Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Morrison on Green Lantern

So according to reports on bleedingcool hopefully they are true, but they are reporting that Morrison will be taking over Green Lanter.

I feel like Morrison will keep but not be dependent on the Spectrum and unify everything he can. If these leads to events then please let one feature the Titans Of Myth and the world’s they held (about 5 of them) but that is me wishful thinking. The most likely guess for me is an event revolving around the Vega Ring Of Life System and its 25 Planet since you have the Omega Men, Tamaran, and much untapped potential.

BANNED

If Morrison is getting a GL book, which would fit with Deniz's teases (A big name, a creative team that would probably be monthly, something suited to his tastes), then I definitely hope that either Green Lanterns continues with a new writer or whatever replaces it has a writer I'm fond of.

You know what? I'm not even really a fan of Morrison's, but the Green Lantern books and the GL franchise in general are stuck in such a rut right now that my attitude is basically, "Oh, what the hell...why not?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I definitely hope that either Green Lanterns continues with a new writer or whatever replaces it has a writer I'm fond of.
    Yeah, Green Lanterns has been AWFUL since Seeley took over. I'm reading the "Superhuman Trafficking" arc right now and he basically took what was a fun, semi-unique idea for a story and made it BORING and a chore to read. He needs to go, if DC plans to continue the "Green Lanterns" book.

At least the HJ & the GLC book is fun, if nothing else.

I hope it is Grant on the book, but would be surprised to see it remain monthly the man is not good at keeping on schedule.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    He needs to go, if DC plans to continue the "Green Lanterns" book.
    We already know Seeley is gone. July's issues of Green Lanterns are being written by Jurgens. Probably gonna pick those up. Jurgens can be hit or miss and although his Rebirth books weren't very good, I'm still open to giving him a chance here if he is the new writer and not just doing fill-ins.

I frickin' love Morrison but unless they ditch at least 5 of the active human GL's and have stories about something besides the GL's/OA/Color Spectrum then forget it.
    Batman - Daredevil

We already know Seeley is gone.
    I had no idea Seeley was leaving GLs this soon, but BOY am I glad.

I actually like Jurgens on big scale stuff like Superman or in this case, Green Latnern(s), so I'm fine with him taking over the book if he does do long term.

Crossing my fingers on this, but I'm skeptical... Morrison's kinda busy being EIC over at Heavy Metal last I heard... and I can't find anything online reporting that he stepped down from that gig.

Anyhow heres the rumor to this particular rumor:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...c-fresh-start/

Seeley messed up when he went back to Jessica Old Stories trying to put his own spin on it. There are too many Human GL in important positions, Geoff honestly got a bad case of gluttony with the number of Human GL and we still haven’t answered the post Darkseid War question of why the are so many.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I would be BEYOND EXCITED for Morrison doing a long GL run.

Would be a dream come true frankly as I've posted about this desire of mine on here many times.

Wow, I pray B.Cool is right.

ZThanos1dbcd.jpg
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member

If Morrison is getting a GL book, which would fit with Deniz's teases (A big name, a creative team that would probably be monthly, something suited to his tastes), then I definitely hope that either Green Lanterns continues with a new writer or whatever replaces it has a writer I'm fond of.
    I certainly can neither confirm nor deny this rumor but, boy, that sure would make Deniz a happy reader.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I said in another thread that if he can bring his A-game like he did with New X-men, in bringing back life into a property, then I'm all for him. However, this can also be a double edged sword.

They are now reporting that Liam Sharp will be doing artwork really hope they got the Morrison part right cannot think of a better writer then Morrison to take the Green Lantern titles.