Earth-8. I was trying to figure out which Alt-Earth her style suits, and I'm really not sure. I guess she does have a smidge of OMAC style, so she could be from Earth-51.
    I also think than the Rainbow Lantern could be from earth-8, analog to Dr. Spectrum, but easly could be from any other earth without a proper Green Lantern identity yet, like earth-48(Warworld), earth-34(Cosmoville), earth-35(Pseudoverse). But as I said,I put my bet with K.Jones on number 8. Unless Morrison is revealing one of the new earths.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Wasn't one of them from an "Anti-Matter..." Earth?

That might explain the suit(assuming I'm not just remembering that all wrong).
    Those guys, the antimatter lanterns, were with violet light and we already saw one in the first issue of this series. Unless you are talking about the Power Ring from the universe of Qward.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

If I had to put my money on something, it'd be she's an analogue for Black Hand from Alan Moore's Supreme run. She sort of fits the over designed aesthetic the Super Americans had in the Guidebook. Astro City lacked a clear Green Lantern analogue, though the Pointman from Dark Age seems like a good place to build one. I don't see this character hailing from Earth-34, though. Dr. Spectrum is likely, though, doubly so since we do have Hyperius as the Superman of Earth-8.

Spectacular Member

Late to it but this issue was real top stuff, especially after the last issue which I was meh on. Hal's numerous personas in this series gives me hope we'll get a great Pol Manning tale from this series.

Hands down my favorite cover of the series so far. Hal only needs a damsel in distress clinging onto his leg and the 70s pulp fantasy is complete. lol

I love seeing that this is Hal's idea of a vacation. It would have been weird though if his ring functioned properly on that planet since there was a war and people were dying.

I wonder why the cursed amulet looked like it has a Darkstar insignia on it...

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    If I had to put my money on something, it'd be she's an analogue for Black Hand from Alan Moore's Supreme run. She sort of fits the over designed aesthetic the Super Americans had in the Guidebook. Astro City lacked a clear Green Lantern analogue, though the Pointman from Dark Age seems like a good place to build one. I don't see this character hailing from Earth-34, though. Dr. Spectrum is likely, though, doubly so since we do have Hyperius as the Superman of Earth-8.
    I agree, dark rainbow fin woman is probably an inhabitant of earth-8 or Supremo's earth-35. She is already 1 of my favorite comic book characters.

I'm sad that Morrison gave the United Planets Superwatch such a devastating blow. My friends Power-Boy, Logi, Quisto, Marvel Maid, etc. deserved much better.
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

The annual came out today, and I was spot on about it featuring Airwave and the Radio People of Kwyzz!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    The annual came out today, and I was spot on about it featuring Airwave and the Radio People of Kwyzz!
    I missed Liam Sharpe on art but I thought the art itself was highly serviceable. And what a great crossover between Airwave and the people of Kwyzz, yeah!

What I didn't anticipate was the whole Jordan Family Reunion one-shot story concept. Is it too much to love how dysfunctional they are? And how Hal, who is older than Jim ... seems to feel more comfortable hanging out with the kids?

I trust almost all these characters are preexisting. I know Jim and Susan well enough. I thought Jim only had two kids, Howie and Jane. Certainly from what I've read in the last ten years they only have two kids. But Wikipedia tells me they had a youngest, Arthur, who got Zero Houred!

Jason and Helen appear to be Jack's kids. I only really know Jack from flashbacks. He seemed like a dick. Jan was supposed to have died in a car accident while Hal was Spectre, right? And Hip Jordan is still a crook, he's just now what, trying to get revenge on Green Lantern for not being able to steal Titus's Rolls-Royce? What a scumbag. But man what an interesting family.

Uncle Larry's dead but Cousin Hal's still Airwave, so that's cool. I think that's everybody. Uncle Titus alive. Uncle Jeremiah is the old dude with the old-timey mustache. There's an actual family tree on the "Jordan Family" page of the DC Database wiki.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I missed Liam Sharpe on art but I thought the art itself was highly serviceable. And what a great crossover between Airwave and the people of Kwyzz, yeah!

What I didn't anticipate was the whole Jordan Family Reunion one-shot story concept. Is it too much to love how dysfunctional they are? And how Hal, who is older than Jim ... seems to feel more comfortable hanging out with the kids?

I trust almost all these characters are preexisting. I know Jim and Susan well enough. I thought Jim only had two kids, Howie and Jane. Certainly from what I've read in the last ten years they only have two kids. But Wikipedia tells me they had a youngest, Arthur, who got Zero Houred!

Jason and Helen appear to be Jack's kids. I only really know Jack from flashbacks. He seemed like a dick. Jan was supposed to have died in a car accident while Hal was Spectre, right? And Hip Jordan is still a crook, he's just now what, trying to get revenge on Green Lantern for not being able to steal Titus's Rolls-Royce? What a scumbag. But man what an interesting family.

Uncle Larry's dead but Cousin Hal's still Airwave, so that's cool. I think that's everybody. Uncle Titus alive. Uncle Jeremiah is the old dude with the old-timey mustache. There's an actual family tree on the "Jordan Family" page of the DC Database wiki.
    Yeah, the twists and turns of the Jordan family are kinda fascinating. It's no surprise that Morrison couldn't resist doing a story focusing on them.

Helen telling Hal that he wasn't a ghost got a chuckle out of me. And then her line about having adventures with Uncle Hal's ghost? ... I'm glad Morrison hinted at it, though it's far from a genuine canonical acknowledgement. Hal/Spectre is one of those things that's still technically canon but just not really mentioned, right?

So...the volume 1 HC came out. I was contemplating waiting for a deluxe collection of the whole Morrison run before diving in. But that might be another 3-4 years.

Would you guys recommend the first HC (issues 1-6) as a worthwhile set of stories that stand on their own?

(and I just checked - volume 2 comes out Christmas Eve)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Helen telling Hal that he wasn't a ghost got a chuckle out of me. And then her line about having adventures with Uncle Hal's ghost? ... I'm glad Morrison hinted at it, though it's far from a genuine canonical acknowledgement. Hal/Spectre is one of those things that's still technically canon but just not really mentioned, right?
    I thought during the New 52 Johns did a pretty deft job of like, evading showing or mentioning The Spectre period without contradicting it. I mean literally right before Flashpoint, The Spectre was like "HAL I USED TO BE YOU and CRISPUS and now I'm FIGHTING RED ENERGY MONSTERS FROM SPAAAAAAAACE! and very involved in this whole NEKRON thing!" It's been a minute since I've pursed through the New 52 Volume, but I feel like I can recall Spectre being dodged.

Then of course he turns up as Jim Corrigan again in the Divergence Batman line. Which is fine and lovely. (Is Crispus alive again? I can't really recall. Maybe the Spectre used yet another Crisis to fix Crispus's life, the same way a previous Crisis had brought them together.)

Anyway I don't think anything remotely Spectre related came up in the Venditti/Jensen/Soule/Bunn period, so easy enough not to reference. But Morrison definitely seems to be cheekily referencing it, since there's noted "Final Appearance" characters in the Jordan family that had their Final Appearances while he was Spectreing around. And Airwave was supposed to be dead, too. Killed by Deathstroke in Infinite Crisis, then a zombie in Blackest Night, yeah? So is he a Flashpoint, a Rebirth? Who cares. It was an un-earned death for a supporting role character anyway and he's more fun as a doofy little would-be do-gooder cousin.