Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Morrison on Green Lantern

So according to reports on bleedingcool hopefully they are true, but they are reporting that Morrison will be taking over Green Lanter.

I feel like Morrison will keep but not be dependent on the Spectrum and unify everything he can. If these leads to events then please let one feature the Titans Of Myth and the world’s they held (about 5 of them) but that is me wishful thinking. The most likely guess for me is an event revolving around the Vega Ring Of Life System and its 25 Planet since you have the Omega Men, Tamaran, and much untapped potential.

BANNED

If Morrison is getting a GL book, which would fit with Deniz's teases (A big name, a creative team that would probably be monthly, something suited to his tastes), then I definitely hope that either Green Lanterns continues with a new writer or whatever replaces it has a writer I'm fond of.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I definitely hope that either Green Lanterns continues with a new writer or whatever replaces it has a writer I'm fond of.
    Yeah, Green Lanterns has been AWFUL since Seeley took over. I'm reading the "Superhuman Trafficking" arc right now and he basically took what was a fun, semi-unique idea for a story and made it BORING and a chore to read. He needs to go, if DC plans to continue the "Green Lanterns" book.

At least the HJ & the GLC book is fun, if nothing else.

I hope it is Grant on the book, but would be surprised to see it remain monthly the man is not good at keeping on schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I hope it is Grant on the book, but would be surprised to see it remain monthly the man is not good at keeping on schedule.
    Im pretty sure any delays on morrison books are mostly art related

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    He needs to go, if DC plans to continue the "Green Lanterns" book.
    We already know Seeley is gone. July's issues of Green Lanterns are being written by Jurgens. Probably gonna pick those up. Jurgens can be hit or miss and although his Rebirth books weren't very good, I'm still open to giving him a chance here if he is the new writer and not just doing fill-ins.

I frickin' love Morrison but unless they ditch at least 5 of the active human GL's and have stories about something besides the GL's/OA/Color Spectrum then forget it.
    Batman - Daredevil

We already know Seeley is gone.
    I had no idea Seeley was leaving GLs this soon, but BOY am I glad.

I actually like Jurgens on big scale stuff like Superman or in this case, Green Latnern(s), so I'm fine with him taking over the book if he does do long term.

Crossing my fingers on this, but I'm skeptical... Morrison's kinda busy being EIC over at Heavy Metal last I heard... and I can't find anything online reporting that he stepped down from that gig.

Anyhow heres the rumor to this particular rumor:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...c-fresh-start/

Astonishing Member

If Morrison is getting a GL book, which would fit with Deniz's teases (A big name, a creative team that would probably be monthly, something suited to his tastes), then I definitely hope that either Green Lanterns continues with a new writer or whatever replaces it has a writer I'm fond of.
    I certainly can neither confirm nor deny this rumor but, boy, that sure would make Deniz a happy reader.

They are now reporting that Liam Sharp will be doing artwork really hope they got the Morrison part right cannot think of a better writer then Morrison to take the Green Lantern titles.

I'd actually read a Morrison GL book. the beauty of Morrison to me is that even if it's one of many GL franchise series, the morrison one wou;ld be distinct and not depend on others to follow plots. Grant's work doesn't blend well with others.

I'm just copying and pasting my thoughts from Hal's Appreciation Thread:

Not sure how to feel about this.

I mean, Morrison is Morrison so it's a big deal that he's finally sitting down to try his hand at a new DC property, but to a degree it feels like we're moving to the opposite end of the spectrum from Venditti.

He'll probably do a lot of interesting stuff and take the franchise in some creative directions, but from a character and characterization standpoint I'm not sure if it'll be any kind of improvement from Venditti.

I also don't think Morrison cares about Hal that much, so not sure what that will mean as far as the Earth Lanterns.

And Liam Sharp doesn't strike me as a good fit for Cosmic book.

Fantastic Member

The problem with Grant Morrison is he's erratic. I mean as writer not as a person. Ok, he's probably that too. But the point is sometimes all of his crazy ideas coalesce into an amazing story and sometimes they're just crazy ideas. Morrison's at his worst is incomprehensible and I say this as an English major who has read some pretty complicated stuff. At his best, Morrison is one of the best writers in the business.